Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Prayers please

Sirhornsalot

My family is mourning the death of my uncle Kenneth Kimbrell. Besides being a great uncle, he was a well known football coach for many years in the Dallas area and was an all american offensive guard during his playing days.

Kenneth Wayne Kimbrell was head coach at Woodrow Wilson High School in Dallas for many years, taking the Wildcats to the state semi finals in the late '60s led by all-state RB John Paul McCrumbly (Aggy, Buffalo Bills). Coach Kimbrell sent a few players to the University of Texas, including All American OL Joe Sherin.

Kimbrell was an all state offensive guard at Mt Vernon High School (Texas) and went on to start for the East Texas State University Lions, becoming all american and playing in the Peach Bowl in Georgia. He left school with a degree and joined the military before later being honorably discharged and going into coaching.

He was preceded in death by his son, Kevin "Kip" Kimbrell, who was like a brother to me.

His services will be held tomorrow in Dallas. We appreciate any prayers lifted up on his behalf.

Prayers sent. Sounds like we lost a fine man.

He sure was. I spoke with Joe Shearin about 4-5 years ago. He made a fine attorney. Shearin spoke of my uncle in reverent terms, it was easy to see there was a special place in his heart for my uncle. Thanks everyone for all the kind words. That means a lot.