Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

LB Alaka to visit A&M

Mr. Cosell

This is the one reason we needed a big name, the perception of the Big 12 Conference. It will define Charlie Strong, his ability to change the perception in the minds of high school athletes and their coaches across the state of Texas. Right now, our kids want the SEC and they want high flying spread offenses at an up-tempo pace.

I'm a big fan of Strong, but he comes into a tough situation. Let's hope he can hit the recruiting trail with much success.

BTW, Alaka is an underrated recruit. He's top 20 in the state good and probably deserves more attention than he's received. He's a lanky kid who gets downhill in a hurry and is surpassingly solid in coverage. He's not the fastest kid but has great instincts and very good athleticism. He also happens to be a very good kid.

Otaro Alaka, a 6-3, 220 pound outside linebacker from Cypress Falls, Texas, committed to Mack Brown back in April of 2013. He selected Texas over top programs like Florida State, LSU, Oklahoma, Michigan, Nebraska, Ohio State, UCLA, Texas A&M and many more.

This will be an interesting development to follow.

Edited by Mr. Cosell

I agree with you guys, but this is certainly a test so to speak. He needs to hold on to this one. We've had recruits in this class visit A&M earlier in the process and come away with a totally different attitude on where they want to spend the next 4 to 5 years.

He's also added Ole Miss and LSU to the list.

We are going to have to give CS time to get settled into the job. We have some great recruiters at Texas. I don't think we needed a big name splash. If a kid wants one of the best educations in America from one of the top colleges in the world then Texas his for him. Once CS finishes getting his staff togather I really feel CS is going to prove a lot of people wrong. I feel that Texas is so much better than the aggies the aggies arn't goog enough to carry our jock straps. No brag are fact just the way I feel.

My friends y'all have a great week