Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Chris Nelson...

LonghornDog

Obviously you have never met me so you really know nothing about me. My love for all things UT is very well documented so I will let that speak for itself.

When have I ever stated you don't have "love" for UT? Just gets annoying hearing you bash everything UT related. I'm a realist and I have no problem with criticism, but when you try and find a problem with everything it gets annoying. There's no reason to say "let that statement sink it for a minute and that's all you need to know about our recruiting right now". Really, the kid was recruited by Nebraska/ND/Missouri and you act like it's a bad thing that it's coming down to UT and UCF? You are doing the same thing the you did with Lorenzo Joe, so much negativity when there doesn't need to be. I have no problem with your opinion. If you don't think Nelson is a good player then reference game film or something, but don't come out with this nonsense "that's all you need to know about our recruiting right now". There's a big difference between making constructive criticisms and making baseless/emotional/knee jerk assumptions.

I challenge you to go look at the final recruiting rankings on Wednesday from Rivals, ESPN etc and I expect we will be the highest ranked Big 12 school around 12-17. The SEC will have around 7-10 in top 15. Yep everything is just fine.. The Big 12 is a joke right now. Fact

There's a lot I don't agree with you on, but this is one thing that I do. UT is stuck in a dead end conference (Okay...cue the Big XII cheerleaders...) and eventually, Patterson's gonna have to find time to get UT (and probably three others) moved to the PAC. That's assuming zero-u doesn't make a unilateral jump to the SEC before then. There is a very real possibility of that, by-the-way.

I'm not sure if you guys listen to the Orange Report, which MBHORNSFAN hosts, but if you did, you would know he is very optimistic about Coach Strong and the University of Texas in general. I think his negative posts about recruiting aren't so much a comment on Coach Strong and Co. at recruiting but more of a "look how far we've fallen" type of comment. If I was to guess, and this is purely speculation, he's blaming this dip in recruiting on the soft, entitled and mediocre product we've put on the field the past couple of years. From the shows I've listened to MBHORNSFAN has faith in Strong.

Exactly

Fantasy land, what are you even talking about? We've admitted that it's a down year in recruiting, as expected with a coaching change. You act like it's a horrible thing that we are in a race with UCF, after they just won a BCS game and are near Nelson's hometown. You do understand that other programs like ND and Missouri also made a run at Nelson?

FYI we have no problem with you disagreeing with us, it's the way your word things and your constant negativity. Strong could pull a number one class, and you would still find something to criticize. The fact that you are being so negative about being in a race with UCF even though Nelson was recruited by ND and Missouri, proves this point. After seeing your complete meltdown over Lorenzo Joe I really don't need to say anything else.

You sure do like to keep saying that. For the 1000th time all I said he was taken visits and a decommit was possible. I am pretty sure others on OB etc said the same thing. I also said that about Porter and that is what happened. I am thrilled that Joe is going to stick with us but at the time is was 50-50..That is a fact

So you "love" UT but you can't give Strong the benefit of any doubt his fourth week on the job? I guess I appreciate your Tiger Momness, but what's changed since since January 6th when you were stating that Strong would get us tough and over the entitledness? If you know that we've been soft and that recruiting has suffered the past two years under Mack, I'm just baffled by why you thought recruiting was going to be great this month.

If you have read any of my post I have not once mentioned Strong. I am talking about the overall state of recruiting where it is today for us, the Big 12 in general as compared to the SEC. The numbers don't lie.

If you have read any of my post I have not once mentioned Strong. I am talking about the overall state of recruiting where it is today for us, the Big 12 in general as compared to the SEC. The numbers don't lie.

