Welcome to HornSports

Join our community and talk about the latest in Texas Longhorns Athletics!

COVID-19 ALERT: All University of Texas Athletics competitions/games cancelled until Sunday March 29th
Sign in to follow this  
bbdude

Poll: Will Texas make the NCAA Tournament?

What are the post season hopes for the Longhorn basketball team?  

6 members have voted

1. 1. What are the post season hopes for the Longhorn basketball team?

• Texas WILL make the NCAA Tournament
    • Texas WILL NOT make the NCAA Tournament

13 straight NCAA Tourney appearances. Rick Barnes has NEVER missed the big dance in his days at Texas. This is the 4th longest streak in the country. RPI is not good.

Tell us what you think.

As much as I want to keep the streak going... I just don't see a bid in the cards. Like bbdude said, we have an atrocious RPI. And in all honestly, do we want to get a bid just to watch in horror when we lose in the first round to a small conference school??

Unless we put the pieces together in the 2nd half of the season and finish strong, then we might be able to go deep in the Conference tournament and catapult into the tourney. These are all "ifs."

I wanted to share with everyone that there is a conference basketball tournament this year and it will begin on March 7th in Kansas City. A lot of people I talk with do not think there is a tournament because of the Nebraska and Colorado transfers. There is! Funny little statistic - Texas has NEVER won the Big XII Conference Tournament.