Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did Mack Brown try to sabotage Texas?

Lord Vader

That may have been EXACTLY what he told the recruits. As long as everyone is speculating, here's what could have happened:

Bonney was talking to another recruit who had doubts because of everything they had heard. The 2 of them approached Mack and said they weren't sure about their future. Mack took them aside and went on his soapbox for 10 minutes extolling the virtues of the University of Texas.

Then he ended with, "But if you're not 100& sure, MAYBE you should take another visit to see for yourself that Texas has the best of everything." Maybe Mack knows the kid better than we do and realized he's one of those kids that has to see it for himself.

This spin also fits all the "facts" but is just a positive way to look at it. Funny thing is, Bonney is still committed to the good guys and may very well end up in Burnt Orange. He just had to dispel his doubts the only way he knew how.

Mack? is that you?

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

per TOP STARR Mack Brown did not say this at the Friday Banquet, but Saturday when he had the team and commits over to his house for breakfast a

nd visit after Steve Patterson told Mack he had to retire today (Saturday .....You have an angry old man throwing a final fit and showing his true colors trying to harm the UT program....MB is gone....so we don't need anymore MB haters or MB lovers...............glad he is gone..

Before I let it go I want to clarify so that we all know where we stand.

I never liked MB. 0%.

His type of person and the crap he was constantly selling, I saw through it from Day 1.

My entire family are UT graduates and we get together the week after Christmas to visit.

Inevitably it turns to Texas football.

I have told every cousin and uncle for as long as MB has been around that he is phony.

The clapping. The sincerity. He is no leader of men.

They always viewed me as a hater.

I viewed him as not ready for prime time.

All my cousins, one by one, apologized to me this year for calling me a hater.

I don't need a story from a recruit to tell me this guy doesn't compute.

My love for Texas is what lets me know.

MB is not Texas.

Darrell Royal is the best coach Texas ever had.

I am hoping to be able to say that Coach Strong is the best coach Texas ever had when he hangs it up.

MB will be just another name in the history book when it is all said and done.

I don't care if the story bolsters what I already know because I already know it.

The video doesnt say anything about after he was fired. He was still an employee and head coach at the banquet, and told a committed player (and allegedly players) to go look elsewhere.

I dont care how much some people love Mack, or how much they have this insane view of him being an infallible human being, the fact is it should have NEVER been said by a guy who, regardless of what day, was and is on the payroll of the University of Texas.

Some of you REALLY need to pay attention when you are told by people who should know that Mack Brown was NOT all sunshine and rainbows.

He derailed Nick Saban by most accounts....and you think hed have any problem derailing a kids commitment?

Bullshit. Saban wasn't coming. I've said it multiple times and the minions just kept falling for the "insider" bullshit.

Mack never told anyone to go look around. What he said was to wait until the new staff is in place and then if you want to look around that he would help them.

Now, I would like an explanation of this next comment you made. Are you referring to the "insiders" who took this site by storm with all their " connections" only to be proven completely and totally wrong about pretty much everything.

Some of you REALLY need to pay attention when you are told by people who should know that Mack Brown was NOT all sunshine and rainbows.

Bullshit. Saban wasn't coming. I've said it multiple times and the minions just kept falling for the "insider" bullshit.

Mack never told anyone to go look around. What he said was to wait until the new staff is in place and then if you want to look around that he would help them.

Now, I would like an explanation of this next comment you made. Are you referring to the "insiders" who took this site by storm with all their " connections" only to be proven completely and totally wrong about pretty much everything.

Are you saying MB was all sunshine and rainbows?

Embrey pretty much said what I feel. I can't believe there are people out there that still don't see what Mack Brown is.

You are entitled to your opinion just like he is. I view his story as half bullshit. Claiming to know Mack was a BS artist from day 1 is a complete and total fabrication, to put things mildly.

As for me I do not think Mack should have been in position to have any conversation with recruits. I lay that on Powers and Patterson for not handling the removal of Mack as soon as final seconds of the Baylor game ticked off. If Mack did say anything to the recruits about looking around he was wrong.

You are entitled to your opinion just like he is. I view his story as half bullshit. Claiming to know Mack was a BS artist from day 1 is a complete and total fabrication, to put things mildly.

Oh my. I am half full of shit and a liar for going by my gut (from Day 1) but you are using high logic and reason when resorting to your gut. You, sir, do not know me. You have no basis for your claim.

Do you remember that feeling you obviously had in your gut when you read my post? The one that made you tell a total stranger they were half full of shit and a liar. That was the feeling I had the first time I ever heard Mack Brown.

I wonder if the people that love Mack no matter what are gonna feel the same about Coach Strong after 16 years or is this just a special kinda thing they hold onto dearly because it is MBTF?

If he makes it 16 yrs, then that means he's winning (see Akers, McWilliams, Mackovic). I would think the majority of fans would get behind Strong. There's a difference between "love" and appreciate.

Mack ought have one responsibility only. To the kids he recruits and coaches. When he's the coach at Texas, he's able to tell them what he can commit to them personally. When he isn't, he can't.

I expect when he recruits kids he tells them to look around and find what's best for them. He also makes a pitch for what he's got to offer. Once he's fired, the first part still applies.

Mack is, in my opinion (and also supported by the record books), the best coach to this point in Texas history. It's a shame that people go to such great lengths to change the record and sully that legacy. Among his many accomplishments, providing honest guidance to young men is among the most important. Encouraging them to do the best they can for themselves is always the advice that should be given.