Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Fired up!!!

Fedog

Ladies

I for one am so fired up with what is happening. We can complain about hires, etc but from what I have seen we are about to become a hard nosed, tough football team. I also thinK we will see a variation of the Okie Light system with Wickline at the healm. I was, as like many of you, nervous when the staff was hired because of the lack of "splash" names but if you watched the CS press conference you have to like what you see.

AT the end of the day, talent wins but you have to have accountability, the coach who makes you work hard, the coach who makes you a team. My dad was a coach in El paso for 40 years at the varsity high school basketball level and he finished his career as a golf coach for 20 years. Think about a few things. Golf teams in El paso? How can they possibly be any good? Well, I can say that his teams went to the state 5A golf championship 9 times. His team set a state tourney record for lowest score for 5A in 1996 and a state championship. My team finished second at state my senior year. THe point is that even though he is not a great golfer, he made us work harder than anyone. He beat us down and brought us back up. He demanded excellence, practice, mental preparedness and because of this, even though we were a lonely team from El Paso, we feared noone. We did have some nice talent all those years and he always said I am a much better coach when I have talent but I can take mediocre talent and make them good and more than anything else, make them believe in themselves.

This is what I think CS brings to the table. Not comparing the two but I think a team revolves around a few things. Talent, toughness, accountability. We have lacked the last two for quite some time. Footbal is about execution and not a spread vs pro style. If players buy in, work hard and fight as a team, I dont care what scheme you have, you will be successful.

Sorry for the rant, but I am fired up with CS and what he is bringing. It may take another year for him to get going but he is what we have needed and the staff he brought will make it happen.

Thoughts?

Ladies

I for one am so fired up with what is happening. We can complain about hires, etc but from what I have seen we are about to become a hard nosed, tough football team. I also thinK we will see a variation of the Okie Light system with Wickline at the healm. I was, as like many of you, nervous when the staff was hired because of the lack of "splash" names but if you watched the CS press conference you have to like what you see.

AT the end of the day, talent wins but you have to have accountability, the coach who makes you work hard, the coach who makes you a team. My dad was a coach in El paso for 40 years at the varsity high school basketball level and he finished his career as a golf coach for 20 years. Think about a few things. Golf teams in El paso? How can they possibly be any good? Well, I can say that his teams went to the state 5A golf championship 9 times. His team set a state tourney record for lowest score for 5A in 1996 and a state championship. My team finished second at state my senior year. THe point is that even though he is not a great golfer, he made us work harder than anyone. He beat us down and brought us back up. He demanded excellence, practice, mental preparedness and because of this, even though we were a lonely team from El Paso, we feared noone. We did have some nice talent all those years and he always said I am a much better coach when I have talent but I can take mediocre talent and make them good and more than anything else, make them believe in themselves.

This is what I think CS brings to the table. Not comparing the two but I think a team revolves around a few things. Talent, toughness, accountability. We have lacked the last two for quite some time. Footbal is about execution and not a spread vs pro style. If players buy in, work hard and fight as a team, I dont care what scheme you have, you will be successful.

Sorry for the rant, but I am fired up with CS and what he is bringing. It may take another year for him to get going but he is what we have needed and the staff he brought will make it happen.

Thoughts?

Dude, are you nuts?? You can't post stuff like that here. You'll upset the BMD's. Geez man.