Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Did Mack do it out of spite?

Davharjac

First, invites were likely made weeks in advance. You don't "uninvite" them (for many obvious reasons)

Second, from all that's been written I don't know how one could say that Mack didn't have every intent to coach in 2014.

I too don't like how it all went down but I believe this particular accusation is warrantless.

First, invites were likely made weeks in advance. You don't "uninvite" them (for many obvious reasons)

Second, from all that's been written I don't know how one could say that Mack didn't have every intent to coach in 2014.

I too don't like how it all went down but I believe this particular accusation is warrantless.

I addressed some of what you're saying already in another post...since I have a had an official visit myself I am well aware of the fact that the scheduled in advance, I am also aware that they can be changed, and if a coach is stepping down it makes sense to at least alert the commits, and suggest that they wait until the new coach is named, so the recruits could meet them. As I also said I was only asking a question. It was something I was discussing with my buddy at the time....so if you take it as an accusation, then I did a poor job in wording the question..

No he didn't, I really don't get the conspiracies and disrespect toward Mack around here. Biggest help for you guys would have been to have a staff in place earlier. Even the best recruiters will struggle to succeed with only 3-4 weeks of time to make up ground on some prospects. There should still be in-home visits for most of these prospects and the coaches can drop by the schools as well now that the dead period is over.

From what the parties involved say, I don't pay attention to rumors, he was coming back. Patterson and Powers(at banquet) both said they were looking forward to working with Mack in the future. Near direct quote. Then, overnight, it changed. This is according to Mack, Powers and Patterson. It probably changed because Powers got heat on his ass for retaining Mack? Good a guess as any?

working with Mack is very vague. Mack will be our coach next year is not.