Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Coach Strong

badboy783

Has kept his coaching staff information on lock down and is evidenced by the fact that most of the positions have been clear misses by most of the insiders. For one, I happen to like it. I know that there will be places to get leaks as time goes by but right now, I don't think I've ever felt better about what's going on inside the athletic department and for Texas Football. My normal places for information have been not just off, but way off, and I love it.

These hires, like the hire of coach Strong, are not about a splash, they are about people who do their job very well, recruit very well, coach very well, and will get kids fired up and ready to run through a brick wall at Texas. These are ego-less coaches that come without entitlement.

Get pumped fellas.

Has kept his coaching staff information on lock down and is evidenced by the fact that most of the positions have been clear misses by most of the insiders. For one, I happen to like it. I know that there will be places to get leaks as time goes by but right now, I don't think I've ever felt better about what's going on inside the athletic department and for Texas Football. My normal places for information have been not just off, but way off, and I love it.

These hires, like the hire of coach Strong, are not about a splash, they are about people who do their job very well, recruit very well, coach very well, and will get kids fired up and ready to run through a brick wall at Texas. These are ego-less coaches that come without entitlement.

Get pumped fellas.

...very well stated. indeed...

Get pumped fellas.

Great post. This is what some of these guys on the board just don't get, thus the constant freaking out over every rumor. Thanks for posting

Get pumped fellas.

Good post

Getting guys to take lateral moves from USC and Bama are pretty big hires.

A poster from OB mentioned that Lincoln Riley has 100 percent been interviewed for the OC job. He is a Leach disciple that played/coached at Tech. He went to Muleshoe in HS. Would love this hire combined with Wickline a lot!

The info was leaked from the ECU end not Texas.

Getting guys to take lateral moves from USC and Bama are pretty big hires.

A poster from OB mentioned that Lincoln Riley has 100 percent been interviewed for the OC job. He is a Leach disciple that played/coached at Tech. He went to Muleshoe in HS. Would love this hire combined with Wickline a lot!

The info was leaked from the ECU end not Texas.

These hires are different than anyone guessed. Rumph and Robinson both come from big time programs and Robinson has NFL experience. Not sure how Vaughn ended up at Memphis but has a good track record at Arkansas and Ole Miss. And they are good recruiters. CS needed to bring in his own people as much as some of us wanted to keep Giles, Porter and Akina.

The people complaining about the staff are going to look foolish when it's all announced. Boards like OB were in flames today. It's flat embarrassing. Texas has a real f##king football coach and he's hiring a real tough staff that is also full of great recruiters