Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Once again, your opinion is bogus if you can't back it up with facts. You have used blanket statements from other sources to make up your mind on an individual you have never met, nor apparently have read any part of his site(which gives you no foundation for your statement about pissing away money). If meat judging competition is an insult so be it, but your neglecting the fact that A&M has finished in the top 10 of the Director's Cup standings for 3 years running so there is obviously some success within our athletic program, no matter how much you try to devalue it. I went ahead and double checked and Hamm never even commented on the thread involving the Harvey situation until after it had went down (provide the tweets that prove communication).

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best guess is Brice Jones, or one of the lower level Texags guys. They were claiming he would commit before the end of the visit, I'm sure he shared that info privately and Brice or Jacob Kristen ran

Of course you don't. You would rather slander somebody's name based off of hearsay and others' opinions. For one, I subscribe to his website and have talked to him numerous times at Aggie sporting events and I can tell you he is good peeps, he is young and prideful and I guess that rubs some the wrong way.

This is where it got bizarre. To this point, it seemed as though we had a few people just expressing different opinions. Then, we discover that one feels that if you don't agree with his opinion, you have slandered someone. LOL

Hamm's reputation was established long before this. While I understand you've met the guy and like him, not everyone is like you nor will they like the same people you like sometimes. It happens, we somehow get past it.

What you call "young and prideful" could equate commode-hugging stupid in another man's mind.

I used the word slander because he has used multiple examples of his perceived douchiness of Hamm that are just flat out false. I have no problems with people having opinions, but opinions that are completely based on lies and/or misconceptions of somebody do not have a place in proper discussion of anything, they only stand as an unfounded character assassination.As for the acceptance letters, story is true but for the Kingsville campus, albeit still apart of the system.

I used the word slander because he has used multiple examples of his perceived douchiness of Hamm that are just flat out false. I have no problems with people having opinions, but opinions that are completely based on lies and/or misconceptions of somebody do not have a place in proper discussion of anything, they only stand as an unfounded character assassination.As for the acceptance letters, story is true but for the Kingsville campus, albeit still apart of the system.

Your problem there is that you haven't proven or disproven anything. You've done nothing more than what he's done - give an opinion. It appears he didn't agree with yours and you didn't like it and without any substance whatsoever to back yourself up - you call slander.

Read your own posts again. Nothing you've said proves what he said is false. It's all coming from what you are believing is an opinion based on all facts. I don't think you have all the facts and I hope you don't either. Everyone is free to have their own opinion and do so without a baseless charge of slander.

Edited by Sirhornsalot

Agmaniacmike - I like the fact an aggie has the balls to post on an UT site. Defending A&M, and it's minions, is what an aggie does - after all you are a fan of said school and that is expected.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, so I will suspend my opinion on the subject.

My question is - why are you here? What were your expectations from a UT site - sympathetic ears? Really?

Don't get me wrong, this is a serious question and not an attempt to run you off. Far from it as I enjoy reparte' with aggies and you appear to be one that hasn't earned the title of "aggy" - as yet.

Since it appears you were trying to be objective about Sumlin, I will give you my opinion of the aggies, as best I can.

I have followed Sumlin since his days at U of H. He appears to be an excellent coach and I think A&M hit the jackpot when they hired him. In spite of having Manziel, I think the aggies better days are still ahead of them.

His recruiting classes will certainly start paying dividends, and I mean as soon as next year. And 2015 is shaping up to be awesome - even SEC champion awesome. He has recruited just too much quality talent for it not to be possible. Longhorn fans saying this won't occur are just entertaining wishful thinking, IMO.

These are my opinions of Sumlin and the aggie talent.

However, culture is important for the survival of any athletic program - the last few years of the UT football program is a prime example. Therefore, IMO, this will be the downfall of football at A&M - they simply cannot get out of their own way and that has been their history from day one. It is the culture of Texas A&M and always will be. Just as Texas had Dodds arrogance, A&M had the bowtied nerd and both individuals exemplified the culture of each school. A&M will always be the sword wielding goober cultist and the school that fired the winningest coach they have ever had.

