Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who do you schedule?

Sirhornsalot

• 1 month later...

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Texas, meanwhile, has future games against UCLA, BYU, Notre Dame, California and USC.</p>— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) <a href="

">March 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Baylor has Northwestern State (2014, 2016), Lamar (2015), UTSA (2017, 2018, 2019) and Incarnate Word (2019) on future football schedules.</p>— Nick Mathews (@Nick_Mathews) <a href="

">March 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

LOLz

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Per <a href="https://twitter.com/CraigSmoak">@CraigSmoak</a>, Baylor AD Ian McCaw said the Bears will beef up that non-conf schedule by possibly playing UTEP. Really.</p>— Bryan Fischer (@BryanDFischer) <a href="

">March 19, 2014</a></blockquote>

• 2 months later...

1. You get a home and home with one opponent - Florida State - Good national brand, opportunity to get them over here in Austin. Gets us in a talent rich recruiting ground we now have access to thanks to Coach Strong and Staff. 

2. A two-year neutral site game with another - Tennessee - Two storied programs, serves the purpose of getting Texas two games in the most reasonable neutral site - New Orleans LA. - Right in front of Les Miles recruits. SEC opponent. Winnable games to boot. 

3. And a 1-year contract to play an away game. - Washington - Winnable game in a beautiful location and gets Texas a game in an area we dont make it too often at all.

1. You get a home and home with one opponent - Florida State - Good national brand, opportunity to get them over here in Austin. Gets us in a talent rich recruiting ground we now have access to thanks to Coach Strong and Staff. 

2. A two-year neutral site game with another - Tennessee - Two storied programs, serves the purpose of getting Texas two games in the most reasonable neutral site - New Orleans LA. - Right in front of Les Miles recruits. SEC opponent. Winnable games to boot. 

3. And a 1-year contract to play an away game. - Washington - Winnable game in a beautiful location and gets Texas a game in an area we dont make it too often at all.

2 out of 3 not bad. . . 

We've never played FSU. . . .so great matchup. . . .

Could care less about Tenn and even less about another neutral site game. . . insert a rotating 2 for 1 with the service academies. . .each stadium an awesome venue for football and TEXAS has always supported our Military and veterans. . .

Home and home with UDub works great. . .family up that way along with some pretty good Horns. . . would be an awesome weekend. . .

My fantasy world 6 team POD divisions when the BIG 5 breaks away from NCAA:

Texas would play 5 teams in their own POD: Texas Tech, Baylor, Texas A&M, Oklahoma, Oklahoma St

2 teams from West Coast: California, Arizona

2 teams from Southeast: Miami, Georgia

2 teams from Midwest: Michigan, Purdue 

1 team from Northeast/Midatlantic: Rutgers/Boston College/Maryland/North Carolina

1. I go a home and home with North Carolina. Not a tough game, but respectable. And when we go there, we're playing in the SE US.

2. A neutral site game in Atlanta, GA with Georgia Tech. Again, not a tremendously tough game, but always a solid opponent. GT will make sure it's a good turnout and again, we're playing in the SEC's back yard.

3. I go back to Ole Miss for the one-time visit to somewhere else. Great venue, driving distance from Texas, and again - right in the SEC's back yard.

The SEC teams are moving into Texas more than ever. If they're going to leave their own place to spend time in ours, let's spend a little more time in theirs. There needs to be a price to pay.

Not bad, SHA.

I think the Idea of scheduling a team that we would likely meet in the playoffs is one of the most ludicrous things I've ever heard.  I like the idea of a good game, but not a playoff before the playoff.  My one suggestion would be to find a substitute for UNC, a home and home with Tennessee or Miami, probably Miami.

Hook 'em!

2 out of 3 not bad. . . 

We've never played FSU. . . .so great matchup. . . .

Could care less about Tenn and even less about another neutral site game. . . insert a rotating 2 for 1 with the service academies. . .each stadium an awesome venue for football and TEXAS has always supported our Military and veterans. . .

Home and home with UDub works great. . .family up that way along with some pretty good Horns. . . would be an awesome weekend. . .

I had to come up with something for a winnable and interesting neutral site game that would aid in recruiting. Tennessee came to mind.  Game with Navy would be cool though. 

You've just been named Athletic Director at the University of Texas. One of your first tasks is to start filling up the future schedules.

1. You get a home and home with one opponent

2. A two-year neutral site game with another

3. And a 1-year contract to play an away game.

Having anything you want if you just ask - how do you fill out that list?

1. Florida or Georgia

2. Tennessee or Virginia Tech @ the Georgia Dome

3. @ Miami

I really like ideas 1 and 2. I've always liked the other UT and I don't know why. But love the idea of playing in nawlins.

Items 1 and 2 put you in two very fertile recruiting grounds. Love it.

For #3 though I think I look to the west coast/California because that's where we got Ricky and there's a ton of talent there. Play USC, UCLA, Stanford, heck even San Diego St.