Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Not sure if Patterson is good or bad...

DizzG

But I read post after post on here and other sites how people hoped Patterson had a spine to stand up to the BMDs and not let them run the whole show. Don't ass kiss etc. That this needed to be pattersons hire and those guys needed to get out of the way

I swear I read that at least 50 times between 3 sites. Now Patterson sucks because Charlie strong looks to be the guy and not nick saban and because some BMD may or may not be mad at him for shutting them out and not doing everything they said?

History will just Patterson and strong both and I'm not saying either one is great or not. Time will tell

But this notion Patterson has now "screwed over" the saban BMD based on no real info and considering what people wanted when deloss was pushed out seems a bit strange at the moment

Nuufaola has posted he doesn't know at the moment if some were shut out. Many have been traveling and others were prob asking for the unattainable

His theory is Patterson got the highest attainable guy

No, Patterson sucks because he allowed the sh*t show to go on.

What show? It's obvious the strong news leaked out before it was finished. He hasn't even been able to tell his AD. Patterson didnt leak that stuff

I think people need to pause and not believe every random thing being thrown out right now and I've been guilty of that myself but this is getting ridiculous

What show? It's obvious the strong news leaked out before it was finished. He hasn't even been able to tell his AD. Patterson didnt leak that stuff

I think people need to pause and not believe every random thing being thrown out right now and I've been guilty of that myself but this is getting ridiculous

The leaking of names, Mora, Briles, etc. A new name everyday.

Dizz - no offense but the reason Patterson was hired was because of these BMD. Who he is now ignoring. How would you feel if you were a BMD?

Shaunsters, while I don't doubt there are a few not happy, like here, I doubt there are a majority.

But I read post after post on here and other sites how people hoped Patterson had a spine to stand up to the BMDs and not let them run the whole show. Don't ass kiss etc. That this needed to be pattersons hire and those guys needed to get out of the way

I swear I read that at least 50 times between 3 sites. Now Patterson sucks because Charlie strong looks to be the guy and not nick saban and because some BMD may or may not be mad at him for shutting them out and not doing everything they said?

History will just Patterson and strong both and I'm not saying either one is great or not. Time will tell

But this notion Patterson has now "screwed over" the saban BMD based on no real info and considering what people wanted when deloss was pushed out seems a bit strange at the moment

Nuufaola has posted he doesn't know at the moment if some were shut out. Many have been traveling and others were prob asking for the unattainable

His theory is Patterson got the highest attainable guy

Your viewpoint would have validity if Patterson had landed a first or second tier coach with a championship track record in a major conference. Your assumption is that he exhausted all of the following options that could be classified as Tier 1 or 2 coaches:

Saban

Fisher

Malzahn

Meyer

Shaw

Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh

Bob Stoops

Briles

Gundy

Richt

D'Antonio

Sweeney

We are suppose to believe that Patterson exhausted all of these alternatives and picked a guy who has never won a championship in a major conference with one signature win over UF???

UT would be way better off with Bob Stoops with all his flaws. Gut your rival and pick up a coach with a MNC and 8 conference championships. Strong is a guy that OU would have to settle for, not one that UT should choose. The top tier guys were largely ignored because of UT prejudices of one sort or the other that have nothing to do with hiring the best coach to win championships.

Edited by TexasFirst1

Dizz - no offense but the reason Patterson was hired was because of these BMD. Who he is now ignoring. How would you feel if you were a BMD?

Ignoring what exactly? I respect your info but unless nick saban or fisher was a lock to sign what are we talking about here besides some rich guy or guys acting like spoiled children if in fact it's even true.

Mcpaul thinks UT was turned down by saban and fisher. Some others do too. Who knows? Jon gruden is not going to coach anywhere. Charlie strong is a better choice than art Briles

Either way no I don't think the BMD should run the whole show and people didnt want them too a few months back. Patterson was supposed to be the guy who was capable of doing his own thing.

By TEXASFIRST1:Your viewpoint would have validity if Patterson had landed a first or second tier coach with a championship track record in a major conference. Your assumption is that he exhausted all of the following options that could be classified as Tier 1 or 2 coaches:

Saban

Fisher

Malzahn

Meyer

Shaw

Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh

Bob Stoops

Briles

Gundy

Richt

D'Antonio

Sweeney

We are suppose to believe that Patterson exhausted all of these alternatives and picked a guy who has never won a championship in a major conference with one signature win over UF???

UT would be way better off with Bob Stoops with all his flaws. Gut your rival and pick up a coach with a MNC and 8 conference championships. Strong is a guy that OU would have to settle for, not one that UT should choose

Couldn't have said it any better......Strong has 1(one) quality win in past 4 Years,,,,,,,Florida Jan 2014

Understand he gave impression he had ALL these top line coaches ready to come to Texas with him.....Where are they....

Exactly, he's playing a very dangerous game. The term BMD's is used very loosely by many. The guys that Patterson froze out of the process are the absolutely most powerful BMD's at this time. They're the very guys who brought Patterson in to get this right. He has not only failed his key stakeholders at this point he has alienated them. A really bad move on his part. I would not want to be in his shoes today.

Agreed. What would it take for them to can him now? Don't think anyone would be heartbroken if he got the axe so soon.

Your viewpoint would have validity if Patterson had landed a first or second tier coach with a championship track record in a major conference. Your assumption is that he exhausted all of the following options that could be classified as Tier 1 or 2 coaches:

Saban

Fisher

Malzahn

Meyer

Shaw

Jim Harbaugh

John Harbaugh

Bob Stoops

Briles

Gundy

Richt

D'Antonio

Sweeney

UT would be way better off with Bob Stoops with all his flaws. Gut your rival and pick up a coach with a MNC and 8 conference championships. Strong is a guy that OU would have to settle for, not one that UT should choose. The top tier guys were largely ignored because of UT prejudices of one sort or the other that have nothing to do with hiring the best coach to win championships.

Richt, Gundy..Sweeney..Really?

Why would the BOR want to make Texas look any more disorganized than they already appear to be. Stop hoping things fall through, because you are not getting Fisher, geez I swear some of you guys handle break up/rejection worse than a thirteen year old girl..

Perhaps this BMD mentality is what caused Saban and others to pass on the job. One of the knocks on TX nationally is the meddlesome donors thinking they are the decision makers. If they are in fact making all of these decisions then we are in a death spiral. This is the University of Texas not the University of BMD. Remember how you all felt when Jamall was pulling this crap? This is no different

No, Patterson sucks because he allowed the sh*t show to go on.

No he didn't. The BMDs did.

Red's comments

Hicks' doings and comments

Patterson

Then Dodds saying call Muschamp

Then a few BMDs who want Mack to stay

And yet you want to blame this WHOLE thing on Patterson? Child please.

Your so called "sh*t show" wouldn't be happening if we let the AD do his job. You wonder why people turned us down? Look how many people are "in charge" and tell me that isn't a circus in an of itself....