My point being, it is unwise to wax TOO smugly on this site, even though the near future looks bright, because you will never be able to escape your own culture and you will eventually wind up crapping in your own Post Toasties - it is just in your genes. :)

Edited by doc longhorn
Agmaniacmike - I like the fact an aggie has the balls to post on an UT site. Defending A&M, and it's minions, is what an aggie does - after all you are a fan of said school and that is expected.

I really don't have a dog in this fight, so I will suspend my opinion on the subject.

My question is - why are you here? What were your expectations from a UT site - sympathetic ears? Really?

Don't get me wrong, this is a serious question and not an attempt to run you off. Far from it as I enjoy reparte' with aggies and you appear to be one that hasn't earned the title of "aggy" - as yet.

Since it appears you were trying to be objective about Sumlin, I will give you my opinion of the aggies, as best I can.

I have followed Sumlin since his days at U of H. He appears to be an excellent coach and I think A&M hit the jackpot when they hired him. In spite of having Manziel, I think the aggies better days are still ahead of them.

His recruiting classes will certainly start paying dividends, and I mean as soon as next year. And 2015 is shaping up to be awesome - even SEC champion awesome. He has recruited just too much quality talent for it not to be possible. Longhorn fans saying this won't occur are just entertaining wishful thinking, IMO.

However, culture is important for the survival of any athletic program - the last few years of the UT football program is a prime example. Therefore, IMO, this will be the downfall of football at A&M - they simply cannot get out of their own way and that has been their history from day one. It is the culture of Texas A&M and always will be. Just as Texas had Dodds arrogance, A&M had the bowtied nerd and both individuals exemplified the culture of each school. A&M will always be the sword wielding goober cultist and the school that fired the winningest coach they have ever had.

My point being, it is unwise to wax TOO smugly on this site, even though the near future looks bright, because you will never be able to escape your own culture and you will eventually wind up crapping in your own Post Toasties - it is just in your genes. :)

That is greatness.

I don't know. For one, I was hoping to get some recruiting info and follow the coaching search at the time when I joined. My boss told me about the site and I figured it would be a good thing to look at so we could discuss more about Texas and have more reasonable, factual discussion. While we don't play each other anymore, there is still a huge rivalry in terms of the recruiting battles and for the most part throughout the years, whatever one school does recruiting-wise affects the others.

As for Sumlin, the jury is still out on his abilities but I think most can admit there is a positive trajectory, at least in talent on the field, now it is the time to see if we can build depth and maintain the program without Manziel, who really came at the time we needed him most. As for the culture thing, Mack is still the same Mack he was since he took over in 1998, that culture has been prevalent throughout, the difference IMO was the lack of a viable QB and poor hires (defensive woes), not the "country club" atmosphere that has been portrayed by most Longhorn faithful.

Onto the main question, I just want to have a constructive conversation (i.e. facts presented/ lack of name-calling/ realistic thoughts). Basically, what I would expect from someone talking to me face to face. I sure as hell haven't been aggressive towards anyone, but I also don't kowtow to stupidity and ignorance, regardless of what website I post on. If your thoughts aren't relevant to the discussion and only seek to spew negativity without regard for evidence or civility then you deserved to be called out and made to look like a fool. I hate the groupthink philosophy that goes down on these fan websites. For instance, last night somebody on 247 stated he felt like the Ags were fooling themselves if they think Texas will be down for long (I agree), but he was abused by the community for 3 pages for speaking what most think to be true but won't admit it to themselves. Same philosophy on this site, somebody made a Bonfire joke a couple of weeks ago and not one poster stepped in line and said they were out of line except myself. That would not be tolerable in a face to face conversation and I know for a fact that I would have castigated a fellow Aggie if they ever mentioned Charles Whitman as a joke in real life or on an Aggie website. We are all smart enough to know where the line is drawn, just have the dignity not to cross it.There are far too many hypocrites on these websites that claim they want their programs to do things the right way and then start baseless rumors, make baseless statements, and continue to do and say things that are far from righteous and think it is OK because they are just having fun behind their keyboards with anonymity. I have gotten used to the shtick of quite a few posters, but others really do bother me because their whole existence is taken up by being that person that never has anything positive to say (). Kick back, relax, have a nice cold one and step away from the keyboard, your life will be much better for it. Then again, after reading that, maybe I should follow my advice from time to time.

