Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

The Longhorn Network is making schools "Act a Fool"

bbdude

• Administrators

The rumblings about what the new Longhorn Network will and will not look like evidently have other Big XII schools worried. Our dear friends in College Station have arranged a meeting of the minds to discuss the implications on other conference schools with respect to recruiting advantages, etc. Seems like Aggieland is stoking the "We are considering a move to the SEC" fire again out of jealously and a ploy to get attention. What do you think?

The rumblings about what the new Longhorn Network will and will not look like evidently have other Big XII schools worried. Our dear friends in College Station have arranged a meeting of the minds to discuss the implications on other conference schools with respect to recruiting advantages, etc. Seems like Aggieland is stoking the "We are considering a move to the SEC" fire again out of jealously and a ploy to get attention. What do you think?

That meeting was probably over in near record time.

• Administrators

Mutiny in the Big XII? BIg Game Bob was on the radio a few days ago acting like he wasn't worried. He chalked it up to the Longhorns already having deep pockets and simply adding to the revenue they already have. The penis envy is starting to show!

• Administrators

Amen to that brother. The Longhorns cannot so much as wipe their behinds without A&M making a comment. It was proven last year when this whole conference abandonment/realignment chatter started that the Agiies are owned by Texas. In short they are the beotches of Texas.

I read where BYU is having the same issues in Utah..Other teams in the state are complaining about them televising high school football games..

Meanwhile I just read where poor Stoops at OKIE DOKIE U is whining to high heaven. Look Bobbie do we complain when you pay our Texas high school players to go to that stink hole in Norman? Nope we reload and move forward. Try winning a post season bowl game Bobbie and then you can complain..

Edited by beevomav

• Administrators

I am perplexed. It seems to remain a mystery which providers will be carrying the Longhorn Network, and there is no logic that can predict which ones will and which ones will not. It is due to launch on August 26th so it shouldn't be too long before we know who is carrying it and who is not (bless the folks who do not have access to it).

Also, in our twitter feed we mentioned that Brenham ISD has evidently signed an agreement to have games televised on the network. Yeah, I know... I thought no high school football games were going to be televised... http://www.kbtx.com/home/headlines/Brenham_ISD_Signs_Deal_to_Air_Football_Game_on_Longhorn_Network_126213108.html

Stoops can suck it.

I'm still on cable over here in East Texas and I haven't heard anything about my provider carrying it. I've emailed them directly and gone to the getlonghornnetwork site and done it through there. I may be switching to Direct TV or something before too long.

• Administrators
I'm still on cable over here in East Texas and I haven't heard anything about my provider carrying it. I've emailed them directly and gone to the getlonghornnetwork site and done it through there. I may be switching to Direct TV or something before too long.

I would hold off of switching providers just yet. The Longhorn Network will be upon your provider soon... Doesn't matter which zip code/provider you select in the "Request the Longhorn Network" are of the site - http://espn.go.com/longhornnetwork/ they all come back with "Your provider has no plans to launch the Longhorn Network." This is TORTURE! I can't wait to see Mack Brown shave in the mornings....

• Administrators

Interesting article about the relationship between The University of Texas and ESPN. Seems that while the studio is being constructed and the programming plans are in development, both UT and ESPN are in a court battle over documents related to last year's potential conference shakeup. This is an interesting read and evidently alleges that the University of Houston encouraged UT's support if the whole conference shakedown happened.

On a side note, why would UH want to join the Big XII? I guess to get beat up by Texas every year...

Article link - ESPN serves dual role as UT partner, foe | Longhorns | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Saps in Colon Stagnation, Texas - particularly Bill Byrne the AD, are now saying that it is flat out ILLEGAL for Texas to show high school football games. He cited a 1994 NCAA rules interpretation. Surprised he didn't cite the last year aggie won a national championship. What a total ass. It is like he is about to blow a gasket!

I'm getting the feeling that we aren't gonna be seeing High School Football on the LHN this year. The milk bitches in College Station are crying to high heaven and to anyone that will listen. Too many other schools are sticking there noses into the situation too.

• Administrators
I'm getting the feeling that we aren't gonna be seeing High School Football on the LHN this year. The milk bitches in College Station are crying to high heaven and to anyone that will listen. Too many other schools are sticking there noses into the situation too.

Looks like you hit the nail on the head. Cry baby Bill Byrne got his way. No High School games on the LHN for a year.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrators

The NCAA has ruled today that The Longhorn Network cannot televise high school football games. The TAMU President R. Bowen Loftin most likely had to change his underwear and issued this statement after the ruling came down:

"Last week, I joined with my fellow members of the Big 12 Board of Directors in strongly requesting that the NCAA Board of Directors issue a moratorium regarding the broadcast of high school content on institutional media platforms. We are pleased that the NCAA addressed this issue quickly. This is a decision that we believe is in the best interests of prospective student-athletes, as well as the entire NCAA membership."

Aggies acting the fool..I was watching Fox Sports Southwest today and they showed highlights of the 7 man football championship at Kyle Field..The Aggies were bragging how they got a huge recruiting advantage from holding these championships and they put on the full court press by showing possible recruits the sports amenities..

So why is it OK to recruit with the 7 man championship and yet it is unfair when Texas wants to show high school games? I don't see a difference other than the Aggies and OU are a bunch of whiny ass little girls..

• Administrators

I guess the Aggies need all the help they can get. That's about the only way they will ever get anyone to visit Colon Stagnation, Texas. No, seriously, not familiar with the 7 on 7 football championship. I try to mentally block anything they consider a "tradition.". These traditions usually involve a certain Collie dog or some guy dressed up like a lumberjack in a white outfit.

• Administrators

@bevomav - I read an article today in which Deloss brought up the 7 on 7 championship. His statement was basically - we never complained about TAMU doing that, when we damn well could have. I am tired of all the Aggie chatter. I even read that a move by TAMU would be beneficial for Rick Perry in his Presidential Campaign. SEC voters would vote Perry - so it claims.

@bevomav - I read an article today in which Deloss brought up the 7 on 7 championship. His statement was basically - we never complained about TAMU doing that, when we damn well could have. I am tired of all the Aggie chatter. I even read that a move by TAMU would be beneficial for Rick Perry in his Presidential Campaign. SEC voters would vote Perry - so it claims.

The 7 on 7 championship was made up by TAM to get possible recruits into their stadium..It has become a big deal and the hypocrites, led by Perry, think that is fine..Like Rick Gosselin said today in the Dallas Morning News, TAM should be careful what they wish for..

I just hope when they move that UT drops them from their schedule..

I got the following from the Dallas Morning News..Sorry I am not a paid subscriber so I couldn't get the whole article..but it sure shows why none of have heard about where to find the network..No one has signed on to carry the darn thing..What a total waste of time.. c

Hot air: Longhorn Network still looking for carrier as launch nears

Barry Horn

Published Aug 12, 2011 10:57 PM

If a television network launches and no one can watch it, does it make a sound?

That’s the philosophical question of the day. The Longhorn Network is scheduled to launch in less than two weeks, and not a single cable, satellite or telecom carrier in the state has signed on.

I also read an article that said the LHN has not secured any carriers yet - BUT - They are in negotiations with Time Warner, Comcast and a few other providers in the state. Poor planning for sure but I am confident the Texas A&M/OU beef with the high school programming set everything back a month or two.