Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Lets Not Be This Way

Lord Vader

Deads.gif

The rebuild of Texas Football is going to take time. Put your faith in Coach Strong.

I like coach Strong a lot but if Watson comes as an OC i will be very disappointed. I dont know if CS realizes we can pay people to come coach here. We need to go and try to get the best assistants out there.

I like coach Strong a lot but if Watson comes as an OC i will be very disappointed. I dont know if CS realizes we can pay people to come coach here. We need to go and try to get the best assistants out there.

And what if he isn't comfortable with the high priced OC? It not about spending money for the sake of spending money. Charlie Strong is a guy who won with Shawn Watson as OC. He trusts him. He is in charge of hiring. From what I hear from Nebraska fans, he was held back by Bo. Now take it FWIW because I think most Husker fans hate Bo but he was also at Colorado when they were good on offense in the early 2000s.

I just don't understand the outrage. He isn't Chad Morris but it's not like he hasn't done anything as an offensive coordinator.

I've been a UT fan since the 60s and there has never been a season in my memory that Texas fans have been happy with our OC. Doesn't really matter who he brings in now, you guys are going to whine and bitch about it anyway.

I don't care if my comments get me banned. This place is looking like Orangebloods free. Just a bunch of whiners.

And what if he isn't comfortable with the high priced OC? It not about spending money for the sake of spending money. Charlie Strong is a guy who won with Shawn Watson as OC. He trusts him. He is in charge of hiring. From what I hear from Nebraska fans, he was held back by Bo. Now take it FWIW because I think most Husker fans hate Bo but he was also at Colorado when they were good on offense in the early 2000s.

I just don't understand the outrage. He isn't Chad Morris but it's not like he hasn't done anything as an offensive coordinator.

Im not suggesting he hire someone he isnt comfortable with but he needs to get a better offensive mind that can have the spread and run from shotgun. If every coach only hired guys they knew and worked with at their last job then nobody new would get a chance. You dont just bring your whole staff with you bc that what you feel comfortable with. He needs to go out there and interview a few guys that run a system that he can become comfortable with.

I came to this site thinking it was more reasonable, rational commentary. Now there are topics titled...I feel sick, woe is me, dogs and cats living together, Red was right....Etc

Come on people. Who was Mack Brown? A HC from a middle of the road ACC basketball school with a decent, assistant coach pedigree. Sound familiar? Everyone wanted Gary Barnett. A BMD is who flew his plane to Atlanta to interview and hire him at the coaches convention. Hell Mack's crazy brother Watson was better known.

The program from the top down needed change (including the AD). I like the fact the AD is the executive, and the football coach is going to coach.

These guys look like the right stuff. Let's let em do their thing.

That's just it. He is completely average. So truly, he hasn't done anything as OC.

2000: 66

2001: 20

2002: 58

2003: 66

2004: 85

2005: 87

2007: 9

2008: 12

2009: 99

2010: 44

2011: 103

2012: 52

2013: 51

That's just it. He is completely average. So truly, he hasn't done anything as OC.

2000: 66

2001: 20

2002: 58

2003: 66

2004: 85

2005: 87

2007: 9

2008: 12

2009: 99

2010: 44

2011: 103

2012: 52

2013: 51

So I have to ask... what is the number you are listing after the year? Because it is not the Offense rank as Louisville was 28th in total offense and 25th in scoring offense this past season.

Source: http://www.ncaa.com/stats/football/fbs/current/team/21

I've been a UT fan since the 60s and there has never been a season in my memory that Texas fans have been happy with our OC. Doesn't really matter who he brings in now' date=' you guys are going to whine and bitch about it anyway.

I don't care if my comments get me banned. This place is looking like Orangebloods free. Just a bunch of whiners.[/quote']

This is true, but the truth will hurt some.

A lot.