Jason Higdon - says knows who the OC is and its a home run

DizzG

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you go out and hire a O/C that cost you a large buy-out and have him for 1-2 years maybe. Why not try to get a O/C that would be around for 3-5 years like Shanahan(UT) grounded or Riley (age)....both could do the job. With Riley you get his QB who can transfer and also set many passing records. I would think Strong wants coaches who he can count on= for a period of time. Didn't he say he wanted to sign coaches to 3 yr contract,

Why would you go out and hire a O/C that cost you a large buy-out and have him for 1-2 years maybe. Why not try to get a O/C that would be around for 3-5 years like Shanahan(UT) grounded or Riley (age)....both could do the job. With Riley you get his QB who can transfer and also set many passing records. I would think Strong wants coaches who he can count on= for a period of time. Didn't he say he wanted to sign coaches to 3 yr contract,

Agree with you Orange....

Riley sounds very interesting, not only with his experience with the Pirate at TT and knowledge of the system, but the fact that his QB has graduated and is available now....Granted this is only for one year, but what a great short term fix and the staff could then build the new QBs for the future....

Sounds like a win-win to me.....

Thanks for the post.

Agree with you Orange....

Riley sounds very interesting, not only with his experience with the Pirate at TT and knowledge of the system, but the fact that his QB has graduated and is available now....Granted this is only for one year, but what a great short term fix and the staff could then build the new QBs for the future....

Sounds like a win-win to me.....

Thanks for the post.

Not sure but I think that might fall into the questionable ethics department (stealing a QB along with hiring an offensive coordinator). I think it's a little different if it's a guy like the FSU kid who isn't a starter or someone who lost their head coach or was at a much lower level.

Either way, would love to have Riley. I'm not sure anyone will know until a couple minutes before as Strong has been pretty good about closing the leaks.

I asked Higdon if he could at least give a hint, and told him UT fans are dying here lol. He didnt offer a hint and just said ".im ready for them to make the public announcement trust me."

I cant stop refreshing stuff today. This guy better be right lol

it will probobly leak out tonight...just like when the HC was gonna be brought in...parts of bellmont were off limit...hearing football offices are closed to a select few once again today and tomorrow...

if it leaks out I wouldnt be surprised if its through him. its happened before

The following was posted by Higdon on 01/11...

Jason Higdon ‏@Jason_Higdon 11 Jan

Right now there is ONLY two open spots at Texas folks.....

Everyone is saying that this guy is connected and tight with Strong, therefore 2 spots means we still need an OC and that Chambers is not going to be on the field. Perhaps Chambers stays on the field if Watson gets a gig elsewhere.

Am I reading that right?

WR coach is still open too.

We know these assistant coaches are on board.

QB - Watson

RB - Robinson

OL - Wickline

DC - Bedford

DL - Rumph

LB - BJM

DB - Vaughn

That is 7 positions where 9 is the max. If 2 are open, then Chambers isn't on the field unless something else falls through or changes because if you add Chambers to the list above, only 1 spot is open.