Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

IM Back... Sorry Guys... Myles Turner Info

Shaunsters

Sorry been MIA over the past few weeks. Been going thru a lot of personal stuff... But now I'm back and ready to go.

Let me drop this nugget on Myles Turner... Despite rescheduling a visit to OK ST in Feb. Talked to someone with direct contact with Turner, this is what he told me. " He is loving him some Texas right now. All he talks about is the young guys and how they are improving. Wears Texas gear to practice all the time."

I asked him what he thought about OK State and Kansas... Ok State he feels like is running a distant third. Kansas has been pushing a lot of playing time and centerpiece of the team.

You ask me now Myles Turner will be a Horn. Still have a few more weeks on this one, but we should get news in a few weeks. Kansas in the picture hard and heavy, never count them out ala Julius RANDLE.

Roughly 70% Kansas, 20% Texas and 10% Ok State. If Kansas REALLY wants him...they will get him. Understand that now and it will save you some disappointment when it gets down to the nitty gritty. If it's a big time player and it's head to head against Texas, Kansas wins the vast majority of those battles.

Naturally the kid says it's 50/50 so he can milk every bit of attention and comps that he can possibly reap until close to the end. But when it gets down to the day of reckoning...it will be Kansas. They're that far ahead of us in the basketball world.

Roughly 70% Kansas, 20% Texas and 10% Ok State. If Kansas REALLY wants him...they will get him. Understand that now and it will save you some disappointment when it gets down to the nitty gritty. If it's a big time player and it's head to head against Texas, Kansas wins the vast majority of those battles.

Naturally the kid says it's 50/50 so he can milk every bit of attention and comps that he can possibly reap until close to the end. But when it gets down to the day of reckoning...it will be Kansas. They're that far ahead of us in the basketball world.

too cynical for me.

Sorry been MIA over the past few weeks. Been going thru a lot of personal stuff... But now I'm back and ready to go.

Let me drop this nugget on Myles Turner... Despite rescheduling a visit to OK ST in Feb. Talked to someone with direct contact with Turner, this is what he told me. " He is loving him some Texas right now. All he talks about is the young guys and how they are improving. Wears Texas gear to practice all the time."

I asked him what he thought about OK State and Kansas... Ok State he feels like is running a distant third. Kansas has been pushing a lot of playing time and centerpiece of the team.

You ask me now Myles Turner will be a Horn. Still have a few more weeks on this one, but we should get news in a few weeks. Kansas in the picture hard and heavy, never count them out ala Julius RANDLE.

at least no one on this team will tell him to go elsewhere.

Don't know how I feel about us in a one on one recruiting battle with Kansas. Hate to say it but comparing us and kansas from a pure basketball perspective isn't even close. Don't mean to sound cynical, but has anyone ever been to the Phog? Atmosphere is insane

Barnes has always done well against Self in head to heads.

Don't know how I feel about us in a one on one recruiting battle with Kansas. Hate to say it but comparing us and kansas from a pure basketball perspective isn't even close. Don't mean to sound cynical, but has anyone ever been to the Phog? Atmosphere is insane

of course, but that does not mean we cannot win a recruiting battle with KU.

Barnes has always done well against Self in head to heads.

NLeinger...I think you're right. I messed up my post on this subject by not putting a huge caveat in front of the whole thing by stating..."just my opinion". I don't know a damned bit more than anyone else on this board.

But I still think he goes to Kansas:)

...magnum opus great work...

upon whether we know it or not... texas basketball, is fast becoming the new trend upon the nation. i think that we may have a legitimate shot at turner. thanks shaunsters as per your update... and yes, welcome back!