Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OC Holdout Theory

LinuxHorn

The longer the wait, the more I believe the hire is Chad Morris. If it was anybody else, there doesn't seem to be a logical reason we are holding out so long while the rest of the staff has already been introduced to the team. One theory I can think of is waiting to see if Morris gets the Vandy gig and/or figuring out a way to come to terms with his buyout. He's the only person that makes sense to holdout for. All games are over and most of the teams out there have filled positions. There aren't too many names on a list that will be considered a homerun hire.

The longer the wait, the more I believe the hire is Chad Morris. If it was anybody else, there doesn't seem to be a logical reason we are holding out so long while the rest of the staff has already been introduced to the team. One theory I can think of is waiting to see if Morris gets the Vandy gig and/or figuring out a way to come to terms with his buyout. He's the only person that makes sense to holdout for. All games are over and most of the teams out there have filled positions. There aren't too many names on a list that will be considered a homerun hire.

That or possibly NFL OC. The guy that might make sense is Shanahan, given that he has Texas ties as a player and coach, runs a pro style offense with some spread elements, and may be waiting on miami OC.

No other college coaches make sense imo. If college, has to be someone that is in the hunt for a HC position as you alluded to. Morris' buyout just seems to be way too high. I doubt Clemson renegotiates it and it doesn't make sense not to take the vandy HC job if it's offered.

Its Saban!

i was thinking exactly the same thing. my rationale for the hold up in announcing involved the negotiations and working around the buyout. of course, the NFL coach thing is also plausible.

what if its shanahan and the holdup is that he wants to bring kyle with him?

my official guess is chad morris.

i was thinking exactly the same thing. my rationale for the hold up in announcing involved the negotiations and working around the buyout. of course, the NFL coach thing is also plausible.

what if its shanahan and the holdup is that he wants to bring kyle with him?

my official guess is chad morris.

What are you talking about? It's not Mike Shanahan....the OC hire would be Kyle.

If Morris goes to Vandy I don't think there's a buyout. But if he wants to come back to Texas (the state...I know he's an aggie), maybe he's playing the Vandy card to get Clemson to negotiate buyout so they'll at least get something instead of nothing.

Looks like it may be Joker Phillips as OC. ..

The Joker has been getting a lot of play the last 24hrs or so. I wish I could believe it's going to be Morris and I hope I am wrong. If they are able to hire Morris, with Wickline here already, UT would be able to cherry pick the best players on offense. The aggie would lose some recruits, that is for sure. I can't get my hopes up though.