Edited by Agmaniacmike
Wall of Text
I don't know. For one, I was hoping to get some recruiting info and follow the coaching search at the time when I joined. My boss told me about the site and I figured it would be a good thing to look at so we could discuss more about Texas and have more reasonable, factual discussion. While we don't play each other anymore, there is still a huge rivalry in terms of the recruiting battles and for the most part throughout the years, whatever one school does recruiting-wise affects the others.

As for Sumlin, the jury is still out on his abilities but I think most can admit there is a positive trajectory, at least in talent on the field, now it is the time to see if we can build depth and maintain the program without Manziel, who really came at the time we needed him most. As for the culture thing, Mack is still the same Mack he was since he took over in 1998, that culture has been prevalent throughout, the difference IMO was the lack of a viable QB and poor hires (defensive woes), not the "country club" atmosphere that has been portrayed by most Longhorn faithful.

Onto the main question, I just want to have a constructive conversation (i.e. facts presented/ lack of name-calling/ realistic thoughts). Basically, what I would expect from someone talking to me face to face. I sure as hell haven't been aggressive towards anyone, but I also don't kowtow to stupidity and ignorance, regardless of what website I post on. If your thoughts aren't relevant to the discussion and only seek to spew negativity without regard for evidence or civility then you deserved to be called out and made to look like a fool. I hate the groupthink philosophy that goes down on these fan websites. For instance, last night somebody on 247 stated he felt like the Ags were fooling themselves if they think Texas will be down for long (I agree), but he was abused by the community for 3 pages for speaking what most think to be true but won't admit it to themselves. Same philosophy on this site, somebody made a Bonfire joke a couple of weeks ago and not one poster stepped in line and said they were out of line except myself. That would not be tolerable in a face to face conversation and I know for a fact that I would have castigated a fellow Aggie if they ever mentioned Charles Whitman as a joke in real life or on an Aggie website. We are all smart enough to know where the line is drawn, just have the dignity not to cross it.There are far too many hypocrites on these websites that claim they want their programs to do things the right way and then start baseless rumors, make baseless statements, and continue to do and say things that are far from righteous and think it is OK because they are just having fun behind their keyboards with anonymity. I have gotten used to the shtick of quite a few posters, but others really do bother me because their whole existence is taken up by being that person that never has anything positive to say (). Kick back, relax, have a nice cold one and step away from the keyboard, your life will be much better for it. Then again, after reading that, maybe I should follow my advice from time to time.

I don't know anything about the bonfire reference and that incident, along with you bringing up Charles Whitman, is simply stepping over the line. Let's just put that to bed, shall we?

Okay, I get your reasons for visiting this site, and they are OK for me. Yeah, every fan base has those that talk smack like a college soph - that goes with the territory. As long as you don't let your spine get all stiff and you exhibit a modicum of humor, you will be just fine, however.

I AM going to tweak you (as you probably noted in my above comment) because, for no other reason than you making the bad decision of attending that rural little school. This automatically makes you suspect in your judgement properties, right off. :)

I realize that I am a nobody here, but since I know Agmike I want to give my two cents worth. He is very passionate about his university. He truly loves sports and keeps abreast of what is going on. I am thrilled to have found this site because all the info generated here has made me more knowledgable. He and I will have conversations and I can now bring real facts to the discussion and not just my opinion. I have appreciated what he and prop joe have brought to the board. I believe the realize there will be some ribbing but I think it should not grow into name calling or outright hatred. I am a LONGHORN FAN, I just enjoy discussions with other fanbases about where we are and where we are going.

