Find results in...

Now you Know...

Shaunsters

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

With all due respect to the BMD's. Are these the sameone's who stood by & supported that mess we say on the field for 4 yrs? I don't think I will get my football advice from those guys.

Absolutely, and flashy offenses don't win titles. Great defenses do. Personally, I think we have a very solid offensive staff. You want flashy with no D, go support tt or Baylor.

As for the supposed BMD's that "don't like the hire, IMO they can go to h###.

Oh, and for the "hard headed" part by Shaunsters, if he thinks Strong is hard headed, what if the pipe dream of Saban had come true? Talk about a hard head lol.

Edited by Bevo11

Don't understand the criticism you are receiving in this thread. It doesn't have to be this hard but Charlie is shooting himself in the foot with his stubborn attitude on the offensive side of the ball.

Hopefully he gets it ironed out but it is a little concerning considering that the dead period is coming to a close and signing day looms.

Sorry, but you've paraded this same message around every Texas board on the internet and you haven't convinced a single person that is enthused, optimistic, and excited about the new beginnings in our football program.

Ok dizz. I'll remember these words when we are a mid tier offense in the big 12.

You think recruits know the current group of guys we have. We lost Lo joe with these hires and porter. Hermann is hard on heard to visit next weekend. Better hope he dosent. If he does he will be gone. I know he loves Texas but watch out

If Heard is stupid enough to get behind 3 other qbs with our depth chart, I'm not sure what to think. I doubt he is.

Not all BMDs wanted Saban, especially one of the biggest. We were repeatedly fed the company line of its Saban and there is no No. 2...BS.

Strong has came in and w/ Patterson's help and has plugged the leaks better than the lil Dutch Boy....anyone else notice how silent the "Insiders" have been lately w/ their "inside" info. They are in the same boat as the rest of us, actually it's like they always have been...

I came to this site for one reason and I have stayed for an entirely different reason...friendly disagreements. Insiders don't like to be called out and the rest of us don't like being told we don't have a clue.

I think (I hope) that we all have the same goal and that is for Strong and the 'Horns to be successful.

Since the banquet weekend I have learned to take all info w/ a grain of salt. I haven't disagreed w/ any of the hires, just people's perception of who is a great hire.

If you disagree w/ my thoughts on Strong and his hires then that is what the board is all about.

First, for the post in the thread that said those who wanted Saban badly are hoping this all fails - at least with regard to me, who wanted Saban pretty badly at UT, that's an incorrect conclusion. I'm pretty excited about this staff. Strong is a good man to have at the top as he sets the tone for the whole operation. OSU and the 40 yr old man paid Wickline a handsome sum to concentrate his focus on an OL that would make them an elite team. Well, it worked. Otherwise, he's an OC some time ago. It's his time now.

As for the "insider" thing, I never was one. I passed along info that I heard. I've been silent lately mostly because despite my intent being true with passing along info, I hated letting people down when it proved to be wrong. I have strong feelings about not letting people down, so I'm going back to being a landscaper and poster and will occasionally share some things, but nothing like I was doing during the coaching search. I'll leave that to folks who are much better at it than I ever would be anyway.

As far as I'm concerned, let's move the thing forward and build our program back to where it's supposed to be. Saban isn't here to do it, but I'm pretty confident Strong will end up being very successful here. I can't wait until he enters the Cotton Bowl for the first time and puts Stoops in a head-lock at mid field.

Why there are still BMD that didn't like the Strong hire.

They knew Strong was very hard headed and not open to change. Enjoy this offensive staff we have. It's sub par. Wickline is a guy a Dallas area BMD had to offer to pay the buyout just to get him.

This will be a grind it out play good D team. Which in theory sounds good. But don't expect top 10 offensive guys to look this way... Unless by chance Heard can be VY like

Writing stuff like this makes you sound petulant and butt hurt. You got the Saban stuff wrong, oh well. It's time to support Coach Strong and see what type of offense he puts on the field next year. I'm personally, hoping Watson gets called to the NFL (Lions QB coach) and Robinson goes to the Titans (RB Coach), which will potentially open the door for 2 more well-known recruiters (Porter, Brewster)...Who knows.

Edited by DMV Horn

Could it be that those HR OC hires are not such a "slam-dunk" as we think or thought? I suspect all of them hope and expect to be a HC in the very near future and switching to an unknown like the "current" Texas (across the board talent is marginal at best) might be a riskier career move than staying-put where they have obviously succeeded or they would not be considered an HR hire to begin with.

That is an interesting assertion. I'm going to have to heartily disagree with it.

Let's start on offense - I think the following players would play for any team in the conference:

Jaxon Shipley

David Ash

J. Gray

M. Brown

Daje Johnson

Geoff Swaim

Josh Cochran

Trey Hopkins

And on defense we have:

Cedric Reed

Malcom Brown

Peter Jinkens

Jordan Hicks

Duke Thomas

Quandre Diggs

Dalton Santos

I don't know what team you are comparing these players to, but they are hardly marginal.

