Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Player Personnel Department Wish List

Mr. Cosell

I think this spot is replaceable. I like the fact that it sounds like they are going to add to the numbers in the personnel department. I hope so.

What names would our readers like to see added to the personnel department? Also, if you have an idea on who should replace Suddes. But this thread is for anyone who would be a great hire for the growing personnel department, realistic hire or not. Give me your wish list.

I would like to see more high school and college coaches in the department as well as real scouts. Can you imagine Claude Mathis, Joey Mcguire, Ron Zook, Bruce Chambers and Mike Belloti added to this list? Just for starters. I'd also like to see some former players added to the list (camps are a big deal). Of course, I'm not saying all those names are poachable, but that is the direction I would go here.

BTW, Ed Orgeron needs to be on the coaching staff IMO.

Edited by Mr. Cosell

I wouldn't mind Applewhite being a part I'd this staff. He's an outstanding recruiter.

That would be quite a paycut for Major. He is supposed to be a good recruiter, but is he also good at identifying talent? Mack Brown was a good recruiter, but he was not as good at identifying talent.

Cosell - you make a good point; however, wherever Suddes goes next, he will have created contacts and have a very good idea about 2015 Texas talent. If one of our in state rivals or anyone like Oregon, Alabama, etc. scoops him up, we'll have helped the opponents.

Cosell - you make a good point; however, wherever Suddes goes next, he will have created contacts and have a very good idea about 2015 Texas talent. If one of our in state rivals or anyone like Oregon, Alabama, etc. scoops him up, we'll have helped the opponents.

Exactly, if I was an LSU, Bama, Oregon, USC or anyone, I would hire him to get me into Texas for 14, 15.

Zook, Sherman, Mike billoti are three names that would be at the top for me if they'd be willing to take the pay cut. I think it's also important to have some youth amongst the player personnel department as well to stay dialed in to the trends with 17-18 year olds.

His same at Alabama just became the DC at Louisville today. I would think Suddes is heading back to Alabama. Just a guess.