Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

SEC vs Big 12

TexasFirst1

I'm fairly content to stay in the Big XII and compete for a spot in the playoff every year. If we do decide to leave - I guess we'd go to the Pac-12 and create a super conference. I assume OU would come with us, and they'd have to bring OkSt with them.

B12 provides a good path to the playoffs. But if we're the cream of a conference that can't attract top recruits, we could struggle mightily to convert those playoff opportunities into championships.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

B12 provides a good path to the playoffs. But if we're the cream of a conference that can't attract top recruits, we could struggle mightily to convert those playoff opportunities into championships.

Agreed - it all comes down to whether or not we can still attract top recruiting classes. If we can't - well then we are screwed and so is the B12.

Agreed - it all comes down to whether or not we can still attract top recruiting classes. If we can't - well then we are screwed and so is the B12.

I see zero evidence that recruiting will not improve. Mack could not evaluate talent and recruited off star rankings, often ignoring positional needs. In the end he was a flashy, but mediocre recruiter.

I see zero evidence that recruiting will not improve. Mack could not evaluate talent and recruited off star rankings, often ignoring positional needs. In the end he was a flashy, but mediocre recruiter.

We don't have a whole lot of evidence to make a determination either way. Mack had some exceptional recruiting classes according to the rankings, how much of that was due to Mack and how much was because of the Univ of Texas?

We know Strong has a history of being a very good recruiter going back to his Florida days - but how much of that was an Urban Meyer byproduct? Can Strong recruit Texas like he did Florida? Will he be able to compete against Coach Cool and his gadget bag for recruits? Will he get the access from Texas high school coaches that Mack had?

These are all questions that we will see get answered over the next couple of years.

Thanks for the youngster reference, since I won't see 65 again. I don't entirely disagree with you, but I do think the conference affiliation landscape has changed significantly enough for UT to be looking at its' best option for being in a conference.

I don't think the Big XII is the answer. The conference was good to go when it still included Nebraska, Mizzou, agricultural, and Colorado. If ONLY Colorado had left, they could have been adequately replaced. Losing the other three fatally-wounded the Big XII, and TCU and WVU are NOT adequate replacements for them. It's true that IF UT and OU are good, and choose to remain in the Big XII, it will stay on life support, but I just don't see either school being willing to prop up the conference.

I wouldn't have a problem with UT moving to the SEC, but I just don't see it happening, except as a last gasp move. I really think both UT and OU would prefer a move west to the PAC, and are willing to bring OSU and Tech with them. I also think OU will move to the SEC if offered, and if they don't think UT is willing to move west. If that happens, UT HAS to consider the SEC. UT does NOT want BOTH OU and agricultural in the SEC and recruiting Texas, not to mention the damage LSU is doing now while UT is down.

Bottom line...things are changed from a few years ago, and permanently. There are some conference moves yet to be made, and I think the Big XII is gonna get picked apart like roadkill. UT is in serious danger of getting left behind, or at least having its' choices cut in half, if Patterson doesn't get proactive at looking at the conference landscape and UT's place in it.

A couple of final thoughts..."Winning cures everything" is NOT a long term answer to UT's conference affiliation questions. In the kingdom of the blind, the man with one eye rules. UT would be considered the king of a watered down Big XII if OU leaves. I don't think the ACC is the answer either. UT would be on the same kind of island they'd be on if they went to the B1G, being a member of a fly-over conference, where they'd have to fly over a good part of the SEC to get to their nearest ACC competition. Last...being an independent is NOT the answer for UT. Notre Dame may have an in to the playoffs, but with their ACC deal, the Irish are no longer a true independent. It's just not a route UT wants to go, for various reasons.

LOL! Cool, you continue to surprise me - I had no idea you were that ancient. You are in my realm now.

Yeah, you and I have discussed this before. I still maintain the best option for UT is to stay put and find $ome way to lure a couple of attractive teams to the Big 12. I say this because I believe nothing is impossible. Eight years ago would you have believed that Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and A&M would have bolted? Or San Diego State or U of H would be part of the Big East?

Beyond this, would a coalition of independents like ND, BYU, UT and OU form the core of a whole new conference that might include FSU, Miami, Clemson and UNC?

And I loved this - "In the kingdom of the blind, the man with one eye rules."

