Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Bedford & Koening to see history made a 2nd time!

RoyalCrowns

Seeing as it's MLK day, thought of an interesting fact. Newly hired DC Vance Bedford & WR coach Les Koening will be a part of cultural history when Charlie Strong debuts in August against UNT as the first black head coach in the 124 year history of Texas football. It may be a touch of repeating history for the UT exes. It was 1978 and Koening lined up on the offensive side of the ball, while Bedford secured a spot at corner on defense for Fred Akers squad. Quarterback that day would be Donnie Little, who became Texas' first black QB. FWIW

Edited by RoyalCrowns

Impressed more with the content of one's character than the pigmentation of their skin. Will be glad when the day comes we can stop saying "first black this and first black that" and instead focus on what a gifted and talented person an individual is. Coach Strong impresses me because of what I hear about him and what the "culture" is he is suppposedly bringing to the 40 acres.

Impressed more with the content of one's character than the pigmentation of their skin. Will be glad when the day comes we can stop saying "first black this and first black that" and instead focus on what a gifted and talented person an individual is. Coach Strong impresses me because of what I hear about him and what the "culture" is he is suppposedly bringing to the 40 acres.

Color blind society.....

I long for the day that people look at you strange when you say "the first ....."