Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

DT Chris Nelson De-Commits

Darrell McPhaul

So it appears Texas will land two DT's that were previously committed to Louisville in Chris Nelson and Poona Ford.

I would say that Coach Strong answered the bell on replacing the two DT's we lost in the last week.

I'm not going to say we have upgraded because that is yet to be determined.

Yup, but I would say we added two that will probably play their hearts out for UT and Coach Strong

So it appears Texas will land two DT's that were previously committed to Louisville in Chris Nelson and Poona Ford.

I would say that Coach Strong answered the bell on replacing the two DT's we lost in the last week.

Yep. And they will obviously be better fits for the schemes he will run.

You can add Travonte Valentine to the list of possibilities too. This is from 247.

Just had a brief conversation with 4- star defensive tackle Travonte Valentine of Florida.

His relationship with Coach Charlie strong goes back to when Coach Strong was recruiting him at Louisville and he knows him very well.

To keep it simple, Valentine says that he is interested in Texas and is interested in possibly taking a visit if the dates work out right.

http://247sports.com/Player/Travonte-Valentine-21006

As of this date, I agree that we can't say with certainty that the two Louisville DTs would be an upgrade over those we lost. However, I will say with absolute certainty that I would trust Strong's choices at DT more than I would trust Mack's staff's choices at DTs. In other words, I would trade you those 2 that left us for those 2 from Louisville in a New York minute.

As of this date, I agree that we can't say with certainty that the two Louisville DTs would be an upgrade over those we lost. However, I will say with absolute certainty that I would trust Strong's choices at DT more than I would trust Mack's staff's choices at DTs. In other words, I would trade you those 2 that left us for those 2 from Louisville in a New York minute.

No, you're doing it wrong. You are supposed to compare Strong's DT choices with Mack's RB choices. RB recruits is where Mack strikes gold for DT's. :D