No offense meant, but you aren't stating anything that isn't readily apparent to anyone who follows College Football. The only perplexing thing about this topic is that anyone would actually be surprised that the BIG 12 isn't doing as well as the SEC in recruiting. I mean should we line up the schools on popularity and see where they rank up? As soon as you get past team number one, it wouldn't be pretty for the BIG 12. Dare I say, I think the reason that your posts are annoying so many is because your stubborn desire to appear a realist sometimes leaves you looking completely removed from the real reality of Texas' current recruiting situation. To say Texas is doing anything but moderately good this year in recruiting would be an absolute joke. As has been stated by myself and many others already, no other school in the NCAA would have been able to put together a Top 15 Recruiting Class this year whilst enduring everything that Texas has dealt with this season. We could go further than this season and take a look at the past three seasons and it becomes even more evident that Texas is recruiting at a surprisingly good level.

Many are starting to claim you aren't a Longhorn fan, I don't believe that for a second. I know your heart lies with the Burnt Orange and I think any claim that it doesn't is both unfounded and ridiculous. I also understand you host your own podcast and the whole "self deprecating, edgy realist" radio host thing is in right now. I would just ask that you don't confuse edginess and realism with being misinformed and detached. That's not a shot at you or your character, it's just a small bit of constructive criticism. I do feel like you've been a tad stubborn in your comments about the current recruiting situation. Which is fine, you're entitled to your own opinion. But you've seemed confused about why you're on the receiving end of these barbs all of a sudden, so I'm clearing the fog for you. I'm hoping this post will serve as an end to all of the bickering that has been taking place between you and some of the posters on this board. You don't deserve it and neither do they. We're a community with a common interest and I think we should allow that common interest to help us grow as a community, rather than tear us up from the inside out. I respect you immensely, just as I respect pretty much everybody else on this board. And I hope nothing but the best for you and The Orange Report.

Hopefully nobody finds this post intrusive and/or out of line. I'm just trying to help put an end to something I feel has been plaguing the board for a few weeks.

No offense meant, but you aren't stating anything that isn't readily apparent to anyone who follows College Football. The only perplexing thing about this topic is that anyone would actually be surprised that the BIG 12 isn't doing as well as the SEC in recruiting. I mean should we line up the schools on popularity and see where they rank up? As soon as you get past team number one, it wouldn't be pretty for the BIG 12. Dare I say, I think the reason that your posts are annoying so many is because your stubborn desire to appear a realist sometimes leaves you looking completely removed from the real reality of Texas' current recruiting situation. To say Texas is doing anything but moderately good this year in recruiting would be an absolute joke. As has been stated by myself and many others already, no other school in the NCAA would have been able to put together a Top 15 Recruiting Class this year whilst enduring everything that Texas has dealt with this season. We could go further than this season and take a look at the past three seasons and it becomes even more evident that Texas is recruiting at a surprisingly good level.

Many are starting to claim you aren't a Longhorn fan, I don't believe that for a second. I know your heart lies with the Burnt Orange and I think any claim that it doesn't is both unfounded and ridiculous. I also understand you host your own podcast and the whole "self deprecating, edgy realist" radio host thing is in right now. I would just ask that you don't confuse edginess and realism with being misinformed and detached. That's not a shot at you or your character, it's just a small bit of constructive criticism. I do feel like you've been a tad stubborn in your comments about the current recruiting situation. Which is fine, you're entitled to your own opinion. But you've seemed confused about why you're on the receiving end of these barbs all of a sudden, so I'm clearing the fog for you. I'm hoping this post will serve as an end to all of the bickering that has been taking place between you and some of the posters on this board. You don't deserve it and neither do they. We're a community with a common interest and I think we should allow that common interest to help us grow as a community, rather than tear us up from the inside out. I respect you immensely, just as I respect pretty much everybody else on this board. And I hope nothing but the best for you and The Orange Report.

Hopefully nobody finds this post intrusive and/or out of line. I'm just trying to help put an end to something I feel has been plaguing the board for a few weeks.

Valid points. I will say this this my opinion etc has nothing to do with me hosting a show or trying to be edgy. If you listen to my past shows I have been a sunshine pumper and caught heat and now I am not one and I am catching heat. My opinion is my opinion with or without the the podcast. Thanks for your well informed thoughts.

