• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting Updates

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing Nelson and Ford will most likely commit after taking visits to Texas. Essentially, they are Texas commits as of now just nothing official. Only thing that stands in the way are other visits. If the visits go well at Texas, looking like we get both. Ford has some nice schools he's visiting, so things can always shift.

Ed Freeman is a huge pickup #7OLB in the nation he plays at Bowie HS in the dfw area and I'm from their and watched him played a few times he's a beast

We are seeing what we should be expecting, which is that on D our recruiting should be solid. The wild card is still what happens on offense. If recruiting on that side of the ball goes well, we may be on to something.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>After suffering five decommitments in the 2013 recruiting class, Texas has now lost eight one-time pledges from the 2014 group.</p>— Wescott Eberts (@SBN_Wescott) <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/SBN_Wescott/statuses/423891096440033280']);" href="
">January 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Not retaining Darrell Wyatt could cost <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/search?q=%23Horns&src=hash']);" href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Horns&src=hash">#Horns</a> Marble Falls WR Garrett Gray in addition to Emanuel Porter. Even Lorenzo Joe taking visits.</p>— Wescott Eberts (@SBN_Wescott) <a onclick="_gaq.push(['_trackEvent', 'Outgoing', 'twitter.com', '/SBN_Wescott/statuses/423887422397497344']);" href="

">January 16, 2014</a></blockquote>

Have the recruits said it's because Wyatt not retained, or is this just Mr. Eberts professional opinion...

We are seeing what we should be expecting, which is that on D our recruiting should be solid. The wild card is still what happens on offense. If recruiting on that side of the ball goes well, we may be on to something.

Agreed, but if it keeps going this well, we may not need much on the other side of the ball anyway!

Agreed, but if it keeps going this well, we may not need much on the other side of the ball anyway!

Lol. Even a lot is never enough. It will be interesting to see how things develop. We know what we should see (lots of unexpected interest on defense, no surprises and maybe lose a couple of commits on offense). So far, the D looks good and should get better. If offense firms up a little, I'm a happy camper. Anyone committing to us on offense will be taking a risk, but if things start to click on that side, they should be in good shape by knowing whatever system is installed earlier than others and getting to see a fair amount of playing time. I still don't know whether we are going to be spread, pro-style, run first, or whatever, but we will soon see how the commits are feeling about what they are hearing.

There's no doubt this staff is committed to recruiting. Strong had Chambers revise their schedule "No lunch. Find us another HS to visit in DFW today".

And Mack would go to high schools with his own sharpie to sign autographs. He fully expected the rock star treatment.

I like Strong's approach better.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>DE Derick Roberson let me know it went great with Texas DL coach Chris Rumph earlier today.</p>— Jason Higdon (@Jason_Higdon) <a href="

">January 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

Might have dodged a bullet with Valentine. Watch his video and listen to the accompanying "music". If Valentine chose the "music", I have strong concerns for the young man's character. Perhaps Coach Strong saw this and made some conclusions from Valentine's video.

This is one of the worst reasons for "might have dodged a bullet" I've ever seen.

Lol. Even a lot is never enough. It will be interesting to see how things develop. We know what we should see (lots of unexpected interest on defense, no surprises and maybe lose a couple of commits on offense). So far, the D looks good and should get better. If offense firms up a little, I'm a happy camper. Anyone committing to us on offense will be taking a risk, but if things start to click on that side, they should be in good shape by knowing whatever system is installed earlier than others and getting to see a fair amount of playing time. I still don't know whether we are going to be spread, pro-style, run first, or whatever, but we will soon see how the commits are feeling about what they are hearing.

Yeah the defense is a more known quantity at this point. If the offense clicks and does some good things next year then it will pick up, but it may be mainly holding on to what we can this year. If we keep Heard I am a happy camper.

Common sense says that we will recruit well on the OL. They keep telling us to forget the recruiting rankings and have Wickline's superior track record as support. Nonetheless, I think that the allure of UT plus his reputation will put us in high regard with the 4 and 5* OLs. It will be interesting to see how he might be able to mold some of these high level guys. However it ends up working, it seems we are in a great position recruiting-wise here.

In addition, one would hope and expect that the Heisman QB credentials will put us in good position with some of the top QB recruits. It certainly has not dampened Heard's enthusiasm.

The real test, IMO, will come at the skill positions. We have already seen something of a shift here and it appears we will lose some 2014 guys. I think the 2015 and beyond guys are going to take a wait and see attitude with our on the field offensive performance this coming season. No pressure guys.

#1 ranked RB (6-3, 200) -- b/w #5-7 in state overall 2015

Jr. Stats: Rushed for 1,077 yards and scored 10 touchdowns. Averaged 8.89 yards per carry. Also hauled in 225 receiving yards.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>University of Texas Military Academy

<a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23GeneralStrong&src=hash">#GeneralStrong</a></p>— Soso Jamabo (@Soso_Jamabo1) <a href="

">January 17, 2014</a></blockquote>

The upright style with the 6'3 frame reminds me of Eric Dockerson. (replace the o with an i)

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/ZfIpz2WXHSE" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Juan Grande

can't blast a young man bc of the music he prefers...he culturally I am guessing here...differs from you. So to put quotations around the word music to indicate that you think or feel that the music's content is inappropriate, is actually pretty inappropriate as well. You're entitled to your opinions about music genres but you should not make sweeping generalizations about a young man based on his preference of music..he is probably not going to be jamming journey...although journey is pretty good.

Edited by Davharjac