Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coaching Staff Guess

badboy783

We are all in the dark but I think it's possible Watson may be coming... but not to be the OC... but because he needs a job and he (by Bridgewater default) helped Charlie elevate his name enough to land the Texas head coaching job. Sooo here's my updated guess.

HC - Charlie Strong

OC/WR - Lincoln Riley

QB - Shawn Watson

OL - Joe Wickline

RB - Tommie Robinson

TE - ???

DC - Vance Bedford

DL - Chris Rumph

DB - Chris Vaughn

LB - Brian Jean-Mary

The other option that I could see would be if Watson didn't come and Riley coached QB's. Then I think it's possible we would be keeping Wyatt on as WR coach. If he was able to land Tim Brewster in there as a TE's coach this staff would be phenominal. But Brewster has a good thing at FSU and they are raking in the talent.

If I had my choice it would look like this and it would be a landslide with recruiting in the state not to mention the perk of having all the South East ties in there, especially Florida.

HC - Charlie Strong

OC/QB - Lincoln Riley

OL - Joe Wickline

RB - Tommie Robinson

WR - Darrell Wyatt

TE - Tim Brewster

DC - Vance Bedford

DL - Chris Rumph

DB - Chris Vaughn

LB - Brian Jean-Mary

Not sure I'm warmed up to the Lincoln Riley chatter. Is this the name EM and others were referring to?

I'm not sure who EM is referring to. However Riley + Wickline, Robinson, & Wyatt, gives the young man a lot of knowledge concerining the running game to mix in with his passing game knowledge learned under The Pirate. If this were Riley with a bunch of fillers at the other offensive position coaches, then I would be hesitant. But what you have is a head coach that wants to put up points while also understanding that you have to be able to run the football to win games. He would be taking a bright young offensive minded coach and mixing him with some of the better coaches around the country when it comes to a running game. I think it's a great idea and Riley being 32 is realistically a few years away from getting his own HC recs. That gives some longevity to the position.

All that said, I'm not sure if it's Riley or not as Strong is throwing 3-2 curveballs right now and nobody is making contact when it comes to the right information. Just a bunch of foul balls.

I can't understand retaining Chambers as the TE coach. That unit has been a complete disaster for almost 6 years under his watch. I'm hoping if he's retained its in an admin role, either in the football ops or personnel dept.

If Riley is the OC I'd like to see the staff set up in 1 of 2 ways:

#1:

OC/QB - Riley

OL - Wickline

WR - Wyatt

RB - Robinson

TE - Brewster

DC - Bedford

DL - Rumph

LB- Jean-Mary

DB - Vaughn

#2:

OC/QB - Riley

OL - Wickline

WR/TE - Wyatt

RB - Robinson

DC - Bedford

DL - Rumph

LB - Jean-Mary

DB - Vaughn

ST - Zook

I like any combination pretty much that does not include Watson. With 9 assistants, I like something like this:

OC/QB - Riley or Herman or someone similar

OL/Run Game Cood - Wickline

WR - Wyatt

TE/Special Teams - Zook or Brewster

RB - Robinson

DC - Bedford

DL - Rumph

LB - Jean-Mary

DB - Vaughn

I like any combination pretty much that does not include Watson. With 9 assistants, I like something like this:

OC/QB - Riley or Herman or someone similar

OL/Run Game Cood - Wickline

WR - Wyatt

TE/Special Teams - Zook or Brewster

RB - Robinson

DC - Bedford

DL - Rumph

LB - Jean-Mary

DB - Vaughn

Zook has never coached offense. DB, DC and ST have been what he's coached during his career.