Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting Updates

HornEsch

it doesnt matter what the truth of the matter is. it matters how much the player believes it.

apparently lsu did an excellent job of selling the academics part.

Maybe I didn't read it properly but It didn't say academics, it said academic "support", probably something similar to online classes. :)

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Burton's final in state top 100 --

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/-Texas-Top-100-A-final-ranking-for-the-class-of-2014-25584616/1

A few notes -

Rodriquez moved up.

I like Freeman much better than that.

Brown is lower here than elsewhere.

1. DE, Myles Garrett, Arlington Martin – Committed to A&M

2. WR, Kd Cannon, Mount Pleasant – Committed to Baylor

3. DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan – Committed to Texas

4. WR-CB, Nick Harvey, Fort Bend Travis – Committed to A&M

5. CB, Arrion Springs, San Antonio Roosevelt – Committed to Oregon

7. DL, Solomon Thomas, Coppell – Arkansas, Stanford

11. QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer – Committed to Texas

12. WR, Emanuel Porter, Dallas Lincoln – Committed to TCU

13. CB, Tony Brown, Beaumont Ozen – Committed to Alabama

14. RB, Duke Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower – Committed to Texas

16. WR-ATH, Armanti Foreman, Texas City – Committed to Texas

26. DT, Zaycoven Henderson, Longview – Committed to A&M

33. WR-ATH, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper – Committed to Texas

36. LB, Otaro Alaka, Houston Cy Falls – Committed to A&M

48. OL, Demetrius Knox, Fort Worth All Saints – Committed to Ohio State

53. DB, Jason Hall, South Grand Prairie – Committed to Texas

55. OL, Elijah Rodriguez, Houston Cy Creek – Committed to Texas

57. DE, Kolin Hill, Schertz Clemens – Committed to Notre dame

65. DB, Jah'Shawn Johnson, Ennis – Committed to Texas Tech

91. DE, Sione Teuhema, Keller – LSU, Oklahoma State

96. RB, D'Onta Foreman, Texas City – Committed to Texas

98. LB, Edwin Freeman, Arlington Bowie – Committed to Texas

Oh, and I saw Kohlhausen at the 7-on-7 tourney his senior year and I was wondering why he didn't have bigger offers because he was point all day for Lamar. One thing I noticed about him when comparing him and Matt Davis was his consistency. Davis would be phenomenal in one game and look out of it in another. Why did he transfer from Houston so early on in his career?

Burton's final in state top 100 --

http://texas.247sports.com/Board/21/-Texas-Top-100-A-final-ranking-for-the-class-of-2014-25584616/1

A few notes -

Rodriquez moved up.

I like Freeman much better than that.

Brown is lower here than elsewhere.

1. DE, Myles Garrett, Arlington Martin – Committed to A&M

2. WR, Kd Cannon, Mount Pleasant – Committed to Baylor

3. DE, Derick Roberson, San Antonio Brennan – Committed to Texas

4. WR-CB, Nick Harvey, Fort Bend Travis – Committed to A&M

5. CB, Arrion Springs, San Antonio Roosevelt – Committed to Oregon

7. DL, Solomon Thomas, Coppell – Arkansas, Stanford

11. QB, Jerrod Heard, Denton Guyer – Committed to Texas

12. WR, Emanuel Porter, Dallas Lincoln – Committed to TCU

13. CB, Tony Brown, Beaumont Ozen – Committed to Alabama

14. RB, Duke Catalon, Aldine Eisenhower – Committed to Texas

16. WR-ATH, Armanti Foreman, Texas City – Committed to Texas

26. DT, Zaycoven Henderson, Longview – Committed to A&M

33. WR-ATH, Lorenzo Joe, Abilene Cooper – Committed to Texas

36. LB, Otaro Alaka, Houston Cy Falls – Committed to A&M

48. OL, Demetrius Knox, Fort Worth All Saints – Committed to Ohio State

53. DB, Jason Hall, South Grand Prairie – Committed to Texas

55. OL, Elijah Rodriguez, Houston Cy Creek – Committed to Texas

57. DE, Kolin Hill, Schertz Clemens – Committed to Notre dame

65. DB, Jah'Shawn Johnson, Ennis – Committed to Texas Tech

91. DE, Sione Teuhema, Keller – LSU, Oklahoma State

96. RB, D'Onta Foreman, Texas City – Committed to Texas

98. LB, Edwin Freeman, Arlington Bowie – Committed to Texas

I don't agree that recruiting isn't a big deal. It is. But after an extremely messy divorce and a complete overhaul of the coaching staff who has exactly no time at all to salvage something and this is what we get, this is our "sky is falling" class, well.... I'll take it. Not bad at all.

