Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have we been scamed on the OC

orangeflow

If the head of the beast is Strong-Bedford-Watson -- did we just pay to transport the Louisville staff here?

Or, even if those 3 are on top in Austin, are the additions of Wickline, Rumph, Robinson and Vaughn enough to alter that perception/reality?

It's not an idle question - recruiting is here -- perceptions do matter.

What do y'all think?

well, the head of the beast went 23-3 the last two years. now transport the head of the beast to the middle of the happy hunting grounds for football recruits, let the head of the beast have access to resources that they've never had access to before (except in their wet dreams), and an alumni base that is beyond compare and see what the head of the beast can accomplish.

And why don't we try to do this for a little while BEFORE we decide to second guess him and to nit pick pick him to death, or tar him and feather him and ride him out of town on a rail.

yeah, the head of the beast went 23-3 the last two years. at fricking LOUISVILLE!

I hear what you're saying Pancho, but 95% of posts on message boards are based on incomplete information, false information and/or speculation - including the glowing praise. If you left the posting to people with deep and accurate knowledge, we wouldn't have anything left to read.

And to your point - nobody should ever get MAD over something they read on a message board!

Nor should anyone get mad about a guy who hasn't been hired.

well, the head of the beast went 23-3 the last two years. .....!

I guess I think that is a much more interesting question than you do.

Wickline at Texas has to look extremely appealing to 4 and 5* OL talent.

I will also partially concede the Heisman aura might be enough to snag us a top tier QB (or two). Maybe. We will see.

But, let's say you are top shelf skill position in-state offensive talent. The best of the best. How do the Baylor and aggy offenses look to you, compared to the more pedestrian Louisville offense of the last 3 years? These next two classes will tell that story.

I will also partially concede the Heisman aura might be enough to snag us a top tier QB (or two). Maybe. We will see.

But, let's say you are top shelf skill position in-state offensive talent. The best of the best. How do the Baylor and aggy offenses look to you, compared to the more pedestrian Louisville offense of the last 3 years? These next two classes will tell that story.

Winning means the most.

Bama does very well recruiting with that punch mouth offense.

I think its a lot more complicated than " How does the offense look"

Its also about the school, the academics, the location and feel, how you feel about the coaching staff and what hx does the school have of getting people into the league. And often, its about winning and the experience.

To say BU has an advantage is, imho, just wrong. They have upgraded, but they are still BU. We have the potential to win big and win soon and we are still Texas with a rich history and tradition.

Aggy has definitely improved, but let see how they do the next few yrs now that JFF is gone, and see if the luster comes off that program.

All programs cycle, hopefully we are about to upcycle, that is Strongs job, to bring us back to prominence .

Edited by DocHorn

we hired a coach to run the football program. if he chooses watson, get behind it. if he chooses someone else, get behind him.

he doesn't need to be micromanaged, by the AD or the message boards.

scammed? my, aren't we feeling entitled.

Seriously though, aren't we all somewhat guilty of micromanaging and/or feeling entitled when it comes to something we're passionate about, aka Longhorn football. I for one am entirely guilty of yelling at Coach or Case/Ash/Tyrone from the T.V. or the stands when they do something I seem to think is idiotic. Whether it was or not is besides the point. We all at some point think, even if for a split second, that we can run this show better than Coach.