Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

OC Candidates

If Herman is the first choice, cool. If that doesn't work out, I would love for UT to kick the tires of Mike Bobo of Georgia. The Bulldogs were killed by injuries this year and his salary of 575k is in the ballpark of Herman's, which makes 550k.

If this is an ego thing and Herman would like the opportunity to prove himself outside of the shadow of Urban Meyer, Bobo should want to do the same since Richt gets credit for most things offense at UGa.

If Herman is the first choice, cool. If that doesn't work out, I would love for UT to kick the tires of Mike Bobo of Georgia. The Bulldogs were killed by injuries this year and his salary of 575k is in the ballpark of Herman's, which makes 550k.

If this is an ego thing and Herman would like the opportunity to prove himself outside of the shadow of Urban Meyer, Bobo should want to do the same since Richt gets credit for most things offense at UGa.

This ^. If Herman falls through, Bobo should absolutely receive a call from Austin.

I still have some allegiance to UGA stemming from my stint there before I transferred to Texas and I have to say No to Bobo. The Dawgs did have a good year, and bobo wasn't horrible, but I wouldn't trust him with the offense. He loves the 3rd and long draw, it's pretty frustrating to watch. I also would worry about recruiting for him since that area is dominated by the big time SEC programs and I don't see him coming to Texas and being able to recruit as well here since he doesn't know the area. But like you said, Herman would be awesome. Guy can coach a hell of an offense and would be a great recruiter here

Herman would be great but I don't know why he'd leave an already existing solid program. I believe he spent a yr. at UT as a grad. asst., but the guy is from Ohio and has family there.

This would be huge for Strong's offense, and hope that we offer him a very enticing deal. Hook'em.

My likey! Now it is just a matter of how high we shoot for our first choice. Sure hope we hear something definitive by this weekend.

Thanks McP.

I hope we go with Watson, merely because the entertainment value of the board meltdown on OB would be fantastic. yesterday they were just talking about watson as a potential OC and virtually everythread was about the complete disaster of that prospect and that coach Strong should be fired, he has already failed.

That meltdown was Chernobyl like. Incredible. Now imagine if Watson really came!

Herman would be great but I don't know why he'd leave an already existing solid program. I believe he spent a yr. at UT as a grad. asst., but the guy is from Ohio and has family there.

This would be huge for Strong's offense, and hope that we offer him a very enticing deal. Hook'em.

He would be able to call the plays which help to become a HC. From when he was hired at Ohio State:

Meyer has said he'll call his own plays and, in many ways, he'll serve as his own offensive coordinator. But Herman will play a large role in implementing the spread offense in Columbus and in tutoring freshman quarterback Braxton Miller.

I thought I had the job in the bag and then...

Working conditions

Uniforms and/or personal protection equipment (furnished) May work in all weather conditions May work in extreme temperatures May work around standard office conditions Repetitive use of a keyboard at a workstation Use of manual dexterity Climbing of stairs Climbing of ladders Lifting and moving Exposure to large crowds; weekend, evening and holiday work; intrastate and interstate travel; work long hours during peak periods; direct customer contact.

I don't know Manual Dexterity...used mostly Windows and a couple of different electronic medical record systems.