I disagree. Mack was many things, but a mediocre recruiter wasn't one of them. He was the best in the nation, IMO.

If he was the recruiting coordinator for UT, would you say the same about him?

I firmly believe, because Mack wasn't an X's and O's coach, that Mack allowed his assistants to guide him in his recruiting. And the two primary influence on him were Akina and Davis - and they mostly recruited towards their specialty. As a result there was no process and no continuity towards set offensive and defensive schemes. In other words, the inmates were running the asylum because the head master had no firm input.

The instant the big 12 gets shut out of the 4 team playoff by a second place SEC team, the Big12 will die. And it will happen, barring a major realignment.

I expect it will happen each year to at least one of the Big10, Pac12, and the Big12. Are each of the other conferences going to die as well? There are 5 'major' conferences fighting for 4 spots.

LOL! Cool, you continue to surprise me - I had no idea you were that ancient. You are in my realm now.

Yeah, you and I have discussed this before. I still maintain the best option for UT is to stay put and find $ome way to lure a couple of attractive teams to the Big 12. I say this because I believe nothing is impossible. Eight years ago would you have believed that Colorado, Nebraska, Missouri and A&M would have bolted? Or San Diego State or U of H would be part of the Big East?

Beyond this, would a coalition of independents like ND, BYU, UT and OU form the core of a whole new conference that might include FSU, Miami, Clemson and UNC?

And I loved this - "In the kingdom of the blind, the man with one eye rules."

I'm NOT so ancient that I don't enjoy the occasional Jimmy Buffett concert, and I'm no candidate for a trip to Branson anytime soon. That being said, I have been around long enough to recognize that it's not gonna be too long before UT has to cook or get out of the kitchen where realignment is concerned.

I think that there are still some folks around Bellmont Hall who suffer from the idea that UT is the "prettiest belle at the ball" and can go anywhere they want, at the twist of a finger. That's only partly true, and it will change the longer UT waits. UT is in real danger of being left behind in realignment if the athletic department is content to be a big fish in an increasingly smaller pond.

I agree with you Doc to the extent that IF there were a couple of suitable teams to bring into the Big XII, that would be the best answer. The problem, as I see it, is this. There is UCF, which at least has the potential to develop into an interesting addition. There is NO number twelve. Cincy? Only if the Big XII is willing to settle for sloppy seconds in Ohio. They do NOT have the potential of a Louisville, as some claim. BYU? No thanks to that bunch of divas. They're also located in the wrong part of the country for the Big XII, and they don't really bring a sizable tv market with them. (Sorry Salt Lake City.) Arkansas is NOT walking through the door. Neither is LSU, and the Big XII, which apparently sat on its' hands when it could have acted, can forget about FSU and Clemson. Like I said Doc, there's a not-ready-for-prime-time Central Florida, and nobody else.

That leaves two options. The SEC? I really don't have a problem if UT wanted to go that route. I stated earlier in this thread that if UT and OU went SEC, something by the way Mike Slive would move heaven and earth to have happen, UT would annually be playing rivalry games against Arkeysaw, agricultural, Okie, and LSU. I figure 'Bama and Auburn would be moved to the SEC East, but UT would play them on a regular basis too, as well as Ole Miss, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. The built in advantage agricultural gets from being in the SEC would be gone, UT would NOT have to cheat to get players, and if, as some claim, Texas is becoming increasingly an SEC-dominated state, then UT could and should take advantage of that. By the way, as a UT fan, I do NOT want UT having to compete against both an agricultural and an OU that are in the SEC while UT languishes in whatever's left of the Big XII. Talk about sloppy seconds...

The other answer is the PAC. I'm no insider to OU thinking, but I believe that IF OU and UT can make the jump west, that would be the preference of both schools right now. Take Tech and OSU with us, and put the four of us in a PAC East with the Arizona schools, Colorado, and Utah, and you've got the closest thing to a regional alignment UT is gonna find when the Big XII blows up.

My prediction for the Big XII? When all is said and done, I think it gets picked over like a turkey at thanksgiving. I think that there are still some nice options out there for UT, but I don't think that those options are gonna be there forever. I've ruled out the B1G and ACC for distance considerations, and I've never thought going independent is a viable option for UT, so as I see it, there are the three options I've mentioned, with staying and propping up the Big XII being the most risky option, and one I seriously hope UT doesn't choose. Sometimes, you have to move to a new and better neighborhood, even if you have to leave some old friends behind.

