Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

hey Mod's, i've got a great idea

armadillo slim

Whine free days. One day a week when there is no whining about anything. One day. Surely we can have one day a week when there is no thread started that whines about anything. And no comments allowed on any subject that are whines.

Now I know this is sort of a whine thread in itself, so it can't be today, but boy that would be a nice relief. You can call it Slim's Happy Day. It's where we find things to be happy about. Kids, the POSITIVE changes we see in UT sports, nice weather, good food, complimenting one another on good posts and topics.

I am so sick of the whining I start a whining thread about whining. Good grief. Just one day? Pleaseeeeeee.

I came over here from TOS because i thought it would be better and it is, but now we've got Red bashing, and second guessing Strong on his OC hire, and recruits being bad mouthed for switching to other schools.

Pleaseeeeee. Just one day.

Whine free days. One day a week when there is no whining about anything. One day. Surely we can have one day a week when there is no thread started that whines about anything. And no comments allowed on any subject that are whines.

Now I know this is sort of a whine thread in itself, so it can't be today, but boy that would be a nice relief. You can call it Slim's Happy Day. It's where we find things to be happy about. Kids, the POSITIVE changes we see in UT sports, nice weather, good food, complimenting one another on good posts and topics.

I am so sick of the whining I start a whining thread about whining. Good grief. Just one day? Pleaseeeeeee.

I came over here from TOS because i thought it would be better and it is, but now we've got Red bashing, and second guessing Strong on his OC hire, and recruits being bad mouthed for switching to other schools.

Excellent.

Slim,

As you are aware, this site tries it's best to differentiate ourselves with this motto.

As you know, this fan base can be a bit moody even when we win by 40 points.

Let's see what we can do?

we'll mark you down as a "no", MB

not surprising. ;)

I was expecting this. Yep I believe everyone should have a voice not just a few people. If people want to whine or if I don't like what they said I won't click on that thread. But to censor opinions just because I disagree with that opinion I am 100% against. (I guess that's why my previous post on this thread was deleted)

Slim,

As you are aware, this site tries it's best to differentiate ourselves with this motto.

As you know, this fan base can be a bit moody even when we win by 40 points.

Let's see what we can do?

Can be a bit moody?

Understatement of the year.

I think the point is the progression of the site to fast reaction overwhelmingly complaining venue.

my thread idea was mostly tongue in cheek and i realize we'll never accomplish this, but good night nurse, there's just an epidemic of whining, complaining, second guessing and constant incessant criticism and negativity on all the boards these days. Red's comments certainly haven't helped and hope he reflects and realizes that they're counterproductive.

We have a fine new coach. He's entitled to choose his staff. It is time to put aside the negativity of the past two or three years and get behind the guy--all in, lock stock and barrel.

I am admittedly an inveterate sunshine pumper. A glass is half full guy. I admit it. I don't see that as a failing, but some do. Screw the "realist" mantra. It's time to support Charlie and get behind what he wants to do without the second guessing and entitled whining we hear so constantly. If you want to whine, go back to TOS or Barking Carnival or something.

Just my two cents.

this is the worst thing about the internet message board. everyone is a f'ing expert, and many write columns so the rest of us can know their thoughts.

this board is more civil but is just like the rest in knowing what everyone else should do.

I was expecting this. Yep I believe everyone should have a voice not just a few people. If people want to whine or if I don't like what they said I won't click on that thread. But to censor opinions just because I disagree with that opinion I am 100% against. (I guess that's why my previous post on this thread was deleted)

No one can censor your opinion. You own that. We have a lot of valuable members. when they make a request, we should listen.

Negative on the one day idea. If it was possible to implement, the pressure build up would be so intense, the consequences could be similar to crossing the streams.

Slim, go fvck yourself! How is that for a whine?

I kid, I kid. I think your idea is great! Tired of all the BS, please make it stop. Baseball is right around the corner!

i'm excited about the season and can't wait for it to start. you making any road trips this year? other than Stanford sweeping us and the guy who had an epileptic seizure on me in the restaurant last year, i thought the trip was fun. :D i still think that damn triple play might have been a season defining event for us last year. sheesh.

i'll watch for you this year. hope its all good for you, DD

this is the worst thing about the internet message board. everyone is a f'ing expert, and many write columns so the rest of us can know their thoughts.

this board is more civil but is just like the rest in knowing what everyone else should do.

its so bad on TOS Geoff Ketchum is actually being the voice of reason and telling people to let the guy hire his stuff and stop bitching about it

Sad it has to come to that

i'm excited about the season and can't wait for it to start. you making any road trips this year? other than Stanford sweeping us and the guy who had an epileptic seizure on me in the restaurant last year, i thought the trip was fun. :D i still think that damn triple play might have been a season defining event for us last year. sheesh.

i'll watch for you this year. hope its all good for you, DD

All is well, and likewise with you. The f'ing triple play was bad enough, with the topper being the guy with the seizure was definitely a defining moment. Kinda seemed like we went into seizures throughout the season.....

I will be at as many as possible, same seats. Just below you in section 5. Not sure on away games. Will probably try, need to sit down with the schedule and take a look see. How about you? You lookin at making any road trips?

Well the good thing about it is that you quickly become aware of the "experts" who are most certainly not. The hard part, at least for me is trying to reason with an "expert". You just can't, because they don't even have a clue that they truly don't know what they are talking about. How can you reason with that. So with those guys I generally just ignore them as opposed to blasting them.