Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Now you Know...

Shaunsters

Why there are still BMD that didn't like the Strong hire.

They knew Strong was very hard headed and not open to change. Enjoy this offensive staff we have. It's sub par. Wickline is a guy a Dallas area BMD had to offer to pay the buyout just to get him.

This will be a grind it out play good D team. Which in theory sounds good. But don't expect top 10 offensive guys to look this way... Unless by chance Heard can be VY like

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it is the BMDs that seem to have been resisting change and being hard headed for a few years.

Would I like a HR hire at OC? Sure, who wouldn't. However I have seen a very solid group of position coaches be brought in.

What kind of offense do these guys think someone like Saban would have brought. Do they seriously think he would have went spread?

no offense but Yawn. Strong so far as been a breath of fresh air from whats being reported as compared to the last multiple years. I really dont give a shit at this point that some rich ass people cant get over it, and dont want to give this guy a complete chance.

and if Wickline does his job Texas is going to be REALLY good on offense even if someone from this message board where calling plays

People who are doubting strong at this point are going to look very very foolish soon IMO

They knew Strong was very hard headed and not open to change. Enjoy this offensive staff we have. It's sub par. Wickline is a guy a Dallas area BMD had to offer to pay the buyout just to get him.

This will be a grind it out play good D team. Which in theory sounds good. But don't expect top 10 offensive guys to look this way... Unless by chance Heard can be VY like

Don't understand the criticism you are receiving in this thread. It doesn't have to be this hard but Charlie is shooting himself in the foot with his stubborn attitude on the offensive side of the ball.

Hopefully he gets it ironed out but it is a little concerning considering that the dead period is coming to a close and signing day looms.

...what? actually, it was our foremost impression, that the texas bmd's had a propositioned candidate that they wanted hired. most of us members (myself included) had no earthly idea, that our bmd's had any prior intimate knowledge pertaining to our new head coach charlie strong. i for one, thought that his hiring as a bit of a shock to most... if not all texas bmd's. is this not true? shaunster's are you hereby indicating that there was a hidden agenda bmd wise, in regards to the actual hiring of charlie strong?

Edited by monarch

Boo Freaking Hoo

I don't think he is being stubborn, I think he has a philosophy on offense that differs from the one (btw it's that one that old NS believed in) that everyone feels he should have because it's what they like. I don't care about splash, flash, or whatever the hell else people call it. It's about motivating these young men to greatness...If four blue haired sixty year old widows could do the job, I'd give it to them...I hate the lame argument that recruits won't come because of this or that....based on what, your personal experience, or based on what you read on one of these board? BLAH...

This really is coming across as you being bitter about the hire.

And I think you're a better person than this.

I think it is the BMDs that seem to have been resisting change and being hard headed for a few years.

Would I like a HR hire at OC? Sure, who wouldn't. However I have seen a very solid group of position coaches be brought in.

What kind of offense do these guys think someone like Saban would have brought. Do they seriously think he would have went spread?

Besides Wickline given Robinson is looking at a NFL Job, who are the great offensive staff coaches? This is worse than what we have had the last 3 years for offensive coaches. Sh**, this is worse than the Greg Davis years. That looks great comparatively.

There will be BMD's that resist this hire because they won't have the access they had before. CS is a football coach first and doesn't care about the politics like our last coach did. He has put together a staff that is overall an upgrade of what we have had over the last few years. He has a system, let him but it into place before we bash it.

Ok dizz. I'll remember these words when we are a mid tier offense in the big 12.

You think recruits know the current group of guys we have. We lost Lo joe with these hires and porter. Hermann is hard on heard to visit next weekend. Better hope he dosent. If he does he will be gone. I know he loves Texas but watch out

If Wickline produces a great OL, I don't care what kind of offense Texas runs, because it will be successful.

I agree football is won in the trenches and a good qb. We also have the potential to have an amazing run game and returning wrs. We will get the right recruits because we are texas.

Just curious...how do we know CS is being hard-headed and stubborn? Do any of us know how the interviews and negotiations for position coaches and an OC is going or has gone?

Could it be that those HR OC hires are not such a "slam-dunk" as we think or thought? I suspect all of them hope and expect to be a HC in the very near future and switching to an unknown like the "current" Texas (across the board talent is marginal at best) might be a riskier career move than staying-put where they have obviously succeeded or they would not be considered an HR hire to begin with.

Some are assuming that Watson has always been CS's OC of choice and is only going through the motion of hiring a new OC to appease the masses and will catch less grief when he finally announces him as OC or CO-OC. Really? How do we know that Wyatt was not interested in sticking around because he wants an OC job now and said as much to CS? CS may not have wanted to keep a coach that he knows is looking to bolt at the first OC opportunity that comes his way.

All this to say again...how do we know so well that CS is just being hard-headed and stubborn? Enlighten me on how we know this so well but are basically grasping at straws on who the next hire is going to be because the leaks have all but stopped. CS and Patterson have obviously put a lid on it and I for one am glad they have.

Edited by JKW-Hook 'em

Ok dizz. I'll remember these words when we are a mid tier offense in the big 12.

You think recruits know the current group of guys we have. We lost Lo joe with these hires and porter. Hermann is hard on heard to visit next weekend. Better hope he dosent. If he does he will be gone. I know he loves Texas but watch out

Hate to hear that. Both would be huge losses for the future. They are the hope for turning the offense around. Cannot crater this offense or we go back to Fred/McWilliams steps again in rebuilding.