Just as Texas had However, culture is important for the survival of any athletic program - the last few years of the UT football program is a prime example. Therefore, IMO, this will be the downfall of football at A&M - they simply cannot get out of their own way and that has been their history from day one. It is the culture of Texas A&M and always will be. Dodds arrogance, A&M had the bowtied nerd and both individuals exemplified the culture of each school. A&M will always be the sword wielding goober cultist and the school that fired the winningest coach they have ever had.

Doc you sound and talk just like my Dad 60 years ago when he took me to my first UT & atm game....he said the exact words to me, but not the Dodd & Bowtied nerd. What a deal.

Doc you sound and talk just like my Dad 60 years ago when he took me to my first UT & atm game....he said the exact words to me, but not the Dodd & Bowtied nerd. What a deal.

LOL - it's very possible I knew your dad. And, as far as what your Dad told you, it just confirms nothing ever changes with the aggies. :)

Edited by doc longhorn

Best guess is Brice Jones, or one of the lower level Texags guys. They were claiming he would commit before the end of the visit, I'm sure he shared that info privately and Brice or Jacob Kristen ran with it. I will continue to say it, this bathroom incident did not happen and my best understanding or read of the situation is that the folks at Texags need somebody to pin the blame on.

Best guess is Brice Jones, or one of the lower level Texags guys. They were claiming he would commit before the end of the visit, I'm sure he shared that info privately and Brice or Jacob Kristen ran with it. I will continue to say it, this bathroom incident did not happen and my best understanding or read of the situation is that the folks at Texags need somebody to pin the blame on.

A lot of people think Hamm lost his media credentials. I think your like for Hamm is distorting your viewpoint.

Maybe so, last time I talked to him was early December and he told me the baby was making it tougher for him to make it up to College Station, so he was trying to get James Sullivan, the main writer of the site, to get credentialed. Honestly though, based off of my conversations with Taylor and the ridiculousness of the whole story, I think my take is much more likely.

Maybe so, last time I talked to him was early December and he told me the baby was making it tougher for him to make it up to College Station, so he was trying to get James Sullivan, the main writer of the site, to get credentialed. Honestly though, based off of my conversations with Taylor and the ridiculousness of the whole story, I think my take is much more likely.

I have no horse in this race. I dislike Hamm and Luicci, but I believe everything that's being said about Hamm.

1-I don't buy his excuse for not being part of the media one bit. Seems like a good excuse to use his "baby" and "not having enough time" for losing his media credentials. I'm betting someone told Hamm he lost his media credentials for 247, and it had to go to someone else. Not buying his excuse for one second. As crazed a lunatic as Hamm is, he would be at every media happening if he had a chance.

2-I don't think Parker was talking about Texags. If Parker was talking about Texags, Texags would not be so open with criticizing Hamm. If it was about Texags, they would have gotten quiet really quick with the chance of Parker releasing who he was actually talking about. Texags has become even more vocal since Parker released his statement, telling me they aren't even in the slightest worried it's about them. Even the Texags owner came out and said the stories about Hamm were true (this from somebody that never says a word). Texags is far too vocal for this not to be true about Hamm. They wouldn't be going all in on this, if there wasn't something behind these stories.

3-I've seen Hamm and his actions. The dude is a stalker, there's no way around it. He has the little man syndrome and will do whatever it takes to be on top.

I have zero doubt that these Hamm stories are true, this coming from somebody that probably dislikes Luicci more then Hamm. The evidence clearly points to Hamm being in the wrong.

This comment makes sense and makes me like you - a smidge. :)