Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wonder if Mack..............

DizzG

The culture has to be changed, and you don't start off a sweeping new era by having the guy you just forced out, the figurehead of everything wrong with the culture of the program, there at the introductory presser of the new coach to have his posterior smooched. Charlie Strong is the head coach, and (not saying you are one at all) the sooner the Mack-o-philes get that through their heads, the better off we will all be.

The Mack Brown Era is over. The Charlie Strong Era has begun.

I'm definitely not a Mack-o-phile (funny by the way) but I also don't think I am as bitter over him as some on this board. All in all I don't really care about it that much...somebody asked a question and I answered. Seems like everyone else here does not want him there and I'm fine with that.

I'm definitely not a Mack-o-phile (funny by the way) but I also don't think I am as bitter over him as some on this board. All in all I don't really care about it that much...somebody asked a question and I answered. Seems like everyone else here does not want him there and I'm fine with that.

Folks have every right to be bitter after the last four years. You almost have to applaud the tenacity of the ones who stayed 101% Mack-o-philes after the 2012 OU annihilation. With that said, it would be like getting married to a new hottie but having your ex wife in the front row.

Folks have every right to be bitter after the last four years. You almost have to applaud the tenacity of the ones who stayed 101% Mack-o-philes after the 2012 OU annihilation. With that said, it would be like getting married to a new hottie but having your ex wife in the front row.

Ok wait a second...if you were marrying a hottie, wouldn't you want your ex wife in the front row? Lol.

The culture has to be changed, and you don't start off a sweeping new era by having the guy you just forced out, the figurehead of everything wrong with the culture of the program, there at the introductory presser of the new coach to have his posterior smooched. Charlie Strong is the head coach, and (not saying you are one at all) the sooner the Mack-o-philes get that through their heads, the better off we will all be.

The Mack Brown Era is over. The Charlie Strong Era has begun.

Agree that the Charlie Strong Era starts today. But, it seems like it has to be "either - or" regarding Mack..."the worst coach evar" vs. "sunshine pumper". I'm somewhere in the middle.

I hope Charlie at least reaches out to Mack behind the scenes. After 16 yrs, Mack can add some value and knows where the dead bodies are. We need to finish the 2014 recruiting period strong. I disagree with some that 2015 is more critical than this year. 2013 was great for the OL, but not so much for skill positions. That would be two "meh" recruiting periods in a row.

Different sport, but Coach G burned it down when she came from Duke...that did not turn out well.

Agree that the Charlie Strong Era starts today. But, it seems like it has to be "either - or" regarding Mack..."the worst coach evar" vs. "sunshine pumper". I'm somewhere in the middle.

I hope Charlie at least reaches out to Mack behind the scenes. After 16 yrs, Mack can add some value and knows where the dead bodies are. We need to finish the 2014 recruiting period strong. I disagree with some that 2015 is more critical than this year. 2013 was great for the OL, but not so much for skill positions. That would be two "meh" recruiting periods in a row.

Different sport, but Coach G burned it down when she came from Duke...that did not turn out well.

That's a good take on things 86!

I would ban Mack Brown for at least 3 years from showing up over there for any purpose.

After some years go by, if we are winning and everyone is happy, people might be actually glad to see him. Time has a habit of fading the bad memories.

The only exception to this 3-year ban rule would be if Strong insists. It is his show now, if he thinks he wants that then so be it.

I would ban Mack Brown for at least 3 years from showing up over there for any purpose.

After some years go by, if we are winning and everyone is happy, people might be actually glad to see him. Time has a habit of fading the bad memories.

The only exception to this 3-year ban rule would be if Strong insists. It is his show now, if he thinks he wants that then so be it.

I am strating to believe it's Patterson's show now. Which is fine by me.