Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Recruiting Updates

HornEsch

• Replies 484
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the argument I made on the Nelson thread. But the post is starting to get buried by the "who is a better UT fan" type debate there. Probably better suited for this more general recruiting thread anyway. Hopefully the aggies wont attempt to convert into an argument about aggies.

I think Strong has done a good job of holding this class together.

They got on Heard right away, and he helped keep Joe. They also kept Roberson, Bonney and the Foremans.

Adding Freeman was big, especially in light of losing Alaka.

They also added two OLs after the previous coaches really dropped the ball there.

And they added a JUCO TE - go figure.

What we still have to see is about the DTs, another depleted area.

And the Teuhemas. Losing them would hurt, no getting around that.

But holding them and adding at least Poona (hopefully Nelson too) would be a fine job by my account in light of the timing, and the mess that was created over the Banquet weekend.

To this I will add here that the coaches are also piling up an impressive list of junior invites to date.

Who disagrees? And why? We will know alot more 24 hours from now (or so) but here is your chance to go on the record before all of that becomes official.

I'm probably beating a dead horse with my post but I'll give my input anyways. I've been impressed by not only the ability of Strong and his team of Coaches but also by Mack Brown. Yes, I said it. When you really look at everything that took place this year, it's amazing that Texas didn't lose more recruits. I think that is a testament to the kind of men that Mack and his crew were trying to bring in this year. With that said, every last remaining bit of the credit goes to Coach Strong and Co. I was initially concerned about the progressive rotating door I feared the Program would suffer after he was announced the Coach. Because lets be honest, he wasn't splashy hire that anyone was really hoping for. But through tenacity, perseverance and bit of old school grit, he's managed to not only maintain the program's ranking but build upon it. For every valuable recruit we've lost, he's seemingly found an equal or better candidate for the role. And while this may appear to be a very general and/or blanket statement, I think anyone who doesn't believe that Strong hasn't done a good job is failing to see the bigger picture.

having been on the bad side of multiple flips, it's never a good sign when a recruit stops talking to recruiting services.

We dont have a great history on the 'wait until NSD' idea.

Shiro Davis and Christian Scott come to mind.

Who else?

You folks still got your fax machines in good operational order?

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>We’re doing it big for <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23SigningDay&src=hash">#SigningDay</a> on <a href="https://twitter.com/LonghornNetwork">@LonghornNetwork</a>. Live from 8-12 as the faxes come in, and much more: <a href="http://t.co/6QIhAppist">http://t.co/6QIhAppist</a></p>— Max Olson (@max_olson) <a href="

">February 4, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

And there it is --

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Keller brothers Sione and Maea Teuhema have decommitted from Texas, per a source.</p>— Max Olson (@max_olson) <a href="

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Teuhemas have not committed to LSU yet. But I'd expect that tomorrow. Story coming.</p>— Max Olson (@max_olson) <a href="

We may be getting a transfer QB this class as well.

Edit -- Walk on from UH -- Bram Kohlhausen (played hs at Lamar, same school as Bonney)

Cue -- he will be moved to safety replies ......

Edited by Juan Grande

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>The Teuhemas have not committed to LSU yet. But I'd expect that tomorrow. Story coming.</p>— Max Olson (@max_olson) <a href="

Everything is just fine folks I know i'm negative etc etc

I just don't care for some reason. Out of nowhere I've become patient about this sort of thing, maybe because I only had kids in the past 2.5 years :)

It doesn't matter who comes or doesn't come this year. It was always about what we do on the field and that couldn't change until we suit up in September.

It isn't our coaching staff that are losing these recruits. It's the SEC (not even aggy, as they proved they have nothing to sell when they're on equal footing with us, see: history). We either need to win big or make a bold move hopefully with OU.

I haven't followed all the names in the 14 and 15 class until now, so I didn't know who the brothers were. An old ESPN article came up in an internet search. In that article, they were really close to committing to LSU back then. It's not so far-fetched that they would do so now, if they were that close back then.