The instant the big 12 gets shut out of the 4 team playoff by a second place SEC team, the Big12 will die. And it will happen, barring a major realignment.

IF this were to happen, the first correction you'll see is the Big 12 adding 2 teams (UCF & Cincinnati?). As you may already know, the NCAA mandates 12 members to hold a Conference Championship Game. Said CCG will hopefully improve the Big 12's strength of schedule to overcome any SEC bias and preserve our slot in the 4-team playoff.

Right now, the Big 12 is reluctant to expand because available options won't grow our existing Tier 1 & 2 TV contracts with ESPN and FOX. Hell, CBS refused to renegotiate the SEC's Tier 1 contract after they added A&M and Mizzou. The Big 12's available options aren't "names" that will move the dial on a national scale.

Hypothetically, the Big 12 expands - splitting the TV pie into 12 pieces - with hopes of making up this lost revenue on the back end with a playoff spot. Ugh... Why add teams if you don't have to?

If an UNDEFEATED B12 team were shutout of the playoffs by the loser of the SEC finals, or a 1 loss B12 team lost their playoff spot to a 2 loss SEC team then yes, something would be seriously wrong, panic would ensue and something major would happen with the B12.

But if the season played out like this year where Baylor won the B12 at 11-1 with a squeaker win against TCU and were embarassed by OSU, I don't think anything would explode when FSU, Auburn, Alabama and Michigan State go to the playoffs.

It's also a fairly unique situation where you've got two undefeated teams in the SEC playoff on the verge of OT, a 2 loss team winning the PAC12 and a one loss B12 champ that doesn't look as good as their record. Something similar will happen eventually, but not often enough to light a powderkeg. More than likely if we're sitting on the sidelines, it'll be the winners of the other 4 major conferences playing.

I'm NOT so ancient that I don't enjoy the occasional Jimmy Buffett concert, and I'm no candidate for a trip to Branson anytime soon. That being said, I have been around long enough to recognize that it's not gonna be too long before UT has to cook or get out of the kitchen where realignment is concerned.

I think that there are still some folks around Bellmont Hall who suffer from the idea that UT is the "prettiest belle at the ball" and can go anywhere they want, at the twist of a finger. That's only partly true, and it will change the longer UT waits. UT is in real danger of being left behind in realignment if the athletic department is content to be a big fish in an increasingly smaller pond.

I agree with you Doc to the extent that IF there were a couple of suitable teams to bring into the Big XII, that would be the best answer. The problem, as I see it, is this. There is UCF, which at least has the potential to develop into an interesting addition. There is NO number twelve. Cincy? Only if the Big XII is willing to settle for sloppy seconds in Ohio. They do NOT have the potential of a Louisville, as some claim. BYU? No thanks to that bunch of divas. They're also located in the wrong part of the country for the Big XII, and they don't really bring a sizable tv market with them. (Sorry Salt Lake City.) Arkansas is NOT walking through the door. Neither is LSU, and the Big XII, which apparently sat on its' hands when it could have acted, can forget about FSU and Clemson. Like I said Doc, there's a not-ready-for-prime-time Central Florida, and nobody else.

That leaves two options. The SEC? I really don't have a problem if UT wanted to go that route. I stated earlier in this thread that if UT and OU went SEC, something by the way Mike Slive would move heaven and earth to have happen, UT would annually be playing rivalry games against Arkeysaw, agricultural, Okie, and LSU. I figure 'Bama and Auburn would be moved to the SEC East, but UT would play them on a regular basis too, as well as Ole Miss, Georgia, South Carolina, and Florida. The built in advantage agricultural gets from being in the SEC would be gone, UT would NOT have to cheat to get players, and if, as some claim, Texas is becoming increasingly an SEC-dominated state, then UT could and should take advantage of that. By the way, as a UT fan, I do NOT want UT having to compete against both an agricultural and an OU that are in the SEC while UT languishes in whatever's left of the Big XII. Talk about sloppy seconds...

The other answer is the PAC. I'm no insider to OU thinking, but I believe that IF OU and UT can make the jump west, that would be the preference of both schools right now. Take Tech and OSU with us, and put the four of us in a PAC East with the Arizona schools, Colorado, and Utah, and you've got the closest thing to a regional alignment UT is gonna find when the Big XII blows up.

