Find results in...

And so it begins...yet without an OC

KellyUT4Ever

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Today's the day-recruiting begins. You have no ties to Texas, and Sumlin and Briles are all over you. What does this offensive staff have to offer you that tells you this is the best offense for you? I don't see it. Good luck selling this to the recruits.

Please stop.

I think it's an honest question. We know that UT is better because we've lived it and been a part of it but 17 and 18 year old kids haven't. They want to know what kind of offense they'll be in plus Sumlin and Briles sure have some exciting looking offenses.

Please stop.

I kind of agree, he's bringing into two coaches, one is a decent QB coach coaching QBs and the other is a decent QB coach who he's bringing in to coach WRs? Neither are particularly known for recruiting. I'm also scratching my head.

He was doing so well until Watson and Koennig came into the picture. I'm trying to meet Strong halfway here, but he's making it real difficult with some of the names he's bringing in.

It's facts, for now. Like them or not-

Actually it's an opinion based on current circumstances. . .

Do people really think that we were not going to struggle with recruiting a bit with a coaching change? Perhaps the same people who bought the wannabe insider nonsense that Mack had "lost the team" . ..the relationship between coach and player/recruit is huge . .

Frankly. .I am about winning wars not battles. . .we knew (well anyone who's followed CFB for 15 minutes) there would be some stumbles but that is the battle. ..the war is winning on the field. . .

Couple observations for our ledge jumping friends. . .come signing day we'll land a good class. . .3 years from now we'll look back and say "hey. . .some really good football players. ..maybe Rivals isn't so accurate". ..

We have no way or knowing if we het have an OC or not. We only know it hasnt' been announced.

We seem to be installing the "chinese fire drill" offensive scheme. Unlike the "air raid" scheme which requires an OC, The chinese fire drill scheme allows for three different coaches directing the o-line in one scheme, the wr's another and the backs in an altogether different one. We seem to be about to perfect this scheme. Possibly, someone might want to take Coach Strong aside and remind him football is more akin to basketball and not golf. We want MORE points than the others, not less.

Wheels are still turning in the coaching world.

There are and have been other candidates out there.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>247Sports reporting that <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Rams&src=hash">#Rams</a> OC Brian Schottenheimer is interviewing today for the <a href="https://twitter.com/search?q=%23Vanderbilt&src=hash">#Vanderbilt</a> coaching job</p>— Bruce Feldman (@BFeldmanCBS) <a href="

">January 15, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Once the pro jobs all clear, there will be some good coaches left

We seem to be installing the "chinese fire drill" offensive scheme. Unlike the "air raid" scheme which requires an OC, The chinese fire drill scheme allows for three different coaches directing the o-line in one scheme, the wr's another and the backs in an altogether different one. We seem to be about to perfect this scheme. Possibly, someone might want to take Coach Strong aside and remind him football is more akin to basketball and not golf. We want MORE points than the others, not less.

You reminded me of this line by Wickline when rationalizing his decision for the Okies.

“I don’t want anybody to think that OSU is not a terrific place to live, to work,” Wickline said by phone.

“ … It was a scenario that I felt it was a good situation for me at the time — for me, right now, because of the dynamics of the way it’s set up (at Texas).

What exactly did he mean by that comment?

It's facts, for now. Like them or not-

No its not facts

Several of the coaches have Texas ties including the new WR coach, and the OL coach has recruited Texas for years

The rest of it is your opinion, don't try and sell it as fact, its not

Now go jump off a cliff or pull for another team

Today's the day-recruiting begins. You have no ties to Texas, and Sumlin and Briles are all over you. What does this offensive staff have to offer you that tells you this is the best offense for you? I don't see it. Good luck selling this to the recruits.

A lot of of people are not taking into consideration the new changes that Charlie Stong is implementing in to program. Parents love Strong because of what he does with these young men. Parents (most) have a huge impact on decision.

Oh the sky is falling!

Just FYI, the dead period doesn't end until midnight tonight.

2 things I have seen repeated on message boards since last night

1) UT will struggle in recruiting

2) UT will suck on offense (obviously completely forgetting the Wickline hire and what a good to great O-line will do for a team)

Neither one of those is remotely facts. UT is getting the culture change soooooo many wanted, and yet the crying has already started on this coach/staff before they even hit the ground