Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

30 for 30 in works about 2006 Rose Bowl

beevomav

I hope they include ESPN various pronouncements to the effect that SoCal was the greatest team in the history of the universe.

And then some.

Remember their bracket?

Exactly. They had billed that USC team the best college team of all time. Some of the ESPN commentators even went so far as to say USC could beat several NFL teams at the time.

Then Texas happened.

The guy who won the Heisman, lost. The guy who should have won the Heisman, won. Lots of different storylines in the game that make it worthy of 30 for 30.

Well SoCal had won two national championships in a row, had the current and previous Heisman winners. Then there is what it took for Texas to win. The greatest performance in a championship game in the history of championships.

but...F@#K that..Texas won and with the great work done by the 30 for 30 group, it will be pure greatness.

I hope they get (and no doubt they will) plenty of interviews with the USC team members. I can't recall where I saw it, but one of the USC defensive players said that the first time the Texas offense walked up to the line of scrimmage, they were like "oh shit, these guys are big."

Went on to say how Vince was bigger and faster than their LBs. How the OL was big and nasty. They were very surprised at the team they met in the Rose Bowl, despite all the film they watched before hand.

A guy in my profession I know is/was a big USC fan, graduated from there. He was always talking noise about USC. Anyway, that year early in the season he approached me asking if I thought Texas was good enough to make it to the Rose to lose to USC. I laughed, said we'll see.

I saw him again right after we wasted Colorado in the Big 12 title game. His tone had changed drastically. He knew what was coming. :cool:

My golf coach is a die hard USC fan and attended that game, he told me about a week or so later the three starting LB's for USC were in the same restaurant where he was. He approached them and just casually asked about the game and they told them that VY was the best they had ever faced, and his size and speed made him almost impossible to tackle.

It is really a documentary on Pete Carroll and USC. They decided to focus more on that game during the production process, from what I understand.

I hope this isn't the case, it's not what I heard. I hope they ask that ahole Leinart why he said, "sometimes the best team doesn't win", after the game. What a tool.

You attended? $#@!, I hate you..

My dad (Texas Tom) took me. It was fantastic. I was even on the national game broadcast for about 1.34 seconds as they panned over the crowd. Our seats were two rows behind the Texas band. After Vince ran it in on 4th and 5, it was pandemonium. I was high giving and hugging people I'd never spoken a word to. The scene was glorious.

My dad (Texas Tom) took me. It was fantastic. I was even on the national game broadcast for about 1.34 seconds as they panned over the crowd. Our seats were two rows behind the Texas band. After Vince ran it in on 4th and 5, it was pandemonium. I was high giving and hugging people I'd never spoken a word to. The scene was glorious.

Yea, but then there was that whole resisting arrest thing and doing your Norma Desmond in front of the mug camera.

I hope this isn't the case, it's not what I heard. I hope they ask that ahole Leinart why he said, "sometimes the best team doesn't win", after the game. What a tool.

Sorry, but that is the case. It was to be a documentary about Carroll and the Bush scandal, but the scope was changed because USC didn't want to cooperate and it will indeed focus more on that game. Which is nice, but it is not being made from a Texas perspective.

Sorry, but that is the case. It was to be a documentary about Carroll and the Bush scandal, but the scope was changed because USC didn't want to cooperate and it will indeed focus more on that game. Which is nice, but it is not being made from a Texas perspective.

That's really unfortunate. It's widely considered to be the greatest College Football game of all time. I think they could have gotten away just covering the game itself with some snippets of the season leading up to it.

They could cover these Regular Season Games for Texas:

#4 Ohio State - W 25-22: Amazing Game.

Oklahoma - W 45-12: Shellacked our Rival.

Oklahoma State - W 47-28: Many don't remember that we were losing 28-12 at halftime. Amazing Comeback.

Colorado - W 70-3: Big 12 Championshp

They could cover these Regular Season Games for USC:

Arkansas - W 70-17: USC beat down an SEC team in Week 2.

Arizona State - W 38-28: USC was losing 21-3 at halftime. Great comeback.

#9 Notre Dame - W 34-31: USC won with the controversial "Bush Push".

#16 Fresno State - 50-42: USC was losing at halftime but rattled off 28 points in the 3rd Quarter.

Then they can show the one sided media coverage of the game. (They'd never do that)

You're welcome, by the way!!! ;)

I worked with a huge USC fan at the time. He kept saying that he didnt think we could put up 2 touchdowns no USC ,and that Vince would only get maybe 20 rushing yards on USC. Well, 2 days after the Big XII Championship he came to me, face kind of droopy, and said "My god, Colorado was actually decent, and you made them look like a Middle School team". I just looked at him and said "Dont worry, we wont make USC look like a Middle School team, I am sure they can muster as much of a fight as a High School team". He had no comeback. The day after the Rose Bowl, the Store Manager at Fry's where I worked in Austin, allowed any UT fan to wear UT caps and shirts as our work attire. He was a big UT fan also. We even had some UT stuff on sale for associates to buy. I bought a cap, and put it on the USC coworkers head. He didnt take it off his entire shift lol.