My prediction for the Big XII? When all is said and done, I think it gets picked over like a turkey at thanksgiving. I think that there are still some nice options out there for UT, but I don't think that those options are gonna be there forever. I've ruled out the B1G and ACC for distance considerations, and I've never thought going independent is a viable option for UT, so as I see it, there are the three options I've mentioned, with staying and propping up the Big XII being the most risky option, and one I seriously hope UT doesn't choose. Sometimes, you have to move to a new and better neighborhood, even if you have to leave some old friends behind.

Good points and I can't say that I necessarily disagree, but I'm not sure the ACC isn't ripe for the pickings after the UMD lawsuit is settled. http://aberdeen.patch.com/groups/sports/p/report-umd-files-157-million-counterclaim-alleging-acc-recruited-big-ten-schools_62cf74a7

Let's say the courts rule that the ACC's $52M exit fee was punitive and this case is settled in UMD's favor for a much smaller amount. What's to stop the schools that were shopping themselves before from re-opening their "recruitment"? Why wouldn't the Big 12 be a much more attractive home for the other dissatisfied members; FSU, Clemson, GT, NCST, VT, & Miami? With these prime additions, the Big 12 will have the leverage to reopen their TV contract negotiations.

The dissatisfied members were poking around because the ACC commissioner, John Swofford, sold all of their TV rights to ESPN in a cut-rate deal. A proposed "ACC Network" hasn't come to fruition yet because ESPN has put all of their eggs in the SEC Network basket (and LHN to a much lesser degree). Swofford made promises he hasn't kept and there is a perception by the disgruntled members that the ACC is a "basketball league" with the power in NC.

Look at the ACC's most recent additions - Syracuse, Pitt, & Louisville. Basketball? Great! Football? Yuck - only UL has any BcS cred. Frankly, I think the Big 12 screwed the pooch when we didn't invite them as our 11th member. (Hell, maybe they'd be a better addition than TCU)

My point is don't count the Big 12 out on expansion yet. UT is still the prettiest girl at the ball, we just need to be smart about our next move. There's a lot of moving pieces; "Division 4" CFB breakaway from the NCAA, ala carte programming, technology advances, etc.

Keep the faith and Hook 'Em! \m/

Edited by J.B. TexasEx

Good points and I can't say that I necessarily disagree, but I'm not sure the ACC isn't ripe for the pickings after the UMD lawsuit is settled. http://aberdeen.patch.com/groups/sports/p/report-umd-files-157-million-counterclaim-alleging-acc-recruited-big-ten-schools_62cf74a7

Let's say the courts rule that the ACC's $52M exit fee was punitive and this case is settled in UMD's favor for a much smaller amount. What's to stop the schools that were shopping themselves before from re-opening their "recruitment"? Why wouldn't the Big 12 be a much more attractive home for the other dissatisfied members; FSU, Clemson, GT, NCST, VT, & Miami? With these prime additions, the Big 12 will have the leverage to reopen their TV contract negotiations.

The dissatisfied members were poking around because the ACC commissioner, John Swofford, sold all of their TV rights to ESPN in a cut-rate deal. A proposed "ACC Network" hasn't come to fruition yet because ESPN has put all of their eggs in the SEC Network basket (and LHN to a much lesser degree). Swofford made promises he hasn't kept and there is a perception by the disgruntled members that the ACC is a "basketball league" with the power in NC.

Look at the ACC's most recent additions - Syracuse, Pitt, & Louisville. Basketball? Great! Football? Yuck - only UL has any BcS cred. Frankly, I think the Big 12 screwed the pooch when we didn't invite them as our 11th member. (Hell, maybe they'd be a better addition than TCU)

My point is don't count the Big 12 out on expansion yet. UT is still the prettiest girl at the ball, we just need to be smart about our next move. There's a lot of moving pieces; "Division 4" CFB breakaway from the NCAA, ala carte programming, technology advances, etc.

Keep the faith and Hook 'Em! \m/

Admittedly, the ACC is not one big happy family. There is and always will be the divide between the football-first schools and the basketball bluebloods in North Carolina. It's true that the ridiculous amount that conference placed on leaving isn't likely to pass the smell test in court. There are still teams in the ACC that whet the appetite of the B1G and SEC, if the SEC can't get UT and OU.

