Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

WR Emmanuel Porter to TCU

Lukus Alderman

Just maybe during Strong's/Chambers' visit with him today Strong sensed he was not the kind of "football" player (remember, stars don't matter) that he wants or would fit into the new culture CS is bringing and managed to tactfully move him to reconsider returning to TCU. Probably not, but I wouldn't be totally surprised either.

I think the Wyatt relationship was the key to getting him to flip and now that he is gone, the kid decided to go back to his first choice and maybe more comfortable choice.

Edited by JKW-Hook 'em

I'm not sure Strong's scorched earth policy to current players is what kids want to hear? It's like he is trying to run them off?

It might be if CS gets the impression a recruit committed to Texas because they liked the culture that was presented to them and he knows his culture is 180 degrees opposite, he probably is honest with them so they can decide if what he is selling is something they want to be part of. I suspect if recruits de-commit because of this, both parties are happy.

Meh. This is expected. Its unfortunate, but its to be expected when there is staff turnover like Texas had.

Just a thought - but I almost expect Baylor, A&M, and to a lesser extent Tech to gobble up offensive recruits while we stockpile all of the defensive talent this state has to offer (this years A&M class excluded).

I'm not sure Strong's scorched earth policy to current players is what kids want to hear? It's like he is trying to run them off?

...texas does not do "scorched earth". but strong shall definitely run off the player's with no heart...

It's going to be the same reason we lost probably lose out on Demarcus Lodge. They were both committed to Wyatt. If you guys don't think Porter was a kid they wanted to keep I just don't know what to tell you.

I'm not suggesting we didn't want to keep...otherwise why would Strong & Chambers visit him this morning? I'm just wondering if there might have been something that went on during the meeting that gave Strong some concerns? It's not like he doesn't know how to recruit...especially when you consider we lost him to TCU...not exactly a high-octane offense lately.

I do think Strong's eye for talent or the type of player he wants vs. that of Mack Brown may differ a little or a lot.

Again, I agree, I think it probably came down to Wyatt no longer being the kid's position coach.

Meh. This is expected. Its unfortunate, but its to be expected when there is staff turnover like Texas had.

Just a thought - but I almost expect Baylor, A&M, and to a lesser extent Tech to gobble up offensive recruits while we stockpile all of the defensive talent this state has to offer (this years A&M class excluded).

We're just doing so-so on the defensive side. We have to hold onto Roberson and Alaka or it drops quickly. I don't know that there are that many left to flip, thus maybe why we are hitting OOS harder.

Remember, 2013 was pretty "meh" on defense as well.

http://texas.247sports.com/Season/2014-Football/Commits

If we're headed to a run-first spread, we don't need to be taking 6 wide receivers in this class.

This is the last WR you want to see walk from this class. Porter, IMO, is easily the most talented of the bunch. This news is just slightly less impactful than Heard going somewhere else.

Hopefully, Strong pounces and reels him back in.

This is the last WR you want to see walk from this class. Porter, IMO, is easily the most talented of the bunch. This news is just slightly less impactful than Heard going somewhere else.

Hopefully, Strong pounces and reels him back in.

If this is true, why wasn't Porter's position coach on the visit to meet Porter for the first time? Where was Koenning???