Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Suddess out

Juan

Did anyone shed any tears when Mack cleaned house and brought on his own administrative hires like Cleve Bryant in 1998?

Coach Strong needs to have people who do things the way he wants them done. He had his own Director of Player Personnel at Louisville. If he wants to bring him here, that's fine with me.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Because due to all appearances it is. This is a bad move. Sorry from a management standpoint, Strong is surrounding himself with folks that are no threat to him. Hire folks that strive to have your job someday and they will make yo0u look good.

this is just ridiculous. No offense but Suddes is no threat to Strong and no one in that position would be. Its just laughable to see people on Texas boards thinking the program is somehow out of control because *Gasp* a new head coach wants to hire their OWN staff and put people in these positions THEY choose to do the best job possible in their opinion. Suddes seemed to be pretty good but has no long term ties to Texas, and hasnt even been at UT very long at all.

Strong hiring his own guy and not keeping a Mack hire has nothing whatsoever to do with the program spiraling out of control. Guy has been here a matter of days as head coach and he's getting bashed for damn near every move he dares make

Did anyone shed any tears when Mack cleaned house and brought on his own administrative hires like Cleve Bryant in 1998?

Years later = many shed tears (plus a few dollars)

Edited by Juan Grande

I've never seen so many drama queens. This place is like I would picture the Kardashians if I were to ever watch that BS.

Freak out about something different every day most of which don't actually happen.

Thank you!

I find it funny how coveted Suddes is by everyone, he was here for a year...he evaluated some guys and tweeted and retweeted Texas fight a few times. I am sure he will land on his feet. It's not like he had great ties to the state either..so when coach Hires the guy he wants there won't be much drop off...remember 15' is going to be Strong's first class...he is going to want to have someone who is familiar w what HE WANTS reviewing these guys. Just bc Saben spoke highly of Suddes doesn't mean he can't be replaced..

Hey, just because Suddes supposedly did a great job for Saban and Alabama doesn't mean he was killing it at UT. Look at our current list of commitments. Don't see too many home runs there other than Heard and Roberson. Yes, I know it was his job to uncover the diamonds and he won't be given the opportunity to do it.

Bottom line is Coach Strong and his staff did a better job of developing players than we did over the past 4 years. We've hired him and gotta trust that he knows what he's doing. Let it play out.

#TexasStrong

Sad to see him go. I thought he did an amazing job with the "extra" camp over the summer and Sophomore Day. I liked him.

As others have said, Arthur Johnson or maybe Bruce Chambers (as others have said would be retained) would fill in his position? 24/7 said that Strong was bringing in a guy from Louisville who did some of the same as Suddes. He might be the guy who replaces him?

this is just ridiculous. No offense but Suddes is no threat to Strong and no one in that position would be. Its just laughable to see people on Texas boards thinking the program is somehow out of control because *Gasp* a new head coach wants to hire their OWN staff and put people in these positions THEY choose to do the best job possible in their opinion. Suddes seemed to be pretty good but has no long term ties to Texas, and hasnt even been at UT very long at all.

Strong hiring his own guy and not keeping a Mack hire has nothing whatsoever to do with the program spiraling out of control. Guy has been here a matter of days as head coach and he's getting bashed for damn near every move he dares make

...it's ok dizz. it's all about the debate. i for one, am certainly not offering any discernment as per coach strong... it is just that in regards to suddes, we were all under the impression that his hire in particular, was already seen as reaping great benefits to a squandering program that was falling behind...

It just feels as if there isn't a clear direction. Its tough to support the new coach and the program when we don't really see much method to the madness.

Just because they are not telling us everything they are doing along the way does not mean there is not a method to their madness. Remember you are hearing things through leaked information which most of the time is given with little to no context.

Strong has a guy he is bringing over... Clifford Snow

Clifford Snow begins his third season as Director of Football Operations at the University of Louisville.

Snow will assist Strong in all football administration duties of the Cardinal football program. He will coordinate team travel, coaching clinics, preseason training camp, football budget and supervising the football support staff.

A native of Bristol, Conn., Snow joins the Louisville staff after serving one season as the Director of Football Operations at Kentucky for coach Joker Phillips.

Prior to joining the Wildcats, Snow held the same position at East Carolina for five seasons. Before joining the ECU staff, he spent six seasons as the Director of Football Operations and special assistant to the head coach at South Carolina, where he worked with Strong on the football staff.

-----------------

I think Joker will be on staff. Just a guess.

Would we have all of the panic/pessimism if Saban or Malzahn had been hired and done the exact same thing? Time to cut Coach Strong a break and let him build his staff the way that he wants so that he can get to work coaching our Longhorns. The guy's been successful doing things his way or he wouldn't be coaching at Texas, it's time to give him the benefit of the doubt instead of complaining about every move that he makes.

I've never seen so many drama queens. This place is like I would picture the Kardashians if I were to ever watch that BS.

Freak out about something different every day most of which don't actually happen.

Drama queen no, overreacting at times, maybe. I'm sorry but are these boards not built for the sole purpose of discussing what/how things are going on within the program. We're fans, that's kind of what we do. An overreaction about people overreacting is no better. Chill out please and let people vent.

This made me LOL a little.

He makes it sound like the paysites just lost one of their primary sources of information.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" lang="en"><p>Sounds like basically every single UT paysite guy is shocked/disappointed in the Suddes dismissal. Pretty telling on how well Patrick's done</p>— Blake Borron (@GoHornsGo90) <a href="

">January 9, 2014</a></blockquote>

<script async src="//platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Because due to all appearances it is. This is a bad move. Sorry from a management standpoint, Strong is surrounding himself with folks that are no threat to him. Hire folks that strive to have your job someday and they will make yo0u look good.

And Suddes is somehow a threat to him?

OK