The only ways I can see the Big XII surviving and doing a reasonable expansion involving the ACC are realignment, or formation of a whole new conference. First, a new conference...there was talk for a while of some kind of scheduling alliance between the two conferences. That's a step, but not enough of one. If you could combine the top eight teams from each conference into a sixteen team two division league, that would work, despite the conference being a "fly over" conference. (West teams having to fly over SEC territory to play east teams, and vice versa). That is the least likely to happen, for one big reason. What is done with the teams that don't make the cut from both conferences? Almost certainly, there would be numerous lawsuits tieing up the foundation of a new conference.

If it develops that the Big XII has a chance to expand with ACC teams (Something I seriously doubt will happen.), then the XII must be willing to add six teams to get to a sixteen team league. No two schools from the ACC want to be put on an island by being in the Big XII. The XII would have to be willing to add Clemson, Miami, FSU, Georgia Tech, maybe Louisville, and one other team, maybe Pitt. That's an awful big bite to swallow for a conference that so far has sat on its' hands since adding TCU and WVU.

These are the reasons I didn't include any scenario involving the ACC in my previous posts. Anything is possible, but I just don't see things breaking this way.

I expect it will happen each year to at least one of the Big10, Pac12, and the Big12. Are each of the other conferences going to die as well? There are 5 'major' conferences fighting for 4 spots.

It has to happen to at least one conference every year since there are 5 conferences, but four seeds. The insult comes if the SEC gets 2 and there are 2 other conferences frozen out. What I hope eventually happens is that when the big money schools split off into their own division that the schools land in 4 different conferences. I'm guessing that the SEC survives, adding a couple of schools, then the PAC12, Big10, Big 12, and ACC collapse into 3 conferences. Each conference has a CCG and those champions go on to the 4 team playoff. That seems the most interesting to me.

It has to happen to at least one conference every year since there are 5 conferences, but four seeds. The insult comes if the SEC gets 2 and there are 2 other conferences frozen out. What I hope eventually happens is that when the big money schools split off into their own division that the schools land in 4 different conferences. I'm guessing that the SEC survives, adding a couple of schools, then the PAC12, Big10, Big 12, and ACC collapse into 3 conferences. Each conference has a CCG and those champions go on to the 4 team playoff. That seems the most interesting to me.

Four regional conferences aligned by geography? ;)

That would be a beautiful and sensible thing. Unfortunately, how do we do this while keeping everybody happy? Can we avoid an antitrust lawsuit from the MWC and AAC? No easy answers.

Well, it all comes down to money.

If you endorse Big 12 expansion, like I do, what teams out there would most likely benefit from the national exposure an OU or a UT would bring to them? Of course a Cincy or Louisville would, but what do THEY bring to the conference money pie? More to the point, what interest would the networks have in them?

When talking expansion, this is the type of thinking you must consider. Who would be the most attracted TO us and who would be the most attractive FOR us? I mean money wise?

Here are my candidates:

Miami

Clemson

UCF

BYU

If you endorse Big 12 expansion, like I do, what teams out there would most likely benefit from the national exposure an OU or a UT would bring to them? Of course a Cincy or Louisville would, but what do THEY bring to the conference money pie? More to the point, what interest would the networks have in them?

When talking expansion, this is the type of thinking you must consider. Who would be the most attracted TO us and who would be the most attractive FOR us? I mean money wise?

Here are my candidates:

Miami

Clemson

UCF

BYU

Agree, and I go after FSU at the same time I go after Miami. UCF in the mix would make it more appealing to all three. I only go after BYU if I absolutely have to. Geographically, they're a nightmare.

Here are my candidates:

Miami

Clemson

UCF

BYU

Yeah Doc...we've talked about this a long time. We're usually on the same page about most things UT, but I just don't see us getting two or three from the southeast quadrant. We either find a way to add six from over there so they can have their own division, or find some way to merge the best of the Big XII and ACC football schools into one sixteen team league. I wouldn't be against either of those things but I just don't see it happening. Absent that happening, I think the Big XII's in a lot of trouble, and sooner rather than later. There's just nobody else worthwhile to add to get to twelve teams. If you do BYU and UCF, you wind up with noplace easy to put either without them being on the same kind of island WVU is on. Like I said, as much as I'd like there to be one, I just don't see any easy answers.

