Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Oh Boy-Chambers and Possibly Watson-

orangeflow

Duke Thomas on Twitter, "I think that Watson would be a positive hire for Texas if it's him for OC." Players seem to like him.

Another post from Duke, "Watson helped develop Bridegwater, who could go number one in the draft."

Did they bother to look at how Watson's offenses "lit up" the scoreboard, despite having Bridgewater at QB? I seriously can't believe what's materializing for the offensive staff, especially giving the resources available.

Rather have Applewhite. Dead serious.

What about this group with Kyle \/ ?

There is a poster on 247, LotusHorn, this guy has been on a hot streak so I don't think he is a fake insider. He just posted that Kyle is a finalist for the job. I'm not crazy about him but he has been an OC in the NFL for six seasons and his offense has been in the top 10 four times. The staff that Lotus said Kyle would bring.

OL-Wickline

TE-Brewster(He said Brewster has agreed to come if Kyle comes)

WR-Wyatt(if Wyatt doesn't go to Sam Houston)

RB-Carter

QB-Watson

Didn't pay attention to the number of guys listed. There is no way we can have six guys on the offensive side, those are the names he put out though.

Lol rather have applewhite. Rather have applewhite over guy who developed bridgewater won a bcs game and went 12-1 this year. Also had top 25 defense?!? Lulz

When did Watson or Applewhite coach defense?

I would ok with making Wyatt Co OC/play caller with Watson as co OC/QB.

No more co oc's please...everybody here has a strong opinion about watson based on information that has all sorts of confounding variables in it. If CS thinks he did a good job and likes working with him then that is enough for me. There is a lot that goes on between watson's work and what shows up on game day. staff chemistry is the most important thing and CS has the insights here.

No more co oc's please...everybody here has a strong opinion about watson based on information that has all sorts of confounding variables in it. If CS thinks he did a good job and likes working with him then that is enough for me. There is a lot that goes on between watson's work and what shows up on game day. staff chemistry is the most important thing and CS has the insights here.

Yeah but go back and look at his body of work as an OC. His accomplishments could rest comfortably on an eyelash. It would be one thing if Watson actually had skins on the wall, but he's never won any awards as a play caller. I just don't get it.

Edited by littlejon82

Yeah but go back and look at his body of work as an OC. His accomplishments could rest comfortably on an eyelash. It would be one thing if Watson actually had skins on the wall, but he's never won any awards as a play caller. I just don't get it.

don't let yourself get fooled by the stats. There are way too many things going on to attribute the OC's abilities to the stats on the field. If CS likes working with him that is the most important thing.

don't let yourself get fooled by the stats. There are way too many things going on to attribute the OC's abilities to the stats on the field. If CS likes working with him that is the most important thing.

You could very well be right. In the end. I respect Strong's decision to choose those he's most comfortable with. But IMHO, he's taking a real risk with someone who not only has little in the way of recruiting ties to Texas, but runs an offensive system that will likely put Texas hs recruits to sleep.

You could very well be right. In the end. I respect Strong's decision to choose those he's most comfortable with. But IMHO, he's taking a real risk with someone who not only has little in the way of recruiting ties to Texas, but runs an offensive system that will likely put Texas hs recruits to sleep.

maybe he'll run a different system? Maybe he won't because the offensive system needs to coordinate to the defensive system and that will be CS's choice? Maybe he'll run the same system and kill it with our talent level? Nobody knows