Writing stuff like this makes you sound petulant and butt hurt. You got the Saban stuff wrong, oh well. It's time to support Coach Strong and see what type of offense he puts on the field next year. I'm personally, hoping Watson gewts called to the NFL (Lions QB coach) and Robinson goes tot he Titans (RB Coach), which will potentially open the door for 2 more well-known recruiters (Porter, Brewster)...Who knows.

I would LOVE to have Brewster.

That is an interesting assertion. I'm going to have to heartily disagree with it.

Let's start on offense - I think the following players would play for any team in the conference:

Jaxon Shipley

David Ash

J. Gray

M. Brown

Daje Johnson

Geoff Swaim

Josh Cochran

Trey Hopkins

And on defense we have:

Cedric Reed

Malcom Brown

Peter Jinkens

Jordan Hicks

Duke Thomas

Quandre Diggs

Dalton Santos

I don't know what team you are comparing these players to, but they are hardly marginal.

I think we have some talent, but HUGE question marks as well in very key areas.

First of all...

Jaxon Shipley - agreed

David Ash - we are hoping he comes back and is ready to go.

J. Gray - there is a good chance he red shirts next year due to the type of injury. Those take a long time to get properly healed.

M. Brown - agreed

Daje Johnson - there is a chance he never plays again.

Geoff Swaim - Good Blocker, hands of bricks

Josh Cochran - has given up football.

Trey Hopkins - agreed

Cedric Reed - agreed

Malcom Brown - agreed

Peter Jinkens - Maybe

Jordan Hicks - agreed

Duke Thomas - Was burned a lot last year, but should improve

Quandre Diggs - agreed

Dalton Santos - Maybe

Overall I agree though. I think we have strength at WR beyond Shipley as well. At Running Back we are good even if Gray has to sit out a year.

My biggest question mark is QB. IF Ash comes back or if one of the young bucks steps up we will be good to go.

Why there are still BMD that didn't like the Strong hire.

They knew Strong was very hard headed and not open to change. Enjoy this offensive staff we have. It's sub par. Wickline is a guy a Dallas area BMD had to offer to pay the buyout just to get him.

This will be a grind it out play good D team. Which in theory sounds good. But don't expect top 10 offensive guys to look this way... Unless by chance Heard can be VY like

Get over yourself. Last predictions were a swing and a miss from you and your BMD. Not your fault, but if you're a Horn, you get on board or quit posting your "Amadeus" football predictions.

Shaunters initial post on the Strong hire...in case you missed it.

First off I want to apologize for not being around last night... I had a personal matter to take care of... Tied me down from about 7-12.

I know a certain BMD is not happy about the strong hire at all. Chances are he will most likely pull his donations. Mad is not even the right word he is livid.

Strong is not the right hire, it's a rushed hire by Patterson cause he was feeling the heat and nervousness that he might missed on Fisher and Saban. I love what Nuuf posted on Obloods basically confirming what we were reporting for weeks. Yet got laughed at. Texas was still on Saban up until like NYE. Then things got quiet. All the BMD besides Jamail wanted Saban. Patterson got nervous, which he shouldn't have. You have to stay strong. Worst case he could have gotten Gruden.

Patterson got supported by the bug guys to get Saban or a big name. Then he settles for Strong and his whole sub-par staff. There are a lot of unhappy people right now. How dare Bellmont leak the strong info when it wasn't finalized.

Strong will most likely end up as coach. But the stuff in the background is as unsettled as ever. People are not happy with Patterson.

Thanks everyone for being a part of Hornsports and realizing we post what we here when we here it.

...what in the world is this? talk about incomprehensible. what! so, are you actually stating that the hiring of our new head coach, is a complete mistake upon all fronts?

Ok dizz. I'll remember these words when we are a mid tier offense in the big 12.

You think recruits know the current group of guys we have. We lost Lo joe with these hires and porter. Hermann is hard on heard to visit next weekend. Better hope he dosent. If he does he will be gone. I know he loves Texas but watch out

Shaunsters, I think you are over reacting. We will see in the next few weeks regarding those two recruits.

I am concerned with the direction our offense may be heading. If it will be an exciting up tempo offense like Charlie promised in his first press conference, then we will do well. If it turns out to be a boring plodding offense that is there to support the defense, then I don't think Charlie will be here in five years. Hopefully he can learn from Muschamp's mistakes.

The next "insider" post that offers a substantial amount of accurate info on this site will be the first. That goes for the other sites as well to an extent. The BMD's along with Dodds and Powers allowed the program to get to where we are today so I will take any input they have on the football program as big money bs and ego talk. Let Strong build his staff and coach this team then see where we are two years from now. It can't be any worse than where we were.

The next "insider" post that offers a substantial amount of accurate info on this site will be the first. That goes for the other sites as well to an extent. The BMD's along with Dodds and Powers allowed the program to get to where we are today so I will take any input they have on the football program as big money bs and ego talk. Let Strong build his staff and coach this team then see where we are two years from now. It can't be any worse than where we were.

That's a classic first sentence, friend.

...what in the world is this? talk about incomprehensible. what! so, are you actually stating that the hiring of our new head coach, is a complete mistake upon all fronts?

Thee quote was from Shaunters when Strong was hired. Just the first line was mine. I'll see if I can edit to make more clear.