Yeah Doc...we've talked about this a long time. We're usually on the same page about most things UT, but I just don't see us getting two or three from the southeast quadrant. We either find a way to add six from over there so they can have their own division, or find some way to merge the best of the Big XII and ACC football schools into one sixteen team league. I wouldn't be against either of those things but I just don't see it happening. Absent that happening, I think the Big XII's in a lot of trouble, and sooner rather than later. There's just nobody else worthwhile to add to get to twelve teams. If you do BYU and UCF, you wind up with noplace easy to put either without them being on the same kind of island WVU is on. Like I said, as much as I'd like there to be one, I just don't see any easy answers.

You are right about BYU - geographically they don't make sense - particularly for the east coast teams. But dirty lucre drives these decisions and they would bring it.

FSU makes the biggest sense, but why would they bolt from the ACC? Essentially they are in the same football cat birds seat, in the ACC, that we are in the Big 12. They dominate the conference, in football, so why would they leave?

Edited by doc longhorn

No ond has mentioned joining the big 10. Alot of big traditionally good schools.

Yes Big Ten does have traditional powers but it's also a dying conference. Dying in a sense that the traditonal powers are no longer dominant in college football. The economy in the Rust Belt doesn't help either.

Edited by SFlonghorngirl

Passing on FSU + 1 last year was the death knell of the Big 12. Staggering in its myopic stupidity by Bowlsby and Dodds. Missed the chance to set the Big-12 as a major, enduring conference. It is no accident that recruiting in the Big 12 has collapsed. Now there is no going back for almost a decade. Having said that, can you imagine anything worse than sitting where aggy is in the SEC? A massive surge of talent into their conference with JFF/Evans departing and their whole sorry defense coming back. They have a less than zero chance of EVER winning a conference title or MNC in the SEC.

At least UT has a very plausible chance to make the final 4 in 2014 and OU exposed the reality that 5 Stars are not everything by beating Alabama after OU got blown out by Mack/Case. It is just beyond tragic that Bowlsby Dodds blew it for the Big 12.

The SEC had and has three good teams and aggy wasn't one of them. It's Alabama, Auburn and LSU and all the wannnabe's behind them. The Big 12 had and has two good teams - OU and UT, and all the wannabe's behind them. Let's don't get carried away with Baylor and OSU. Blind hogs find an acorn every now and then and it's good the alsorans win now and then. It causes rededication out of the two real powers and sometime even a necessary purging.

All things being equal, our two powerhouses will beat any of the three SEC powerhouses and the historical records show this to be true.

You youngsters on here need to calm down about aggy, OSU and Baylor - they will return to their place in the grand scheme of things, as will OU and UT. Bet on it.

Wait. Alabama, Auburn and LSU are the good teams in the SEC now but Florida most recently and Tennessee and Georgia before them have been good as well. Just because Florida stinks now doesn't make them a wannabe. Multiple championships in the last few years proves that. What makes the SEC good is that there are always 3-4 teams in the mix. The Big 12 is perceived as weak because it's always been Texas and OU and everybody else. The former Big 2 Little 6 Conference joined the holdovers from the SWC and became the Big 2 Little 10 Conference. You better hope OSU and BU don't return to their place but rather maintain their progress and competitiveness. If you want the Big 12 to regain prestige and/or have any chance of survival, it needs 3-4 strong, competitive teams in the mix every year...just like the SEC blueprint.

Wait. Alabama, Auburn and LSU are the good teams in the SEC now but Florida most recently and Tennessee and Georgia before them have been good as well. Just because Florida stinks now doesn't make them a wannabe. Multiple championships in the last few years proves that. What makes the SEC good is that there are always 3-4 teams in the mix. The Big 12 is perceived as weak because it's always been Texas and OU and everybody else. The former Big 2 Little 6 Conference joined the holdovers from the SWC and became the Big 2 Little 10 Conference. You better hope OSU and BU don't return to their place but rather maintain their progress and competitiveness. If you want the Big 12 to regain prestige and/or have any chance of survival, it needs 3-4 strong, competitive teams in the mix every year...just like the SEC blueprint.

K-State has had good moments, too. Just not enough of 'em. I like them, Baylor, and OSU to remain competitive short-term. Hopefully, they can sustain it.