Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not sure if Patterson is good or bad...

DizzG

Exactly, he's playing a very dangerous game. The term BMD's is used very loosely by many. The guys that Patterson froze out of the process are the absolutely most powerful BMD's at this time. They're the very guys who brought Patterson in to get this right. He has not only failed his key stakeholders at this point he has alienated them. A really bad move on his part. I would not want to be in his shoes today.

F@#K them and their entitled attitude. You hired Patterson to do a job he's highly qualified to do. Let him do his job.

$#@! them and their entitled attitude. You hired Patterson to do a job he's highly qualified to do. Let him do his job.

So, if you hire an employee and give him a very specific directive to carry out and then he does something completely different without consulting you in your opinion that would constitute him "doing his job". I would call it grounds for termination.

The only clown show has been from the BMD. Again unless saban or fisher was on total lockdown they are the ones who will look like clowns.

I mean red popping off about gruden makes UT look foolish.

You hired Patterson so let him do his f##king job

So, if you hire an employee and give him a very specific directive to carry out and then he does something completely different without consulting you in your opinion that would constitute him "doing his job". I would call it grounds for termination.

Thank you! Some people just don't get that!

The clown show is Patterson not having some of these possible issues outlined before offering Strong. The no show clause and what staff he will bring etc.

Also, trusting people in Bellmont with info with the potential of having it leaked. So much for being stealth and having all the supposed smoke screens to keep people at bay.

Patterson's job revolves around more than just a football coaching hire.

If it didn't, he wouldn't have the term "Director of Athletics" on his contract.

The fact this leaked out by a likely BMD just shows the clown show this is. The fact new names were leaking out every day by likely the BMD side was pathetic. Patterson wasn't leaking name after name IMO.

These people need to get out of the way and let people work. The BMDs are not even on the same page themselves and have shown no evidence they had saban on lockdown

The clown show is Patterson not having some of these possible issues outlined before offering Strong. The no show clause and what staff he will bring etc.

Also, trusting people in Bellmont with info with the potential of having it leaked. So much for being stealth and having all the supposed smoke screens to keep people at bay.

The issue is Strong's AD being held up by whether in Denver. Everything else is stuff people on a message board have mentioned thinking they are right.

I will agree with you about the leaking of info, though, but the "rumors" are that some high ranking UT people who didn't like Strong as the hire purposely leaked the info in order to screw up the deal. What an awesome fanbase we have!

Dizz - no offense but the reason Patterson was hired was because of these BMD. Who he is now ignoring. How would you feel if you were a BMD?

No offense but the BMD's can feel butt hurt all they want. They hired Patterson to do a job, and he hired what he feels is the right coach for the University of Texas. Just because the BMD's hired Patterson doesn't mean they get to run the show. I am glad we have an AD that isn't going to let all of the BMD's dictate every decision within the athletic department. As I have said in other post I will give both Patterson and Strong the benefit of the doubt until we start to see results on the field.

Ignoring what exactly? I respect your info but unless nick saban or fisher was a lock to sign what are we talking about here besides some rich guy or guys acting like spoiled children if in fact it's even true.

Mcpaul thinks UT was turned down by saban and fisher. Some others do too. Who knows? Jon gruden is not going to coach anywhere. Charlie strong is a better choice than art Briles

Either way no I don't think the BMD should run the whole show and people didnt want them too a few months back. Patterson was supposed to be the guy who was capable of doing his own thing.

Fisher never turned us down cause we didn't offer. No offer ever went out despite Sexton telling us Fisher was highly interested.

We will have to disagree on Briles. Briles would have killed it in recruiting and on the offense. He would have also been forces to bring in Pruitt or Narduzzi. Period. Strong dosent know the state and dosent have the personality to make a immediate impact.

Briles + Narduzzi would have killed it and Texas would have been a 10-11 win team next year. Now were looking at 8-4 maybe maybe 9-3

No he didn't. The BMDs did.

Red's comments

Hicks' doings and comments

Patterson

Then Dodds saying call Muschamp

Then a few BMDs who want Mack to stay

And yet you want to blame this WHOLE thing on Patterson? Child please.

Your so called "sh*t show" wouldn't be happening if we let the AD do his job. You wonder why people turned us down? Look how many people are "in charge" and tell me that isn't a circus in an of itself....

