Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wickline To Call Plays

LinuxHorn

Honestly all I really needed to hear was Strong's philosophy on what he wants from the offense...

Would like to run the spread but the run game has to be involved. Stanford is a power team that runs, but they will spread it out. At Louisville had a good mixture. All about balance, that's what they want to see. Can talk about all the teams that throw the ball around, "but at the end of the day, if you can't line up, go downhill and punch somebody in the mouth then you're going to have issues.

Basically will do what needs to be done, but at the end of games or down by the goal when you have to run and can't that sucks and you lose.

i am ok with this. If he seriously was the play caller for OSU, we could be quite happy. we have quite a "class of beef" that redshirted last year and we are going to have a sick OL coach. I think this could all work out quite well. If we could dominate the line of scrimmage both directions, we may be quite good quite fast. I hope we take our pick of DL's and OL's going forward because everything else will work out fine with those guys leading the way. What running back doesn't want to run behind an incredible OL? What Receiver doesn't want to play on an Offense that is dominating the line of scrimmage and forcing Defense's to go man to man? etc etc. Seems like a very positive ripple effect.

Wickline has been a coach for over 30 years. I can't believe he has coached that long without learning how to put an offense together. Strong seems to be a coach that firmly believes if you win in the trenches your chances of winning the game goes up exponentially.