Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I wonder if Mack..............

DizzG

DKR wasn't forced out.

But he did not leave on good terms either. A lot of bad blood there before Mack came.

As for Mack he should swallow his pride and show up for the press conference. I agree he should not, and I don't think he wants to be, around UT for a good while. However this simple gesture would be a good start for him.

However I doubt it.

But he did not leave on good terms either. A lot of bad blood there before Mack came.

As for Mack he should swallow his pride and show up for the press conference. I agree he should not, and I don't think he wants to be, around UT for a good while. However this simple gesture would be a good start for him.

However I doubt it.

Mack was not replacing DKR and DKR was returning as a hero after being shunned by the program (and certain, now dead regents). This will be a day for Charlie Strong and Steve Patterson and a new direction for the program. It would be a distraction to say the least and take away from what is Patterson's and Strong's day. That said, I wouldn't put past ol' Mack to show up like a turd in the punch bowl.

Hook'em!

After the Alamo Bowl, mack said he would be stepping away for a while. I do not expect to see him at the presser, and, frankly, prefer that he not be there so we can focus on the future. After a few years, it will be nice to see him show up, but for now, he needs to enjoy being on vacation.

I think if he accepts the special assistant position withing the university he needs to show up in a passing of the baton type role.

He shouldn't be there-- we're moving forward and the past should stay that way.

What exactly does his $500,000 special asst. position entail? I know he's trying to squeeze the university for more than double that? That's a lot of money for a "special" assistant of any position. What exactly is this?

He shouldn't be there-- we're moving forward and the past should stay that way.

What exactly does his $500,000 special asst. position entail? I know he's trying to squeeze the university for more than double that? That's a lot of money for a "special" assistant of any position. What exactly is this?

I disagree with people saying he shouldn't be there. Now wether he wants to be there I have no clue. They didn't "fire" Mack, remember he resigned. Or retired. Or whatever they are calling it. It would be nice if they could say a little something nice about Mack's 16 years there, maybe highlight the championship season or something. Then introduce Coach Strong. While I am not happy with the last few years and certainly not happy for the way it ended, I don't feel that should take away from the accomplishments of his tenure.

But...after saying that I also don't think he will be there. I think he feels betrayed by the University and I have a feeling he's going to hold a grudge longer than us fans. But that's just a feeling, I have no info to back that up.

The culture has to be changed, and you don't start off a sweeping new era by having the guy you just forced out, the figurehead of everything wrong with the culture of the program, there at the introductory presser of the new coach to have his posterior smooched. Charlie Strong is the head coach, and (not saying you are one at all) the sooner the Mack-o-philes get that through their heads, the better off we will all be.

The Mack Brown Era is over. The Charlie Strong Era has begun.