Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Wow long time Insider Santa Rita hearing A&M is playing players

DizzG

I have no doubt the NCAA is willfully ignoring widespread violations, but I also don't believe aggy is paying players. It would be a career making story for any journalist and kids dumb enough to get involved in that crap arenakt smart enought to keep their mouths shut. It isn't happening.

I believe it probably is, but no way is it happening on the scale mentioned here. No way.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, this reeks of bitterness and naivety. If A&M was doing something on that large of a scale, something substantial would have leaked by now. You can't flash that kind of money in front of a 17 and/or 18 year old without them talking to somebody about it. I'm sure A&M is bending a few NCAA regulations, just as everyone else is, but I have serious doubts that it's anything like this. This sounds like somebody is scorned about recent incidents and now has a vendetta.

That's my take.

Honestly, this reeks of bitterness and naivety. If A&M was doing something on that large of a scale, something substantial would have leaked by now.

This isn't anything new. There has been smoke for quite some time. Seems to have picked up since their move to the $EC.

Used to get access to websider (now aggieyell.com) from an aggie co-worker. When Mack was cleaning up in recruiting they absolutely chalked it up to paying players.

Every school that is getting its rear end handed to it in recruiting from an in state competitor accuses the other school of cheating. I take it with a grain of salt. Wouldn't surprise me if it was true but nothing would ever come from it if it was.

This.

I'm having a hard time believing that A&M would pay 350k to a HS player with a knee injury. He must have had a hell of a lot of incentives in that contract to justify that type of coin.

If one kid was getting that much money, another kid would be blabbing because he wasn't. It's not happening. More likely, they are fudging grades or ignoring failed drug tests to keep their kids eligible. We know Sumlin isn't much of a disciplinarian. My guess is that fudging eligibility would be enough without having to pay players.

If one kid was getting that much money, another kid would be blabbing because he wasn't. It's not happening. More likely, they are fudging grades or ignoring failed drug tests to keep their kids eligible. We know Sumlin isn't much of a disciplinarian. My guess is that fudging eligibility would be enough without having to pay players.

Agree, another layer to this (and this would not apply to RSJ), players who commit early to a school, lets say, junior days, or certainly NOT getting paid. Why would a school feel the need to pay a player for his verbal so early in the game if the player truly liked the university to begin with?

The only time I raise an eyebrow is when a player de-commits to a school when there is no obvious reason to do so, at the 11th hour. I just couldn't be confident that a player like DT Henderson would be getting paid. The position coach who had been recruiting him from day one, Bo Davis, is no longer at UT.

Now, I'm not naive and yes, I believe payment to players and families happen, but I really don't think it's as common place as some think and really believe it's reserved for the elite of the elite in terms of HS prospects. Henderson wouldn't fit that category.