Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

max wittek

PropositionJoe

let's be honest, any addition fantastic news at that position. We need depth and competition. Ash has never been healthy for an entire season and has major questions coming into spring. Swoopes is extremely raw. Needs a lot of work. Heard is a true freshman. Strong, Wickline and Watson need more players to work with.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

let's be honest, any addition fantastic news at that position. We need depth and competition. Ash has never been healthy for an entire season and has major questions coming into spring. Swoopes is extremely raw. Needs a lot of work. Heard is a true freshman. Strong, Wickline and Watson need more players to work with.

Wittek is a big strong pocket passer - lets hope Watson has a chance to work with him.

I think burning the redshirt was necessary. there was no one behind McCoy. be pissed off that he did not play significant minutes. that Mack Brown crap sent Gilbert into the NC game with no significant snaps.

With a clear cut #1 QB, no program gives the back up significant reps.

With a clear cut #1 QB, no program gives the back up significant reps.

we beat the crap out of people that year. no reason to keep the starter in until the last couple of minutes or to make the backup do nothing but hand the ball off so as not to hurt someone's feelings.

In two season he has completed 50 of 95 passes for 600 yards. He has 3 touchdown passes and 6 interceptions. If we are looking for the next Case McCoy, I think we have our guy.

Yeah, no.

He might suck - but he will suck in entirely different ways. Unlike McCoy, Wittek is capable of throwing the ball past the line-of-scrimmage with a little velocity.

Considering Ash may never play another snap - and if he does he could be one head bump away from retirement - I like the idea of someone with a little experience on the depth chart. Wittek was a 4 star who had a lot of promise coming out of college. Who knows - maybe the change of scenery and some new coaches might get it out of him.

Wittek sez:

The thing that's most appealing (about the Texas coaching staff) is what they did at Louisville, looking at the way they managed that offense and the relationship Teddy (Bridgewater) had with Coach Watson and Coach Strong. Those are things I look heavily into because I want to have a great relationship with the coaching staff. Being a grad student my class obligations will be less than they have been so I'm really looking to spend more time up in the offices and I really want to have that good relationship with the coaching staff.

$ http://louisville.247sports.com/Article/Strong-vs-Petrino-for-Wittek-176245