Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Charlie Strong strikes - Saves Henderson

Lord Vader

It's good that Coach Strong reached out, but it took a bit too long from my point of view?

I will give you an analogy. In another life I was once a deli manager for a national grocery store and they commissioned a study to see how long it took before people would start to lose patience after they walked up to the counter. We were all asked to guess, and the usual response was a minute or two. Seems rational but we were all wrong. The answer was 10 seconds. After 10 seconds people started to get agitated. So we were told to every few seconds to acknowledge people at the counter, and if you did it bought you several minutes.

Coach Strong should have reached out immediately or had someone on his staff reach out and tell our recruits Coach Strong would be contacting them in a day or two. This is not criticism of our head coach but more knowing human nature. These kids wanted to be assured they were important. It wouldn't have worked on the ones that were only coming here because of one guy, but like he did with Henderson, it could have saved one who was feeling forgotten.

Remember these kids were being contacted by other schools, and encouraged to reconsider their decision.

Live and learn Longhorns, live and leard.:cool:

It's good that Coach Strong reached out, but it took a bit too long from my point of view?

I will give you an analogy. In another life I was once a deli manager for a national grocery store and they commissioned a study to see how long it took before people would start to lose patience after they walked up to the counter. We were all asked to guess, and the usual response was a minute or two. Seems rational but we were all wrong. The answer was 10 seconds. After 10 seconds people started to get agitated. So we were told to every few seconds to acknowledge people at the counter, and if you did it bought you several minutes.

Coach Strong should have reached out immediately or had someone on his staff reach out and tell our recruits Coach Strong would be contacting them in a day or two. This is not criticism of our head coach but more knowing human nature. These kids wanted to be assured they were important. It wouldn't have worked on the ones that were only coming here because of one guy, but like he did with Henderson, it could have saved one who was feeling forgotten.

Remember these kids were being contacted by other schools, and encouraged to reconsider their decision.

Live and learn Longhorns, live and leard.:cool:

beev---I totally agree with all you said in your post. BUT...do you know for a FACT that Strong didn't have someone call immediately but Henderson proceeded to the decommit anyway?? I don't know. Maybe no one called but I don't know that for sure. Later...after getting another call from Charlie himself, Henderson turned again?? You have to remember that Henderson may not be the best example to use when judging Strong's ability to hang on to those he wants. Henderson is "jumpy"...for no better word.