Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Brewer from Tech transferring

utisdabomb12

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, Tech's QB recruit for this year is probably going pro in baseball too. Tech might only have one scholarship QB next year, unless they pick up a transfer or late recruit.

Mayfields waiver application was denied so he isn't going to ouSuxx. He may be back at Tech if he can work things out with KK

Mayfields waiver application was denied so he isn't going to ouSuxx. He may be back at Tech if he can work things out with KK

ESPN reporting he's going to OU regardless of Tech's decision. He's willing to give up the year to make the switch.

As for Brewer, would love to have him. We need depth at QB desperately. I do not believe Brewer would unseat Ash, but on the other hand I really wonder how far into the schedule Ash can make it.

What if Ash is healthy? Does he backup Brewer? New regime, guess they can decide who fits the scheme best.

Obviously we're playing a what if game here but I'd say even if Ash is healthy, I'm concerned with putting the young man out on the field. He may have the physical ability to play. But I think that ability is diminishing with every hit he takes. I hate to say that about a kid. But yes you're right, only the coaching staff will know which guy is best for the system right away.

ESPN reporting he's going to OU regardless of Tech's decision. He's willing to give up the year to make the switch.

As for Brewer, would love to have him. We need depth at QB desperately. I do not believe Brewer would unseat Ash, but on the other hand I really wonder how far into the schedule Ash can make it.

This would make for an awesome storyline in say 2015 if both the Oklahoma and Texas Quarterbacks starting in the Red River Rivalry game were former Texas Tech transfers.

This would make for an awesome storyline in say 2015 if both the Oklahoma and Texas Quarterbacks starting in the Red River Rivalry game were former Texas Tech transfers.

Even if they both end up on the two teams, Mayfield won't be starting for OU with what Knight did against Alabama. And probably unlikely Brewer would be starting unless Ash was still having concussion issues. But we could still see it happen, when UT is up 42-0 in the third quarter and the reserves are put in! :D

• 4 weeks later...

I don't mind schools blocking transfers to certain schools for undergraduate student aths in most cases, if student aths were able to transfer without penalty it would create too much of a free agent feel. I don't agree with the ability to block transfers for guys who have graduated from the University..that just does not make sense to me, the guy has graduated..I also don't agree with the ability to block schools for a guy who wasn't on scholarship..what the heck? Tech wasn't going to give him one either from what I understand..

DENIED

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Former <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23TexasTech&src=hash">#TexasTech</a> QB Michael Brewer's appeal of transfer/contact restrictions has been denied by a panel of TTU's Athletic Council.</p>— Aaron Dickens (@AaronDickens) <a href="

">February 13, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

As usual with QB offers, Mack screwed up with Brewer. That said, I don't see how the sand ag athletic council plays a role in this. It would appear to me Brewer's transfer as a grad student is a Big 12 decision. The grad student transfer issue is relatively new, I wonder if the Big 12 has a ruling specific to grad students. It's unfair to apply undergrad rulings to grad transfers.

Seems to me the trend in America for years now has been toward players rights.

The mood in society is that the individual cannot be hampered from choice in things that affect his livelihood.

Would think some law suit is eventually going to overturn the ability of anyone to restrict a player -- amateur or pro -- from making these kinds of choices.

The grad student transfer issue is relatively new, I wonder if the Big 12 has a ruling specific to grad students. It's unfair to apply undergrad rulings to grad transfers.

Absolutely agree. I understand schools being able to restrict an undergrad transfer. But a graduate? That's not a transfer - kid is graduating, at which point his relationship with his undergrad school is over. Some lawyer needs to get all over this.

And Kingsbury is trying to justify Tech by saying he was fine with him transferring to another Texas school, just not one in the Big 12 (although Brewer said Tech wouldn't let him go to any TX school). If not the Big 12, what TX school? He's a legitimate Div I qb. Why go to a Div II or III school, or one of the lower tier schools? I have worked in higher ed in TX for 15 years, not including my graduate education at UT - no disrespect to TT grads, but the upper administration there never ceases to amaze me with their arrogance in terms of executive decisions when it comes to how the school is run. It's like they try and pretend they are equal to the big boys (UT and atm) by throwing their weight around.

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like maybe Virg Tech for Brewer now (they are also looking at Wittek).

Kliff is going to regret his policy. He is an arrogant young first time head coach, and his arrogance is going to bite him. He must be a real ass.....

Kingsbury was used as part of a clue on Jeopardy .....

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/QnTS_-ht-WU" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>