Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Who will lose their starting positions and who won't?

doc longhorn

Santos isn't going anywhere. He plays with an attitude that Charlie likes. I could see Edmond losing his job. Strong wants noise makers on defense and I've always felt Edmond's personality was better served on the offensive side of the ball.

If Hicks gets healthy I'd expect him and Jenkins to make a lot of noise.

Santos isn't going anywhere. He plays with an attitude that Charlie likes. I could see Edmond losing his job. Strong wants noise makers on defense and I've always felt Edmond's personality was better served on the offensive side of the ball.

If Hicks gets healthy I'd expect him and Jenkins to make a lot of noise.

Edmond was our best LB. A good LB coach (Robinson) had him playing good ball. I think Jean-Marie can do the same or better.

Ash might have a strong arm but the accuracy isnt where it needs to be on a consistent basis. He must improve that and decision making.

I am afraid when he takes a hit also.

I have reservations about keeping anyone on this staff except Wyatt. That the only one i care to keep.

We missing a very strong point here? Bridgewater is the projected number one QB on most draft boards! Ash isn't even close to the same realm as Bridgewater. You don't make it to best at your position and first round pick for nothing. Ash is not a good QB. It's that simple. He shows flashes but he will not be great for us because he's just not that good... There is something to be said about how much Applewhite sucks!

To be honest, I have only seen two games of Bridgewater - Miami and UConn. I, also, think an asterick should be placed by Ash because of the cluster we have had in coaching schemes and in his injury.

That being said, it's one thing for Bridgewater to look good against a Memphis team and to overlook his performance against UConn. Sure, Ash looked awful against KU. but remember he was a true freshman as well. It's not apples to apples to compare Ash against a senior in the first place.

Ash was a sophomore when the Kansas game happened.

Bridgewater is a junior this year.

The thing that worries me about Ash is that he will not be able to run with football...for fear of suffering another concussion. He's not good enough to just drop back and beat you with pure passing ability. As others have said, he's not accurate. Accuracy is much more important than having a cannon for an arm.

I think Ash is plenty accurate enough.

Ash needs some confidence and that will come from having a good OC and qb coach as well as a HC that will push him and motivate him

We just don't know about Ash, at this point, but he has potential, so does Swoops and so will Heard.

We are raw and unproven at qb, but there is some talent there, just waiting to be tapped by the rigth coaching.

Ash was a sophomore when the Kansas game happened.

Bridgewater is a junior this year.

Ash was basically still competing for the QB job, and didn't even have the advantage of a RS freshman season. Bridgewater DID have the RS season and was a polished QB.

You are whistling Dixie if you think that Ash and Bridgewater had equal coaching and developing. All I was saying is Ash's talents are almost as good as Bridgewaters. Will he eventually be as good? Probably not - it's different playing teams like OU and in the Big 12 - rather than the ACC - where you can stack your statistics. WVU and TCU discovered this.

Also, my comment assumed Ash was healthy next year and finally getting quality QB coaching in an offense that wasn't changing from game to game.

As far as Dalton Santos being slow, I don't know where that belief comes from.

Agreed, Santos is faster than Cole. He ran track for Van. I believe 11.7 in the 100m, 22.8 in the 200m.

Edited by 86MEHorn
original link was incorrect on times...

U didnt see any difference btw Ash and Bridgewater as a QB?

IMO, there is a clear difference. Bridgewater is much better. Ash can get better than he is now, has to get healthy

IMO, Ash is a good kid with good, not great, physical skills. He is pretty good when he is given good protection, but when placed under pressure, he is like a fish out of water. I just think that the UT stage is way too big for the young man.