There's a lot I don't agree with you on, but this is one thing that I do. UT is stuck in a dead end conference (Okay...cue the Big XII cheerleaders...) and eventually, Patterson's gonna have to find time to get UT (and probably three others) moved to the PAC. That's assuming zero-u doesn't make a unilateral jump to the SEC before then. There is a very real possibility of that, by-the-way.

Complete nonsense on OU. The PAC turned down OU because they had to bring along OSU and both schools together add less than nothing to any TV contract. The same applies to the SEC even if OU could somehow manage to cut loose OSU. OU has a good football profile but a pathetic TV profile. Adding them would mean less money for everyone else in a major conference. Add the GOR to this reality and OU is stuck in the Big 12 or worse if UT bolts.

[/b]

You sure do like to keep saying that. For the 1000th time all I said he was taken visits and a decommit was possible. I am pretty sure others on OB etc said the same thing. I also said that about Porter and that is what happened. I am thrilled that Joe is going to stick with us but at the time is was 50-50..That is a fact

Are you serious? You did the same thing on Twitter as you do here, use language that is negative and not needed. You said "Joe was probably going to decommit". when there was absolutely no evidence that he was going to decommit. That's why Joe personally responded to you and said it wasn't true, and that he was getting tired of all the rumors. If you don't think you were wrong on the Lorenzo Joe ordeal, I really don't know what to say.

Point is you continue to go negative on everything. All I know is Strong is holding a top 20 class together after a complete overhaul in terms of coaching. Losing recruits is part of the game when you change coaches. If that's living in a "fantasy land" then sign me up. Sorry I don't live in a world where everything is doom and gloom. Instead of jumping off the ledge, step back and try and look at things with a positive perspective.

I have no skin in this game. I live on the West Coast. I don't do podcasts or whatnot. I'm just basing my opinion on what I read here. And if you thinking telling everyone about the "depressive state" of your mindset about UT football is telling the "Truth", good for you. I just find it tiresome dealing with the last 3 years of Mack Brown and then having someone take a shit on the program and conference right after getting a new coach.

What ever dude. Please tell me your Twitter handle so I can block you there so I don't have to respond to this BS on Twitter

aren't you somehow affiliated with this site more than just being a poster? you are going to talk yourself right out of that position if you do not get your gloom and doom angst and negativity under control.

What ever dude. Please tell me your Twitter handle so I can block you there so I don't have to respond to this BS on Twitter

I don't respond to you on Twitter because 1) I would rather not have recruits seeing negativity every 2 seconds and 2) I don't like these types of conversations. Only reason I respond to you on here is because it's gotten out of control. Absolutely insane that you are so doom and gloom when Texas is probably going to have a top 15 recruiting class even after a complete coaching overhaul.

I don't respond to you on Twitter because 1) I would rather not have recruits seeing negativity every 2 seconds and 2) I don't like these types of conversations. Only reason I respond to you on here is because it's gotten out of control. Absolutely insane that you are so doom and gloom when Texas is probably going to have a top 15 recruiting class even after a complete coaching overhaul.

Obviously you do not read my tweets because they're pro UT

I like you both and what you've got here is nothing but a difference of opinion, turning ugly. As there are no incontrovertible truths in either argument, there will be no winner.

There's an ignore list on this site if your ability to enjoy it is being hindered by one another.

I don't mind skimming the bickering, but I hate to see people getting upset over forum posts.

aren't you somehow affiliated with this site more than just being a poster? you are going to talk yourself right out of that position if you do not get your gloom and doom angst and negativity under control.

I will not talk myself out of anything. But do me a favor and do not threaten me.

So you're saying a difference of opinion is not welcome here?

not at all. I am saying that someone who is part of or identified with a Longhorn site, like an owner or a moderator or a regular contributor, should not be incessantly negative like you have become. that hurts the site and its reputation.