Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Les Koenning ?

MBHORNSFAN

Les Koenning is not known to be a strong recruiter. Also have you seen MSU offense the past few yrs. Just awful. Also he is no going to be able to relate to WR recruits at all. He makes Mack Brown look young I will leave it at that.

Sorry to burst your bubble but Koenning knows this state backwards and forwards. He will do just fine in recruiting.

Some if y'all switch emotions more than pms'ing women. If you say you are "100%" supporting strong then do it. So tired of this wishy washy fan crap. Anybody coached a team to a bcs game? Exactly. Hush and give this a chance. This team has yet to play a strong coached game. Give it time then judge.

Les Koenning is not known to be a strong recruiter. Also have you seen MSU offense the past few yrs. Just awful. Also he is no going to be able to relate to WR recruits at all. He makes Mack Brown look young I will leave it at that.

Yeah no joke. I just had to look him up a bit and I am concerned. He has not even worked with WR since 1996! He has been the OC/QB coach for MSU and it looks pretty dreadful. He doesn't really know the spread at all.

This hire has me confused a bit. At this point I hope it ONLY the WR position he coaches and even that is a concern.

Here is an article, where they are trying to defend him a bit. However in my opinion make him look even worse...

http://www.forwhomthecowbelltolls.com/football/2013/9/5/4695032/msu-offensive-coordinator-scapegoat-and-modern-hiring-problems

has anyone else remotely confirmed this outside Orangebloods? I trust strong but this feels like some trolling going on. Its hard to believe this is the missing piece Higdon and others had mentioned and just came out of nowhere tonight

has anyone else remotely confirmed this outside Orangebloods? I trust strong but this feels like some trolling going on. Its hard to believe this is the missing piece Higdon and others had mentioned and just came out of nowhere tonight

Dizz you are a weird dude. Maybe Higdon is full of crap or completely whiffed. I'll take OB's reporting over that Higdon clown. Strong just made and underwhelming hire. Time to accept this is the best it gets.

Dizz you are a weird dude. Maybe Higdon is full of crap or completely whiffed. I'll take OB's reporting over that Higdon clown. Strong just made and underwhelming hire. Time to accept this is the best it gets.

Until I see a press release I dont think anyone has anything locked down at the moment. No one else is reporting this so guess we will find out soon. I dont think on paper he sucks but it doesnt seem to fit. The only reason people followed Higdon is he's prob been the most accurate through the coaching hires, was a legit guy working for Fox Sports, and multiple people including Ketchum claimed he had a tie in to Charlie Strong. Dont know if something different is coming but this hire doesnt even really add up unless more is to come....esp if Watson leaves for a NFL job

Ah, so OB is the infallible holder of "sources" that needs no confirmation whereas the Hidgon guy, or anyone else for that matter, can be dismissed without a second thought. OB has really been on top of it this past month, wouldn't you say? What a joke. I'm with DizzG on this one.

Again, so much overreaction. Koenning knows the state of Texas backwards and forwards in recruiting. You have to make a hire that works with the overall system and Strong's coaching style. If Koenning works best in Strong's system, I have no problem with the hire. You guys act like he's a joke, when he's been hired by major college football programs and several NFL teams for over 3 decades. Never seen so much overreaction in my life. Is Koenning a "splash hire" on paper? No, but who really cares. How did those splash hires work out over the past few years for Texas? You have to hire coaches that bring synergy to the team.

He was a helluva player for Hampshire-Fannett back in the day and his dad was the HC.

Played QB for Texas didn't he?

Have no idea what he has been up to...would rather have Todd Dodge. Whatever happened to his counterpart Brent Duhon?

Les played at Texas in the late 70's and early 80's. He was a teammate of Bedford. His dad Les Sr was a well known high school coach in Texas. I remember he coached at Cy Creek and later at Houston Memorial. I think his name will get him into a lot if high schools because coaches know him. Not sure how good of a closer he is however.