Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now you Know...

Shaunsters

What if Strong announces they are going to run the spread option with emphasis on the run a la the '06 and '08 Florida teams? He has the knowledge and experience in Wickline and Watson necessary to implement this scheme.

Either way, we have no idea what his plans are for the offense. We can speculate based on history, which is fair. But let's not rush to judgment until we get all the details.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I feel those who wanted Saban sooo bad want us to fail so they can feel vindicated by following random info. Once again, not a single game has been played.

It does sort of look that way doesn't it. If so, maybe they should quit pouting, STFU and wait and see what will happen like the rest of us.

Edited by UTK66

Unless the posters on this board are football coaches, former coaches, or have been involved in hiring football coaches, and can objectively evaluate football personnel decisions and football coaching talent, then I would let our FOOTBALL COACH make the decisions on who belongs on his staff.

Someone also said Coach Strong was being hard-headed.....how the heck do you know that? Have you had conversations with him or know someone who has confirmed that? If not, then quit speculating about why he has not chosen an OC.

Edited by betogonzalez

Ok dizz. I'll remember these words when we are a mid tier offense in the big 12.

You think recruits know the current group of guys we have. We lost Lo joe with these hires and porter. Hermann is hard on heard to visit next weekend. Better hope he dosent. If he does he will be gone. I know he loves Texas but watch out

I appreciate your posts but you didnt like Strong at all from day one so I think some opinion is being blurred in with what other people think. There are some BMD's out there that actually like strong per some reports. Others may be butthurt but I frankly dont really care. The Saban train has sailed, and its not like he would have run a spread offense here full of flash, or wouldnt have wanted to be a defense first football team...so its funny to hear these complaints now when Charlie Strong will prob be more willing to open things up more on offense than Saban would have.

Maybe you are right on Heard but you're the only one out there saying UT is in trouble right now with him. Im not a Burton fan but he does know recruiting if anything and claims Heard is all Texas tonight. I dont get wrapped up much in predicting recruiting anymore so will see how it turns out

Edited by DizzG

This really is coming across as you being bitter about the hire.

And I think you're a better person than this.

This could not be further from the truth. If you all have understood anything from any BMD camp, you would understand how many layers of an onion that represents Belmont.

It is only because on the BMD's that Shaunters mentions that we have a new HC in the first place.

Unless the posters on this board are football coaches, former coaches, or have been involved in hiring football coaches, and can objectively evaluate football personnel decisions and football coaching talent, then I would let our FOOTBALL COACH makes the decisions on who belongs on his staff.

Someone also said Coach Strong was being hard-headed.....how the heck do you know that? Have you had conversations with him or know someone who has confirmed that? If not, then quit speculating about why he has not chosen an OC.

This!!!! Would love to hear football resume of some posters!

This could not be further from the truth. If you all have understood anything from any BMD camp, you would understand how many layers of an onion that represents Belmont.

It is only because on the BMD's that Shaunters mentions that we have a new HC in the first place.

I agree with you to an extent McPhaul. The BMD's did force the change and I think we can all agree that we are thankful. But it also appears that some of these BMD's are slightly petulant that they didn't get their way on the hire. Starting a post with this title, and basically saying I told you so, does come across as bitter.

Just my .02 cents

It can also be said that it is because of some BMDs, which had Mack's back, that we languished for 4 years in mediocrity with little or no accountability. I think it cuts both ways. Those that wanted a culture change in the football program got it by helping hire Patterson but may not have expected the BMD culture to take a hit too. Times be a changing.

With all due respect to the BMD's. Are these the sameone's who stood by & supported that mess we say on the field for 4 yrs? I don't think I will get my football advice from those guys.

If not for the BMD's, Mack would still be here and that is a fact. Powers and Patterson were fine with keeping things the way they have been the last 4 years, if the BMD's hadn't said enough with this crap Mack might have finished his contract out. They tried to get him to step down after the 2012 season, he had Dodds backing and said no. They had to step in and do the right thing after last season because Powers bought in to what Mack was telling him and left it up to Mack to retire or come back.

