Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I really like Strong, but...

doc longhorn

You are just as guilty with you blind optimism. Time will tell with CS. I think he needs to win quickly or this will be a short stay. The only way to turn the tide is to win. This is why I was not super happy when we hired him. I thought we needed someone with more skins on the wall. If he can win I think he can get past this. But if he doesn't get to 10 next year I predict he will not last at Texas. Without 10 wins Aggie will dominate again in recruiting. We cannot afford another bad class because we won't have the talent around CS will need come 16.

Aggy lost to every top 25 team they played this season (prior to beating Duke), with 3 first round picks on their team and the greatest player in their HISTORY leading them. They are trading on smoke and mirrors right now (SEC! SEC!), because their record does not show a team that is ready to dominate the state in recruiting or on the field. Aggy will not keep this recruiting up moving forward, especially after another 4 or 5 loss season that is coming for them.

really dont get being already down on Strong at this point. The fact he has to step in and try to save a recruiting class that very very likely would have been looking around even if Mack stayed just speaks to the situation Mack Brown left....not strong. Hell its a NATIONAL story now that Mack Brown told kids to look around. How F'ing pathetic is that?

You cant expect a new regime to step in and there not to be players who look around or change their mind. I really dont have much doubt Strong can recruit and will recruit very well at texas. using the past couple of weeks of having to clean up Mack Brown's mess isnt a good long term example or predictor