Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Your thoughts on Kyle Shannahan OC-in NFL as UT OC

orangeflow

Has a UT background..........Good friends with Tim Brewater>>I do not endorse him but would he be a good fit...It appears he and his dad did not click..Looks like his dad wanted to call the plays/sounds famaliar.....He is also rumored to being looked at currently by other NFL teams. Sounds like he has a good rep. as a OC.

Has a UT background..........Good friends with Tim Brewater>>I do not endorse him but would he be a good fit...It appears he and his dad did not click..Looks like his dad wanted to call the plays/sounds famaliar.....He is also rumored to being looked at currently by other NFL teams. Sounds like he has a good rep. as a OC.

Rod Babers claimed on air that Kyle told him that his dad had advised him to publicly distance himself in order to salvage his career.

The best offense the Texans ran was with him around as the OC.

In 2008, the offense was #3 overall.

In 2009, the offense was #4 overall.

Those were Andre Johnson's two best season, out of many great seasons, and his 2 All Pro years.

Those were also Schaub's best two years, going by QBR. He made the PB in '09.

And in neither of those two seasons did he have Arian Foster or the stats would have likely been even better. They were running Steve Slayton out there then.

KS went to Wash in 2010.

The last two seasons there, once RGIII took over at QB, their offense was ranked 5th and 9th in total yards.

I thought their ZR was pretty effective until they decided to stop using it.

Edited by Juan Grande

There is a poster on 247, LotusHorn, this guy has been on a hot streak so I don't think he is a fake insider. He just posted that Kyle is a finalist for the job. I'm not crazy about him but he has been an OC in the NFL for six seasons and his offense has been in the top 10 four times. The staff that Lotus said Kyle would bring.

OL-Wickline

TE-Brewster(He said Brewster has agreed to come if Kyle comes)

WR-Wyatt(if Wyatt doesn't go to Sam Houston)

RB-Carter

QB-Watson

Didn't pay attention to the number of guys listed. There is no way we can have six guys on the offensive side, those are the names he put out though.

Edited by steveh9801

There is a poster on 247, LotusHorn, this guy has been on a hot streak so I don't think he is a fake insider. He just posted that Kyle is a finalist for the job. I'm not crazy about him but he has been an OC in the NFL for six seasons and his offense has been in the top 10 four times. The staff that Lotus said Kyle would bring.

OL-Wickline

TE-Brewster(He said Brewster has agreed to come if Kyle comes)

WR-Wyatt(if Wyatt doesn't go to Sam Houston)

RB-Carter

QB-Watson

Didn't pay attention to the number of guys listed. There is no way we can have six guys on the offensive side, those are the names he put out though.

I'd be just fine with that lineup on the offensive side of the ball. Shanahan's a good OC who knows his way around Texas. He would probably wind up being the QB coach as well, to make the numbers work out, since there are restrictions on the size of a staff.