I think this makes sense. Too many chiefs scares people away. It's Pattersons job and career on the line. I will wait to see how strong dies before I judge the hire

What show? It's obvious the strong news leaked out before it was finished. He hasn't even been able to tell his AD. Patterson didnt leak that stuff

I think people need to pause and not believe every random thing being thrown out right now and I've been guilty of that myself but this is getting ridiculous

The fact that we can't fire and hire and this clown show that DeLoss condoned and Patterson has allowed is a disgrace to the University.

Your viewpoint would have validity if Patterson had landed a first or second tier coach with a championship track record in a major conference. Your assumption is that he exhausted all of the following options that could be classified as Tier 1 or 2 coaches:

Saban

Fisher

Malzahn

Meyer

Shaw

Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh

Bob Stoops

Briles

Gundy

Richt

D'Antonio

Sweeney

We are suppose to believe that Patterson exhausted all of these alternatives and picked a guy who has never won a championship in a major conference with one signature win over UF???

UT would be way better off with Bob Stoops with all his flaws. Gut your rival and pick up a coach with a MNC and 8 conference championships. Strong is a guy that OU would have to settle for, not one that UT should choose. The top tier guys were largely ignored because of UT prejudices of one sort or the other that have nothing to do with hiring the best coach to win championships.

Please go through your list there and show me where the championships are, with the exception of Saban. fisher hasn't won a national championship yet. Malzahn has not won a national championship yet, Briles shit the bed against UCF. Maybe you say Malzahn has a national championship as an assistant, with Cam Newton, and I would argue that Strong has the same championship experience, and more than some of your tier 1 lists.

That's very likely to happen!

And personally I hope it happens. All of a sudden Strong hasn't discussed this with his AD, President or team, now there is a buyout concern, oh yeah let's toss in the mix the disagreement with the staff. How embarrassing that this circus is allowed to go on and on....

Do any of the BMD's work for UT? How in anyway is Patterson beholden to people he doesn't directly work for. This scenario is like Apple execs being pissed at what the President of Microsoft is doing.

So Shaunsters, can you confirm that Briles wanted the job but didn't want to interview for it?

Because it smells to me that Briles and Mora didn't want do the work necessary (interview/meet/etc) to get handed the keys to the kingdom.

Plus, when you remove your name from consideration, it almost always means "you didn't get the offer" so you remove self to make self look good to your current employer/fanbase.

Patterson's job revolves around more than just a football coaching hire.

If it didn't, he wouldn't have the term "Director of Athletics" on his contract.

Pancho, they hired Patterson to overhaul the entire culture of the Athletics Department....and the first and BY FAR most important aspect of this is hiring a big time football coach. Patterson was told very specifically who to pursue and he went after his own guy in a panic move fearing Miami might snag him first. At the very least he needed to get sign off from the key Hiring Committee members....Hicks, Rowling, and Stillwell before pursuing his own agenda.

Edited by Baghorn

Do any of the BMD's work for UT? How in anyway is Patterson beholden to people he doesn't directly work for. This scenario is like Apple execs being pissed at what the President of Microsoft is doing.

Let me draw a corporate analogy for you that might help put this in perspective.....

From the top of the Corporate Food Chain down to the Management level

1. Major Investors ala VC's, Majority Shareholders = Rowling, McCombs, Tillerson, Tom Hicks

2. Board of Directors = Board of Regents = Steve Hicks and Bobby Stillwell

3. CEO = President of the University = Powers

4. VP of Sports = AD= Patterson

The Major Investors and Major Shareholders along with and combined with the BoR collectively are bar none the most powerful people in the equation. The CEO and VP of Sports ignore their input at their own peril. These guys control all the levels below them. They have no interest in micro managing the details. That's the job of the executives they hire. However, they are expected to carry out the primary directives issued to them by these folks. That did not happen in this case and the Major Investors and Board guys are pissed.

Edited by Baghorn

How can you say he didn't? Once they were out there, they stayed there.

Because of every one trying to be an insider, yourself included, when you all obviously had no clue what was happening since Patterson put the lid on info. All the insiders have turned into conspiracy theorists with your laughable explanations of what transpired.