Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Talk strong will bring this for S&C. Wow

DizzG

Maddog is a FANTASTIC strength and conditioning coach. Fantastic. However, he was a terrible disciplinarian. When there was accountability and the players did his lifts, they saw results. The majority of the year, the SC coach is the only staff member who can interact with the players. When their only authority figure doesn't make players do the lifts, you have a problem. You'd be disgusted to learn just how often several of our players actually lift. Mack and Maddog never sat them or really punished them for it.

Maddog is a FANTASTIC strength and conditioning coach. Fantastic. However, he was a terrible disciplinarian. When there was accountability and the players did his lifts, they saw results. The majority of the year, the SC coach is the only staff member who can interact with the players. When their only authority figure doesn't make players do the lifts, you have a problem. You'd be disgusted to learn just how often several of our players actually lift. Mack and Maddog never sat them or really punished them for it.

So was Bennie not very good or did Madden undermine Bennie's efforts? Seems like Bennie is pretty good, but I could be wrong.

I think Bennie's efforts were undermined by Madden. Though the injuries that have followed Bennie everywhere he's been took hold in Texas.

Without mad dog, Bennie would have been fine

Time for culture change, this fella is impressive. Our guys need to be in better shape and stronger. Bring it on

Don't believe we will have to worry about accountability with this guy. He said they (the players) will give it to me either now or later. The day will not end without me getting it (total effort/all they got/time in the pit) from them...period.

As the reporter said...if it was him he would rather play a little bunged up than nurse minor injuries and be subjected to the pit. Change is coming.

Edited by JKW-Hook 'em

From another article.

http://louisvillesportslive.net/inside-look-at-pat-moorer-the-pit/

We typically try not to dedicate an entire post to something from another local site, but it’s raining outside today and I’m feeling real lazy. But perhaps more important than the fact that’s it’s raining and I’m lazy, is the superb insight provided by CL Brown and the Courier Journal on this great piece that examines life in The Pit and the man behind it all, Pat Moorer. I first got a glimpse of life in the pit earlier this summer when UofL held their two open practices. When the team took the field, we noticed that cornerback Jordan Paschal was on crutches. Minutes later we looked over to our left and saw him sitting in what appeared to be a ditch, shovel in hand. He literally spent 60 minutes sitting in the blazing hot sun digging in that ditch. The upper-body torment must have been excruciating. And that’s what Moorer does. To promote an atmosphere where guys won’t milk their injuries to stay out of practice, he’s devised a workout / torture regiment for injured players that ensures they are back at practice the first day they’re physically able to do so. If you’ve hurt your knee or ankle, get ready for an explosive day of upper body work (see Jordan Paschal). Conversely, if it’s your arm or shoulder, prepare for a grueling lower-body workout. But, as the Courier’s article shows, it’s not just digging ditches and pulling golf carts. Moorer also wares down his players in the weight room, too. We’ve often heard the stories and myths behind Moorer’s commanding presence, and after seeing this piece, it’s probably safe to say they were all true.