Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

2015 Recruiting Season is in full swing

bbdude

From bad to worse ...

Tim Irvin to host Texas CB commit Davante Davis on Auburn OV

— Twitter API (@twitterapi) https://twitter.com/T_irvin2/status/556929546038284288" data-datetime="2011-11-07T20:21:07+00:00">November 7, 2011

I guess he knows all the ins an outs of Auburn U after spending 15 hours in Alabama...LOL. Hope Davis sticks with us, can't find a good 6'3" corner easily.

I'm not worried about DBs, we will land good players at that position. I'm more interested to see what happens at RB, WR OL and DT. 

We are currently at 24 commits (23 technically since Merrick is a grey shirt). Let's say Major doesn't qualify and Davis jumps ship that leaves us at 21 commits (meaning we would have 10 scholarships). 

DB:
Holton Hill, Kris Boyd, Xavier Lewis, Mark Fields, Ronnie Hoggins, and Sheldrick Redwine. 

RB: 
Chris Warren, Nicholas Brossette, and Soso Jamabo  

WR:

Ryan Newsome, John Burt and Carlos Strickland. 

QB: 

Kai Locksley

DT: 

Kevin Scott

I think we land 7 or 8 out of that group. If I were nitpicking I hope we go after another offensive lineman and/or defensive tackle. Some random name will pop up before national signing day, I hope it's on the offensive lineman or defensive tackle. 

I'm not worried about DBs, we will land good players at that position. I'm more interested to see what happens at RB, WR OL and DT.

We are currently at 24 commits (23 technically since Merrick is a grey shirt). Let's say Major doesn't qualify and Davis jumps ship that leaves us at 21 commits (meaning we would have 10 scholarships).

DB:

Holton Hill, Kris Boyd, Xavier Lewis, Mark Fields, Ronnie Hoggins, and Sheldrick Redwine.

RB:

WR:

QB:

Kai Locksley

DT:

Kevin Scott

I think we land 7 or 8 out of that group. If I were nitpicking I hope we go after another offensive lineman and/or defensive tackle. Some random name will pop up before national signing day, I hope it's on the offensive lineman or defensive tackle.

Don't give up on Mack.

Through many years of following recruiting I have learned a few things. It is never as good as it sounds. It is never as bad as it sounds. With 18 year old kids nothing is for sure until that ink drys on signing day. We are going to end up with a really good class, but will probably keep changing. This I am 50-50 on for sure 😉 #letsride

Recruiting has certainly changed. Every time I log onto Twitter someone else has decommitted. Elite WR, KJ Hill, has decommitted from Arkansas. Guessing he's headed to Bama, but he also had interest in Auburn. If he's headed to Auburn not sure how that would impact Burt, but I think he's probably headed to Bama. 

A&M made an interesting WR coach hire, Virginia Tech WR coach Aaron Moorehead. 

That's important in terms of recruiting because of Lodge. Lodge to A&M was dependent on the aggys hiring Wyatt. Lodge is wide open IMO. Texas needs to get him on campus. I think Ole Miss is the leader but he could honestly end up anywhere. 

A&M made an interesting WR coach hire, Virginia Tech WR coach Aaron Moorehead. 

That's important in terms of recruiting because of Lodge. Lodge to A&M was dependent on the aggys hiring Wyatt. Lodge is wide open IMO. Texas needs to get him on campus. I think Ole Miss is the leader but he could honestly end up anywhere. 

speaking of...coaches any word on a possible TE coach candidates for Texas yet????

I'm not worried about DBs, we will land good players at that position. I'm more interested to see what happens at RB, WR OL and DT. 

DB:

RB: 

WR:

QB: 

Kai Locksley

DT: 

Kevin Scott

A couple of names you need to add . . . the Richmond kid who is committed to Ole Miss right now, and the recent decommit from Wisconsin, although I don't think the latter ever makes a trip here. We are talking to both.

I don't give up on Major until UT makes that move, if they do. Dude has the most upside of our OL prospects, don't want to lose him.

I think Wick would like another OL since some spots have opened. Richmond would be a huge get. I don't think the other kid even knows where Texas is.

Another bonus to having a couple spots opened is that it brings about the possibility of taking all three RB recruits, or at least the ability to do so. The more this plays out, the more I like Soso. Can't coach speed and quicks.

Recruiting has certainly changed. Every time I log onto Twitter someone else has decommitted. Elite WR, KJ Hill, has decommitted from Arkansas. Guessing he's headed to Bama, but he also had interest in Auburn. If he's headed to Auburn not sure how that would impact Burt, but I think he's probably headed to Bama. 

Found this article. it's from Jan 9th

http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2015/1/9/7520511/auburn-tigers-recruiting-update

"Auburn does not have that many spots left for this year's class. There are currently twenty people committed or already enrolled. The SEC has a cap of 25, but I believe at least one or two of those already enrolled can count back to last season's class since the Tigers only signed 24. There are seven people listed on that targets list, and I doubt the Tigers land all seven."

and according to https://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/commitments/ they now have 21 signee/commits. if that's the case then they have a max of 4 spots left.

According to http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/auburn_targets_cece_jefferson.html they may sign 3 recruits at once which would leave them with two spots max.

Unless they start pulling scholy's, there's a good chance there just won't be enough room left especially for people like burt that are waiting until the last minute to commit

Found this article. it's from Jan 9th

http://www.collegeandmagnolia.com/2015/1/9/7520511/auburn-tigers-recruiting-update

"Auburn does not have that many spots left for this year's class. There are currently twenty people committed or already enrolled. The SEC has a cap of 25, but I believe at least one or two of those already enrolled can count back to last season's class since the Tigers only signed 24. There are seven people listed on that targets list, and I doubt the Tigers land all seven."

and according to https://rivals.yahoo.com/auburn/football/recruiting/commitments/ they now have 21 signee/commits. if that's the case then they have a max of 4 spots left.

According to http://www.al.com/auburnfootball/index.ssf/2015/01/auburn_targets_cece_jefferson.html they may sign 3 recruits at once which would leave them with two spots max.

Unless they start pulling scholy's, there's a good chance there just won't be enough room left especially for people like burt that are waiting until the last minute to commit

Very true, they have a lot of big names on the board too.