Is English your first language?

Disagree completely. It will be a power spead offense built around a tough running game and the ability to open it up in the passing game. Schemes have changed over many years, but in the end, this game is won at the LOS and on defense before it's ever in the hands of a high flying athlete who can throw or catch the ball. Look no further than our step-children in College Station. Hiesman winner, MNC hopes, regressing O-line, terrible defense, lost 4 games.

Why there are still BMD that didn't like the Strong hire.

They knew Strong was very hard headed and not open to change. Enjoy this offensive staff we have. It's sub par. Wickline is a guy a Dallas area BMD had to offer to pay the buyout just to get him.

This will be a grind it out play good D team. Which in theory sounds good. But don't expect top 10 offensive guys to look this way... Unless by chance Heard can be VY like

We get it, you hate the hire. Let it play out before you start throwing stones.

Shaunters initial post on the Strong hire...in case you missed it.

First off I want to apologize for not being around last night... I had a personal matter to take care of... Tied me down from about 7-12.

I know a certain BMD is not happy about the strong hire at all. Chances are he will most likely pull his donations. Mad is not even the right word he is livid.

Strong is not the right hire, it's a rushed hire by Patterson cause he was feeling the heat and nervousness that he might missed on Fisher and Saban. I love what Nuuf posted on Obloods basically confirming what we were reporting for weeks. Yet got laughed at. Texas was still on Saban up until like NYE. Then things got quiet. All the BMD besides Jamail wanted Saban. Patterson got nervous, which he shouldn't have. You have to stay strong. Worst case he could have gotten Gruden.

Patterson got supported by the bug guys to get Saban or a big name. Then he settles for Strong and his whole sub-par staff. There are a lot of unhappy people right now. How dare Bellmont leak the strong info when it wasn't finalized.

Strong will most likely end up as coach. But the stuff in the background is as unsettled as ever. People are not happy with Patterson.

Thanks everyone for being a part of Hornsports and realizing we post what we here when we here it.

Edited by RunningHorn

This really is coming across as you being bitter about the hire.

And I think you're a better person than this.

This is how I see it too. There are camps that didn't like the hire for whatever reason and will look for or fabricate reasons to support that assertion.

I wish the naysayers could just keep an open mind and support the coach. We haven't even had a spring game yet.

I will give it a chance but on the surface these hires are very meh.

People are clinging onto Wickline like static hoping he can implement systems etc. Facts are Wickline hasn't been an OC in a quarter of a century and has been passed over in Stillwater if he had the capabilities to do such a thing.

Watson and Koennig are guys in their 50s with no track record of putting together a prolific spread attack.

Lots of hoping and wishing over the rainbow with this offensive staff. Finally, can these skill coaches recruit? Can they lure skill kids to want to play in the offense they are selling over the offenses of Baylor, Tech, Aggy, OSU and OU. All of whom run spread offenses that are the models to follow around the country for cutting edge offensive football.

Edited by CoachBobbyFinstock

Not all BMDs wanted Saban, especially one of the biggest. We were repeatedly fed the company line of its Saban and there is no No. 2...BS.

Strong has came in and w/ Patterson's help and has plugged the leaks better than the lil Dutch Boy....anyone else notice how silent the "Insiders" have been lately w/ their "inside" info. They are in the same boat as the rest of us, actually it's like they always have been...

I came to this site for one reason and I have stayed for an entirely different reason...friendly disagreements. Insiders don't like to be called out and the rest of us don't like being told we don't have a clue.

I think (I hope) that we all have the same goal and that is for Strong and the 'Horns to be successful.

Since the banquet weekend I have learned to take all info w/ a grain of salt. I haven't disagreed w/ any of the hires, just people's perception of who is a great hire.

If you disagree w/ my thoughts on Strong and his hires then that is what the board is all about.