Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Have we been scamed on the OC

orangeflow

Watson is Stongs guy...But wait we were promised a HR hire. Enters Patterson..Charlie we need a HR hire....Watson isn't a HR hire but he is Charlies guy. Paint a picture of looking at OC's-drag.... it out....Watson it seems is NOT being looked at or wanted by any college or Univ. How can Charlie bring him over...Lets make Watson a QB coach..Get him over but not much fallout will happen...then make your new OL coach the co- run OC......bring in a WR coach....then guess what...Watson is the passing co/OC..So how do you co-ordinate...Someone has to call the plays.............WATSON...Charlie gets his way.

All complete speculation at this point without any proof or facts. Nobody knows how this is going down i.e. "Enters Patterson..Charlie we need a HR hire." It's been reported that Watson is in the running for a few NFL OC gigs...which I doubt...but again, nobody actually knows anything.

Let's please refrain from presenting what's been speculated as fact. It's abundantly clear that nothing IT, 247, OB's or anyone else says can be taken as factual information right now. Relax and wait for this to play out.

Recall... if most of us had gotten our way, Nick would be here now, along with Lane Kiffin. Agree w/Slim. Let's let the man build his staff.

Could it be that Charlie Strong knows more about building a coaching staff than a bunch of self-appointed Texas message board gurus (counting myself in that lot)?

Opinions are like navels, we've all got one, and it's great that we can share said opinions.

Just lets give Strong the benefit until he gives us reason(s) on the field not to.

Ugh, yeah just look at how panic stricken was when they though it was Watson at first. Oh wait that did not happen. Now that it may happen again people go nuts again.

So let me put it this way. Debating a choice is one thing and you are right nothing wrong with that. However getting all upset about something that may not even happen is foolish. This OP was doing just that. Some people want to condemn Charlie for a choice that we don't even know about.

Personally I like watching the panic. It is actually pretty funny to watch people go nuts and then when something doesn't happen they all of the sudden disappear.

we hired a coach to run the football program. if he chooses watson, get behind it. if he chooses someone else, get behind him.

he doesn't need to be micromanaged, by the AD or the message boards.

scammed? my, aren't we feeling entitled.

We're all entitled to an opinion and the freedom to either get behind a decision or critique it. We're not soldiers on the front lines here - we're a bunch of knuckleheads discussing our passion. If you object to people expressing their opinions and frustrations, you may be in the wrong place.

Not that I agree with the OP. I'm sure those making the decisions care far less about what info gets onto message boards than we think. These guys have much more important things to do than manage message board perceptions.

Ugh, yeah just look at how panic stricken was when they though it was Watson at first. Oh wait that did not happen. Now that it may happen again people go nuts again.

So let me put it this way. Debating a choice is one thing and you are right nothing wrong with that. However getting all upset about something that may not even happen is foolish. This OP was doing just that. Some people want to condemn Charlie for a choice that we don't even know about.

Personally I like watching the panic. It is actually pretty funny to watch people go nuts and then when something doesn't happen they all of the sudden disappear.

I get what you're saying. I just think it's good for traffic and I, too, like to watch people get all worked up. At least they are passionate about their Longhorns. That's fine by me. :)

We're all entitled to an opinion and the freedom to either get behind a decision or critique it. We're not soldiers on the front lines here - we're a bunch of knuckleheads discussing our passion. If you object to people expressing their opinions and frustrations, you may be in the wrong place.

Not that I agree with the OP. I'm sure those making the decisions care far less about what info gets onto message boards than we think. These guys have much more important things to do than manage message board perceptions.

I don't think that's the point. I think the point is critiquing a decision about Strong making a hire without knowing everything that was involved in making the decision to go with said hire. The problem is people get mad over a decision but they don't know the back story behind the decision--such as contract negotiations, pay outs, family obligations, etc. All you see is a coaching decision and think it's dumb, idiotic, or insane on face value without realizing you have no clue on why that decision was made.

If the head of the beast is Strong-Bedford-Watson -- did we just pay to transport the Louisville staff here?

Or, even if those 3 are on top in Austin, are the additions of Wickline, Rumph, Robinson and Vaughn enough to alter that perception/reality?

It's not an idle question - recruiting is here -- perceptions do matter.

What do y'all think?

If the head of the beast is Strong-Bedford-Watson -- did we just pay to transport the Louisville staff here?

Or, even if those 3 are on top in Austin, are the additions of Wickline, Rumph, Robinson and Vaughn enough to alter that perception/reality?

It's not an idle question - recruiting is here -- perceptions do matter.

What do y'all think?

I think the perception from the recruits will be a whole lot different than us.

The defensive side speaks for itself, from Lousiville alone. You add the new DL coach and that side of the ball is damn near all-star level.

The offense, for all of our bitching (I'm including myself until I researched), just produced a, soon to be, top NFL draft pick and the offense was ranked 26th in the nation.

Now us as fan-atic-s nit pick all kind of details that many recruits don't. Most of them have a vision of making it to the league.

We have one of the, if not the, top OL coaches, a potential OC/QB coach that just put out aforementioned QB, highly regarded RB, DL, coaches, etc. etc.

Recruits will see coaches that can give them the best chance to get into the league.

Obviously my opinion.

Do I still have hope for a big name OC, sure. But, I don't think the sky is falling if that does not happen. Whoever the OC has will come into one hell of a staff.

To me the most important ingredient to getting back into the championship races is a staff that not only has top coaches, but also coaches that can work together.

...they don't know the back story behind the decision--such as contract negotiations, pay outs, family obligations, etc. All you see is a coaching decision and think it's dumb, idiotic, or insane on face value without realizing you have no clue on why that decision was made.

I hear what you're saying Pancho, but 95% of posts on message boards are based on incomplete information, false information and/or speculation - including the glowing praise. If you left the posting to people with deep and accurate knowledge, we wouldn't have anything left to read.

And to your point - nobody should ever get MAD over something they read on a message board!

Watson is Stongs guy...But wait we were promised a HR hire. Enters Patterson..Charlie we need a HR hire....Watson isn't a HR hire but he is Charlies guy. Paint a picture of looking at OC's-drag.... it out....Watson it seems is NOT being looked at or wanted by any college or Univ. How can Charlie bring him over...Lets make Watson a QB coach..Get him over but not much fallout will happen...then make your new OL coach the co- run OC......bring in a WR coach....then guess what...Watson is the passing co/OC..So how do you co-ordinate...Someone has to call the plays.............WATSON...Charlie gets his way.

THAT IS IT! way to go, Oliver.