I don't agree that recruiting isn't a big deal. It is. But after an extremely messy divorce and a complete overhaul of the coaching staff who has exactly no time at all to salvage something and this is what we get, this is our "sky is falling" class, well.... I'll take it. Not bad at all.

Agree. They fought hard to hold who they wanted to hold and kept the majority. Plus added a few.

It is unrealistic to have expected much more than this, under the circumstances.

Agree. They fought hard to hold who they wanted to hold and kept the majority. Plus added a few.

It is unrealistic to have expected much more than this, under the circumstances.

look at all the turnover of recruits a program like Vanderbilt has had with James Franklin leaving

Some more info on Bram Kohlhausen (6'2, 193), our new walk-on QB.

He was a 3* our of Lamar (2,301 yards/31 tds in 2 seasons). He went to UH but lost the starting QB battle to Case Keenum and David Piland.

He then transferred to Harbor College in LA where he started only 3 games going 75-114 (65.8%) with 7 td/2 int before being hurt for the year (non-throwing shoulder). He had other schollie offers but chose walk-on at UT. He will come in as a senior (I think).

Oops.

Heh.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Contrary to reports QB Bram Kohlhausen tells me he has not agreed to walk on at Texas. In the process of talking to schools, deciding future</p>— Sam Khan Jr. (@skhanjr) <a href="

">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

So the outcome would be this bad or worse if Patterson had hired Saban or Fisher rather than getting his panties in a wad over their agent? This is the recruiting result you get when you hire a third tier head coach with an undefined offensive philosophy who excites no tier one recruits.

So the outcome would be this bad or worse if Patterson had hired Saban or Fisher rather than getting his panties in a wad over their agent? This is the recruiting result you get when you hire a third tier head coach with an undefined offensive philosophy who excites no tier one recruits.

Well that's just ridiculous.

seriously, man, why are you here? you would be a superstar on OB.

seriously, man, why are you here? you would be a superstar on OB.

Careful Jim, he'll tell you that you're entitled and that you don't care about the program, then finally he'll tell you that you're a third tier poster and Hornsports settled for you..I know first hand :(

Careful Jim, he'll tell you that you're entitled and that you don't care about the program, then finally he'll tell you that you're a third tier poster and Hornsports settled for you..I know first hand :(

hell, I'm just happy to be anywhere.

Completely agree. This class has some potential stars and if Heard hits, as I expect he will, then it is pretty solid.

I don't know anything about getting panties in a wad, but I will defer to your experience.

Hmmmm. I didn't think we were even still in the race with Richard Yeargin 111.

He just tweeted this, "NSD is hours away' who it's gone be? #HookEmHorns or #Allin/WeTooDeep, Stayed tuned tommorow morning @ 9 a.m. too see what decision I make.��"

I don't remember that he took a visit to Austin.

Smells like he is just using our name for a little run.

So, apparently, John Bonney is still considering his options.

I thought this one was put to bed.

While John Bonney remains a Texas commitment at the moment, national signing day is Wednesday and Jerry Bonney said his son is still considering his options, with Auburn and Baylor being the other contenders. John Bonney is ranked as 20th-best safety in the country and was offered by 36 schools in the recruiting process.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/10404315/recru-father-backs-former-texas-coach-mack-brown-look-comments

There is quite a bit more in this article too. This next quote is by the dad --

"I was standing right there when he made the statement," Jerry Bonney said. "His first general statement to the kids and all of us [family members] was 'I'm not telling you not to come to Texas. I think this is a fine place and you should stay [if you're committed to Texas]. However, if you are coming here for me to coach you and that was the main reason you were coming, those of you in that category, I certainly encourage you to look elsewhere because I won't be your coach. I'm stepping down immediately after the Oregon game.'

So you will believe in the Saban-Fisher fairy tale. .. but not believe in Strong fairy tale....